Sulphur Mix 2014 Challenge

HairPleezeGrow

Natural.MediumFine.3c.
This challenge will be hosted by LaNecia. Thank you girl!

The Rules
1. Use any sulphur based growth aid at least three times a week and massage into the scalp for 3 mins and then if you'd like baggy/GHE
2. Exercise AND eat well. Exercising increases blood flow to the scalp which in turn stimulates hair growth. But if there isn't the right mix of nutrients in the blood hair will not grow well. Therefore it is essential to do both
3. Keep your scalp clean to guarantee maximum effectiveness, whether that be by co washing or shampooing. Product build up will hinder your results.

Progress Dates
March 31st
June 30th
September 30th
December 31st

Any challengers should :
Post a starting pic
Tell us your starting length
Tell us your goal length
State if your natural or relaxed or anything in between
Tell us what you are going to do to maintain all the length you gain

HPG

Don't judge...Sent from my Galaxy Note II using LHCF

Last edited:

HairPleezeGrow

Natural.MediumFine.3c.
Post a starting pic- pic below

Tell us your starting length- front is bottom of lip, sides are SL, crown is bottom of ear, and nape is SL

Tell us your goal length- APL by end of December 2014

State if your natural or relaxed or anything in between- natural

Tell us what you are going to do to maintain all the length you gain- apply my oil nightly, cowash twice week and sulfate poo wash once every 2 weeks, dc weekly, inversion method one week per month

ForumRunner_20131121_070626.jpg

HPG

HairPleezeGrow

Natural.MediumFine.3c.
Applied my NJoy oil.

Any takers to host this challenge?

HPG

PureSilver

Not sure if i can manage this one. I would love to but i didn't keep up to par with the one for this year.

ETA: ok i'm in!!!!!

I thought of buying LG again because it does work so i'll see how much growth i can get to reach my goal of MBL while PStyling in 2014

Last edited:

Froreal3

haulin hard in the paint
Ran out of my sulfur pomade and NJoy oil. I will order another one during Pomade shop's next sale. If NJoy has a holiday sale, I will get one too. I won't be using them again until after I'm done trying Priteva though. That may be sometime in March. So I'll probably be back in this challenge in the Spring.

PinkyPromise

I will not be hosting this challenge. I am already hosting 2 challenges for 2014. I just wanted to get it started so any volunteers to host would be gr8. The Rules 1. Use any sulphur based growth aid at least three times a week and massage into the scalp for 3 mins and then if you'd like baggy/GHE 2. Exercise AND eat well. Exercising increases blood flow to the scalp which in turn stimulates hair growth. But if there isn't the right mix of nutrients in the blood hair will not grow well. Therefore it is essential to do both 3. Keep your scalp clean to guarantee maximum effectiveness, whether that be by co washing or shampooing. Product build up will hinder your results. Progress Dates March 31st June 30th September 30th December 31st Any challengers should : Post a starting pic Tell us your starting length Tell us your goal length State if your natural or relaxed or anything in between Tell us what you are going to do to maintain all the length you gain HPG Don't judge...Sent from my Galaxy Note II using LHCF

I want to join! I'm natural.
Starting Pictures:
image-3027566637.jpg image-2296455981.jpg
Current Length: CBL
Goal Length: APL/Full APL by April 2014 Ultimate Goal: BSB

My regimen usually consists of moisturizing and sealing daily, cowashing up to twice a week (depends on product buildup), and deep conditioning weekly. I use a lot of essential oils and natural methods for growth (massage, exercise, oils). I currently AM NOT using any heat at all. The only time I'm considering flat ironing is when I reach Full APL. I usually wear my hair in twists, twistout or puffs.

I'm determined and excited! I take 1000 mg of MSM so I'll just be taking some of my capsules apart to use in a spray I mix up.

Last edited:

LaNecia

Applied my NJoy oil. Any takers to host this challenge? HPG Don't judge...Sent from my Galaxy Note II using LHCF

Hey HPG, I'm in! Given it some thought, thanks for your response to my PM. Ready to take the reigns...

Sent from my iPhone 5 using LHCF

HairPleezeGrow

Natural.MediumFine.3c.
Hey HPG, I'm in! Given it some thought, thanks for your response to my PM. Ready to take the reigns...

Yay! Thank you soooo much! :) Glad to have you hosting. I edited OP.

HPG

PureSilver

My Stats................

Post a starting pic: coming soon
Tell us your starting length: I think its APL
Tell us your goal length: MBL Sept 2014
State if your natural or relaxed or anything in between: Relaxed
Tell us what you are going to do to maintain all the length you gain: PStyling Weaves Buns

LaNecia

Hey 2014 Challengers! I'm very excited to be taking over hosting this challenge. I've been a part of several over the years but never hosted one before.

I look forward to seeing everyone's progress as we head into 2014. I'm also participating in this challenge because consistency in application of topical growth aids has always been something I fall off of after a few weeks/months. I will be posting my own starting pics at the end of December.

My hair has never been APL (which I reached this month!) and my Goal is BSL (just to be able to say that I CAN have longer hair). My hair is Natural 4a/b/c.

For length retention I'm focusing on finger detangling, keeping my hair stretched without using direct heat, deep/steam conditioning, maintaining the Moisture/Protein Balance and protective styling.

HHG!!

LaNecia

HairPleezeGrow

Natural.MediumFine.3c.
Hey 2014 Challengers! I'm very excited to be taking over hosting this challenge. I've been a part of several over the years but never hosted one before.

I look forward to seeing everyone's progress as we head into 2014. I'm also participating in this challenge because consistency in application of topical growth aids has always been something I fall off of after a few weeks/months. I will be posting my own starting pics at the end of December.

My hair has never been APL (which I reached this month!) and my Goal is BSL (just to be able to say that I CAN have longer hair). My hair is Natural 4a/b/c.

For length retention I'm focusing on finger detangling, keeping my hair stretched without using direct heat, deep/steam conditioning, maintaining the Moisture/Protein Balance and protective styling.

HHG!!

LaNecia

I'm so excited...and I just can't hide it...lol

HPG

NaturalfienD

I'm in here … reserving my spot, subbing and will be back with stats soon.

Better late than never I guess ... :look:

Post a starting pic

side 2014.jpg

back 2014.jpg

Tell us your starting length

Side length: APL I suppose. Back length: one inch (or less) from BSL.

Tell us your goal length

My goal for this year is to have the sides of my hair grazing BSL and I am hoping that I can achieve MBL for the back.

State if your natural or relaxed or anything in between

Natural since 2010.

Tell us what you are going to do to maintain all the length you gain

I am going to continue PS until I make it to WL. :yep:

Last edited:

LaNecia

Welcome NaturalfeinD! Thank you for reserving your spot in our challenge. We look forward to seeing your stats and starting pictures for 2014.

HairPleezeGrow, your consistency is inspiring! I've been keeping up so far applying 5 days a week but towards Thursday my hair really needs a cowash, I've been trying not to do a cowash midweek due to wanting to keep my hair stretched but...yeah, it's time to start throwing that in mid week. Besides...I've been having some slamming twist outs which I put in an up do so I guess it doesn't really matter about it being stretched?!

HairPleezeGrow

Natural.MediumFine.3c.
Welcome NaturalfeinD! Thank you for reserving your spot in our challenge. We look forward to seeing your stats and starting pictures for 2014.

HairPleezeGrow, your consistency is inspiring! I've been keeping up so far applying 5 days a week but towards Thursday my hair really needs a cowash, I've been trying not to do a cowash midweek due to wanting to keep my hair stretched but...yeah, it's time to start throwing that in mid week. Besides...I've been having some slamming twist outs which I put in an up do so I guess it doesn't really matter about it being stretched?!

Yeah I usually cowash once or twice a week depending on if my hair feels oily. I try to keep applying bc once you miss it will be easy to keep missing.

HPG

Froreal3

haulin hard in the paint
HairPleezeGrow so you are using your oils still with your Hairfinity? I was thinking about continuing with my NJoy or TPS pomade, but I didn't want to skew the possible results of the Priteva vitamins that I just started taking.

What do you think? Will you be able to tell if the Hairfinity is working? Or you don't care about discerning that?

HairPleezeGrow

Natural.MediumFine.3c.
HairPleezeGrow so you are using your oils still with your Hairfinity? I was thinking about continuing with my NJoy or TPS pomade, but I didn't want to skew the possible results of the Priteva vitamins that I just started taking.

What do you think? Will you be able to tell if the Hairfinity is working? Or you don't care about discerning that?

I'm still doing my oils also. They feel good to my scalp and help. What ever growth I get from hairfinity will be a bonus. I kind of have an idea if I've gained anything from the hairfinity bc my normal growth rate without anything is less than 1/2 in per month. With my oils it's 1/2 in or a little over. With inversion I'm doing every month it's a 1/2 in to close to an inch, so if I get an inch or more I know hairfinity is working.

HPG

Froreal3

haulin hard in the paint
^^^Thanks. I feel with my oils I get about .5" per month also. I think if I get over that the vitamins are working.

Sent from my Snow White Frost Galaxy S4

LaNecia

Short hiatus, had to sink a LOT of money into my car and using public transit has thrown my schedule some. Off all last week, will resume tonight.

~LaNecia

Angelbean

I am definitely in I use a sulphur mix on my scalp a few days a week anyhow!

I am below bra strap not quite mid back

Natural

I will apply the sulphur mix 3 days a week

I will keep my ends hydrated to retain the length I will achieve

I am so excited for the length and fullness for my hair as well as everyone else in this challenge! We can do it ladies!!:yep:

LaNecia

Welcome AngelBean!! Looks like you have a great plan to start the New Year! We are excited to have you joining us on this journey. :)

~LaNecia

LaNecia

I was a good girl and got my NJoy scalp oil applied (warmed). I cut my massage to two minutes then misted my hair with water and applied a ceramide oil blend and retwisted my hair for bed.

Angelbean

Today I plan to apply my sulphur oil mix to my scalp massage for two minutes and spritz the length of my hair with my water castor and leave in mix and seal with my kizuri beauty shea butter which I am LOVING! And I am not a big shea lover lol....and merry almost Christmas ladies anyone starting there Christmas meals today?