Sulphur Mix 2014 Challenge

JustGROWwithIt

I'm in! I just started using my NJoy sulfur oil again a couple of days ago. A challenge like this will definitely help me stay on track with it.

STARTING LENGTH.....APL
GOAL LENGTH.....MBL
STATE YOUR HAIR.....NATURAL
MAINTENANCE.....I AM CURRENTLY WEARING WIGS WITH MY HAIR BRAIDED UNDER. I LEAVE THE BRAIDS IN FOR A MONTH AT A TIME, COWASHING 2-3 TIMES A WEEK. SHAMPOO ONCE A MONTH AFTER TAKING HAIR DOWN. PROTEIN TREATMENT AND DC UNDER STEAMER AFTER EACH SHAMPOO. CORN ROW HAIR BACK UP USING LADY P'S DEEP MOISTURE METHOD. I WILL BE APPLYING NJOY OIL EVERY NIGHT FOR THE NEXT MONTH AND THEN PROBABLY LESSEN IT TO 3-4 TIMES A WEEK AFTER THAT.

image-2305379527.jpg

Last edited:

myfaithrising

Curious myfaithrising what kind of mix? I have some coffee powder but I'm worried about adding it to anything.

Suny

I know, I was a bit nervous about adding ingredients too but I settled on coffee butter, coconut oil, emu oil, JBCO, argan oil, coffee infused rosemary oil, and ground coffee beans. I let all of this marinate in a double boiler for about 45 minutes. I split the batch and added sulfur to half and left the other half without. I know that this sounds like a lot and it probably is but so far I'm loving this combo. Good luck with your mix!!!

myfaithrising

I know, I was a bit nervous about adding ingredients too but I settled on coffee butter, coconut oil, emu oil, JBCO, argan oil, coffee infused rosemary oil, and ground coffee beans. I let all of this marinate in a double boiler for about 45 minutes. I split the batch and added sulfur to half and left the other half without. I know that this sounds like a lot and it probably is but so far I'm loving this combo. Good luck with your mix!!!

Ps.. it was very soft when I finished so I added olive wax to firm it up a bit.

SunySydeofLyfe

Thank you for responding. That mix sounds good.

Suny

xxinsanexxchels

Tell us your starting length: ear/neck length
Tell us your goal length: right now I just want shoulder length first
State if your natural or relaxed or anything in between: 9 months post relaxer 7 months post semi bc
Tell us what you are going to do to maintain all the length you gain: protective styling I'm gonna look up some p.s hairstyles once my hair gets long enough

Attachments

• IMG_20140101_122912.jpg
    IMG_20140101_122912.jpg
    398.2 KB · Views: 38

JustGROWwithIt

I forgot to post yesterday but I did oil my scalp with Njoy growth oil last night and am about to do it right now for today.

babyt87

I'm in! I do this sporadically anyway - so why not :)

Post a starting pic - coming soon (waiting for my length check tshirt)
Tell us your starting length - between APL and BSL
Tell us your goal length - MBL
State if your natural or relaxed or anything in between - natural 4a/4b
Tell us what you are going to do to maintain all the length you gain - buns and wigs. i'm going to try and lay off the heat, also.

Wenbev

Tell us what you are going to do to maintain all the length you gain

hairpleezegrow I'd like to join!

Hair is super short after a hair cut :)
Hair is natural - Current length Front to eyebrow-ish, crown about 3 inches, sides to jaw and back to nape
Goal length longest layers to SL
To maintain - paying attention to hair, keeping a balance between moisture and protien use, regular dusting and ayurvedic powders
Using bee mine sulfur growth serum.

Attachments

• 12142013 hair cut.jpg
    12142013 hair cut.jpg
    264 KB · Views: 28

HairPleezeGrow

Natural.MediumFine.3c.
I haven't applied my oil for a few days. I'm going to apply and dc tonight.

ETA- applied my NJoy oil

Sent from my iPad using LHCF

Last edited:

NaturalfienD

Checking in …

Applied sulfur mix last night and will reapply tomorrow. Can't wait until the 16th for take down, these braids are getting heavy. :(

SunySydeofLyfe

Im experimenting with mtg coconut oil and shea butter trying to make a solid mix so that its easier to apply. I hope ot works because sulphur is said to effective for eczema and dd has a terrible case. Hair growth and eczema care in one product would be wonderful! !

Suny

Froreal3

haulin hard in the paint
Hi ladies. I'm back in. I will use NJoy's sulfur oil for a couple months. I want to grow at least 2 inches by March.

Chula

I'd like to join as well. I oiled Wed night & again Sat night. My mix has JBCO, rosemary, grape seed, a few drops of peppermint. I don't like the smell at all, so I will be tweaking it once this batch is all gone. Besides Njoy, what other oils are you ladies using?

coyacoy

Count me in! I haven't joined a challenge in quite a while, but I need this one to hopefully grow out my crown area which I heat damaged last year:nono:. Sulfur mix helped me in the past to fill in a thin area of my head so I am hoping it will help this time around as well! Good luck to everyone; and I look forward to seeing everyone's progress!:drunk:

I will be using my own mix of sublimed sulfur and JBCO

Post a starting pic: Attached - you can clearly see the breakage here. Pic taken 1/4/14
Tell us your starting length: Longest layer is BSL but shortest (thanks to breakage) is ear length
Tell us your goal length: Full BSL
State if your natural or relaxed or anything in between: Natural, fine strands, high porosity
Tell us what you are going to do to maintain all the length you gain: Wash/DC weekly rotating heavy protein, mild and protein-free DCs...moisturize daily/as needed...seal every other night...protective style majority of time (mostly because it's easier and quicker during the week)....trim every couple of months

Attachments

• Jan 2014 starting pic.jpg
    Jan 2014 starting pic.jpg
    273.3 KB · Views: 28

Chula

I applied my mix today, & massaged while doing inversion for 4 minutes. I'll apply more on Wednesday, then co-wash Thursday.

Wenbev

Thank you ms. hpg! Inversion will force me to get back on track with yoga. I did it for 5 min tonight after massaging in warm bee mine sulfur.