Sulphur Mix Challenge 2013

heirloom

So I was going to post in the old one but it disappeared before I had a chance to and I thought I might as well take it upon myself to start a new one within the forum guidelines.

The Rules
1. Use any sulphur based growth aid (I've mixed up a batch of Njoy's old growth aid) at least three times a week and massage into the scalp for 3 mins and then baggy/GHE
2. Exercise AND eat well. Exercising increases blood flow to the scalp which in turn stimulates hair growth. But if there isn't the right mix of nutrients in the blood hair will not grow well. Therefore it is essential to do both
3. Keep your scalp clean to guarantee maximum effectiveness, whether that be by co washing or shampooing. Product build up will hinder your results
NJoy, faithVA or anyone else if you think I've missed anything out that should be included in the rules just tell me

Progress Dates
June 30th
September 30th
December 31st

Any challengers should :
Post a starting pic
Tell us your starting length
Tell us your goal length
State if your natural or relaxed or anything in between
Tell us what you are going to do to maintain all the length you gain

heirloom

My hair is SL relaxed and I'm hoping to be BSL by the end of the year. I've out that my hair loves to be sealed with castor oil and then baggied so I am going to keep doing that to retain length

Attachments

• hair11.jpg
    hair11.jpg
    293 KB · Views: 65

HairPleezeGrow

Natural.MediumFine.3c.
Saving my spot. I will post my info later....

I'm natural NL/SL and I'm wigging it pretty much. I did a sock bun so I may use that as a PS for a while. I cowash once a week with any con I have and dc once a week. I trim (or cut) every other month. I will post a starting pic in another post bc I'm on my phone and it doesn't give me the option to add pic on this edited post.

Last edited:

NJoy

Here I grow again!
Why was it deleted now? Eta: because it had to be purchased probably?

Sent from my SGH-T959 using LHCF

Because i had a link to the order page in the first post.

I didn't mean to violate any rules and am trying to sign up for a vendors account, if that will keep me out of trouble. I just want to be able to help you ladies get the type of growth that i got and am sill getting. So, whatever i gotta do. The thread was positive, motivating and supportive. I'm down for that again, without being in violation.

That said, I'm in! Be back with my stats. :yep:

NJoy

Here I grow again!
Lol. I just answered you in the thread.

She deleted it because i had a link for the order page in the first post. I was just trying to make it convenient because ladies were asking at random times thought the thread. I didn't know it would cause problems.

I told he she coulee just deleted the links or let me know. She didn't have to delete the whole thread. We were all giving and sharing good info.

Ah well. Well be answering the same questions again. I'm signing up for a vendors acct so that there will be no more problems.

Ain't nobody got time for all this. We have hair goals to meet. :spinning:

Babygrowth

I'm in! Let's get this thread lifted just like the other one! I need that positive energy back!
I'm NL relaxed/texlaxed
My goal is Full SL
I cowash 2x week and shampoo 1x week, DCing 2-3x week
I was doing it in celies but I wasn't rinsing well enough and had some build up which led to drier and tangled strands leading to breakage in some areas. Nothing major. So I just put in about 10 braids instead of 20+ and undo them each time and finger detangle but do major detangling on Saturday. I oil my hair every night but may skip a night in there and do it in the morning and baggy all day. Sometimes baggy overnight although sometimes I wake up with wet hair, other times damp hair so idk what the difference is yet but I will figure it out.
Here's my starting pic:

ForumRunner_20130406_125610.jpg

Froreal3

haulin hard in the paint
Lol. I just answered you in the thread.

She deleted it because i had a link for the order page in the first post. I was just trying to make it convenient because ladies were asking at random times thought the thread. I didn't know it would cause problems.

I told he she coulee just deleted the links or let me know. She didn't have to delete the whole thread. We were all giving and sharing good info.

Ah well. Well be answering the same questions again. I'm signing up for a vendors acct so that there will be no more problems.

Ain't nobody got time for all this. We have hair goals to meet. :spinning:

NJoy Funny because you put the link up later, as an afterthought. Oh well. We can do the same in this challenge.

Froreal3

haulin hard in the paint
Any challengers should :
Post a starting pic
Tell us your starting length APL 9"
Tell us your goal length MBL 14" by September - December
State if your natural or relaxed or anything in between Natural, 4a/b, fine strands, lowish/medium density, normal porosity

Tell us what you are going to do to maintain all the length you gain: I ps 100% of the time, DC weekly, moisture/protein balance, m&s every other day, workout 3 - 4x a week. I also take a multi and eat clean.

Attachments

• Hair 3-26-13 014.jpg
    Hair 3-26-13 014.jpg
    89.9 KB · Views: 54
Last edited:

Jobwright

Joining!

I'm currently SL. I was focusing on length but since I am transitioning and will have to slowly cut away the relaxed ends, I now mainly focus on health and steady growth. Using NJoys Sulfur Mix nightly with GHE. Currently in Kinky Twists, spraying twice daily with nettle, oolong, marshmallow and burdock tea/herbs. Sealing with olive oil until I get some jojoba oil.

Attachments

• image-4216798635.jpg
    image-4216798635.jpg
    343.4 KB · Views: 52

faithVA

I was surprised to see my name in the OP. I kept getting reminders but it never showed up.

I am back in. I needed a fresh start. I didn't start out so well last time. I just trimmed my hair today so I don't know what length I am now. I will take a picture within the week. I will complete everything later.

Post a starting pic
Tell us your starting length
Tell us your goal length: SL
State if your natural or relaxed or anything in between: Natural
Tell us what you are going to do to maintain all the length you gain

faithVA

NJoy, you recommend not using the mix a week before or after a relaxer. How about with color? Is there any waiting period?

ojemba

Im in. To bad the last tread was deleted it was awesome.

I've already seen great progress from using Njoys mix.

nakialovesshoes

I'm back in. I want to be WL by 12/21/13. I am currently APL.

I will be hiding my hair for the majority of this year with beehive cornrows under wigs, scarves, beanies, etc. I will be applying NJoy's new & improved formula daily & GHEing. I will CW/moisturize/seal on Mondays & Wednesdays. I will prepoo overnight on Friday nights w/EVCO & DC w/AOHR & moisturize/seal on Saturdays.

I will use SM Purification Masque for my CWing but mainly I'll be concentrating on my scalp. For moisture I'm using Giovanni LI & either KBB Super Duper Hydration or Qhemet BRC. Sometimes I'll be spritzing with Oyin J&B or SM Hold & Shine Mist. Oh, also, I will at least henna my roots every time I take down my beehive.

I'm having issues uploading my pics. I'll add some starting pics after I eat. Tis all...

NJoy

Here I grow again!
@NJoy, you recommend not using the mix a week before or after a relaxer. How about with color? Is there any waiting period?

faithVA

I'm gonna suggest waiting with any chemical processing. I just don't want the sulfur to react to any chemical residue. Better safe than sorry. What kind of color?

I hope it turns out that you are able to use the oil.

Last edited:

NJoy

Here I grow again!
So how is the vendor account different? Aside from being able to sell items?

Then I will have permission to have one link in my siggy. Otherwise, I'm soliciting without paying the house. :lol:

No biggie. I want to do all things decently and in order. If that's the cost of still being able to help and watch some sistas grow, then so be it. I'm excited that everyone's gonna get the type of growth I've gotten. :drunk:

Now let's carry on with our growing!

I oiled my hair with coconut oil last night and sealed with avocado oil. Will probably oil rinse later tonight.

NJoy

Here I grow again!
Ok, I set up a link in the vendor's section that has the link for ordering. I'll also put the link in my siggy for convenience.

If you remember someone being in the challenge who isn't here yet, please tag them. I LOVED the energy and excitement we had going.

Also, if you're tracking your progress on your youtube challenge or blog, give us the link so that we can support each other.

Let's grow some hair!!!!

Incognitus

Then I will have permission to have one link in my siggy. Otherwise, I'm soliciting without paying the house. :lol:

No biggie. I want to do all things decently and in order. If that's the cost of still being able to help and watch some sistas grow, then so be it. I'm excited that everyone's gonna get the type of growth I've gotten. :drunk:

Now let's carry on with our growing!

I oiled my hair with coconut oil last night and sealed with avocado oil. Will probably oil rinse later tonight.

So why not just TELL you that so you can get the "vendor's license" and not have to lose all of that thread data. Anyhoo.... :spinning:

HanaKuroi

I didn't get to see my answer. Can I post a blurry picture?

I can't see any mentions on my IPhone. PM me if it is a must see. Allons y