Sulphur Mix Challenge 2013

Froreal3

haulin hard in the paint
^^I haven't tried the coffee stuff yet. That may be on my list next time I shop from them.

LaNecia

I'm not in the Challenge for 2013 but started using the NJoy Growth Oil Last week. It is the first sulfur based oil that I have not experience dryness from. I'm very happy with it from that standpoint. It's too soon to determine if there is growth from using it (I'm also doing Inversion (day 5)). The new order I placed arrived yesterday, I will let ya'll know on the new scent later tonight).

Sent from my iPad using LHCF

LaNecia

Tonight I did a scalp massage with NJoy's Oil warmed followed by 15 mins under my heat therapy wrap. That thing is like a warm hug for my head, made me wanna sleep.

Sent from my iPhone 5 using LHCF

MayaNatural

Applied TPS peppermint pomade this morning. I pray it doesn't dry my hair out.. It's hard moving around between parts and not getting anything on your hair.

Update: I love TPS peppermint pomade!! My hair is still soft and moisturized. I'm sold :)

Sent from my iPhone using LHCF

Last edited:

NaturalfienD

Checking In ...

I applied my sulfur mix twice this week, (yay for progress) and I will reapply one more time before cowashing. I plan on buying a big hunk of shea butter to make the next batch, right now, I am running very low.

I am going to keep my hair in the PS it is in until the MLK holiday. I will not have progress pics to share for this year (so sorry) but I will be sure to post the before and after pics in the new thread. I hope you all are doing well ...

NaturalfienD

Froreal3 ...

How are your results with the sulfur/MN mix? Do you notice more growth? I used MN before, with great results and stopped to prevent stagnant growth (read about that happening if one used MN too long.)

I flirted with the idea of mixing both but I never did. I am willing to be a copy cat if you noticed great results. Thanks in advance for sharing ...

heirloom

Haven't checked in in so long because I left my mix at home when I went to university. I'm now back for christmas and I really need to be more consistent. I applied last night and am about to apply again

tapioca_pudding

Oiling with Njoys oil before bed.

Thinking about bringing an extra bottle of the oil to the gym so I can add it to my hair right before my workout. Seems Iike I get more growth when I use it right before my workout instead of just overnight, etc. Yes, I think I just may do that. Just gotta be sure I dont use too much and have oil dripping everywhere while Im on the treadmill lol.

Sent from my iPad using LHCF

D.Lisha

Ladies I have 2 questions:
1.) Has anyone purchase the "Humco" brand of Sublimed sulfur from Amazon.com?
-if so-
2.) Does this sulfur expire? I searched my bottle HIGH & LOW for an expiration date, but couldn't find one. I would assume this means it doesn't expire...but I'm looking to make my own Sulfur Mix batch until I purchase some more of Njoy's, and I would love to have a second opnion before I start applying this stuff to my scalp!

JessieLeleB

Will there be a 2014 chall? I just ordered sum sulfur at the pharmacy for my acne and want to start back to adding it to my hair reggie.

Froreal3

haulin hard in the paint
Froreal3 ...

How are your results with the sulfur/MN mix? Do you notice more growth? I used MN before, with great results and stopped to prevent stagnant growth (read about that happening if one used MN too long.)

I flirted with the idea of mixing both but I never did. I am willing to be a copy cat if you noticed great results. Thanks in advance for sharing ...

NaturalfienD I haven't measured since September. I had been using NJoy's oil, but starting using MN mixed with the sulfur pomade at the end of October. I'm not sure how it's grown yet. I'll assess any growth at the end of the month when I do my lc.

PureSilver

wow its bee ages since i checked in here. I have been using my LG oil since i bout it in may and Sulphur 8 oil to which i've added more oils. Been rotating these two all year.

NaturalfienD

Ladies I have 2 questions:
1.) Has anyone purchase the "Humco" brand of Sublimed sulfur from Amazon.com?
-if so-
2.) Does this sulfur expire? I searched my bottle HIGH & LOW for an expiration date, but couldn't find one. I would assume this means it doesn't expire...but I'm looking to make my own Sulfur Mix batch until I purchase some more of Njoy's, and I would love to have a second opnion before I start applying this stuff to my scalp!

Hi @ D.Lisha,

Yes, I purchased the powder from Amazon and it is the Humco brand. I checked my bottle (purchased in August '13) and it expires in April of 2018. I hope this is helpful!!

HHG!!

LaNecia

I didn't forget ya'll! I finally was able to get my package today although delivery was on Monday (long story). Anyway, on the scent, it is a very light citrus scent, not over powering at all. I rather like it.

NaturalfienD

Checking in …

I cowashed my hair with V05, Rosemary & Peppermint EO. I'm running low on V05 and planning on buying a few bottles today, to last a while. It felt great having conditioner on my scalp and getting rid of all that build up.

Friday, I purchased 1lb of Shea butter (from BlackOnyxWorld.com) and hoping that it arrives quickly. I'm low on my sulfur mix and I need to make some more before the end of the month … I am fantasizing on getting a magical half-inch of growth within the next two weeks.

I will workout a few times this week and will apply the sulfur mix daily for the rest of the month :pray:

I hope you all are doing well …

Lilmama1011

I am applying a sulphur mix to my scalp but I can't really say a length because it's different lengths, will wait until I do a good trim to come back and I applied the mix for a week but have to stop for like two weeks because I will relax in a week and heard you have to wait a week after relaxing to apply sulphur

NaturalfienD

Checking in …

I received my Shea butter and made a new batch of sulfur mix … applied, and will cowash tomorrow night.

I hope you all are doing well …

PureSilver

been using my LG and i tell y'all that oil works. I thought because of my repetitive bunning my edges would thin but nope, my edges are intact and my hair is growing nicely.

Lilmama1011

i will apply suffer mix komaza lengthening serum on Saturday or i might even do it the following Saturday, i might wash every two weeks idk, no i won't with me washing every week help my back grow quickly so forget it

NaturalfienD

Checking in …

Applying my sulfur mix tonight and Tuesday. Although I will not take my braids down til mid January, I will definitely come back to post my before & after pics for others/per challenge rules.

See y'all in the 2014 challenge … HAPPY NEW YEARS!!!

Better late than never ... (02.20.14)

Here are my intro (08/2013) and exiting pics (01/2014) ... great work!

August 2013.JPG

back 2014.jpg

Last edited: