Summer 10 Wet Bun Challenge

Qurlyqt

Thanks fellow challengers for your replies. Glad to hear that ya'll are still hangin'. Surprisingly, my hair is still in box braids but I'm scheduled to take them down on Day 10. :blush: Although I've enjoyed the ease of being able to easily moisturize/spritz twice a day and know that I'm accessing all/most of my ends, I'm ready to wear a whole-head wet bun! :yep:

Qurlyqt, i LOVE LOVE LOVE those ornaments you have in your hair!!!:yep:

where did you find them?

Thanks so much! If you're talking about the one in my siggy, it's a single elastic that has roses all the way around. I bought it about 10 years ago and I wish I could remember where. :perplexed

MissMusic

I'm still going strong. I am still using diluted Taliah Waajid Protective Mist Bodifier to wet bun and it is working well.

KurlyNinja

I picked up some Lock & Twist Gel yesterday. I was going to use it to twist/twist out this weekend, but then I figured HEY maybe I could use it to smooth my hair down. Has anybody used this before? The ingredients look really good.

divachyk

Instagram: adaybyjay
Still wet bunning. My buns don't dry throughout the day so when I get home, I take it down and let it air dry....but the ends look dry, poofy, fuzzy. The rest of my hair dries soft & smooth. How do you keep your ends smooth?

prettykinks

I'm still in box braids and sill wet bunning. Lately I have been using Aussie moist for my cowashes and using CFCG and S curl with JBCO for moisture. So far so good.

rockstar

After wet bunning for almost 2 weeks straight, I decided to wear a wash and go yesterday. It was just TOOOO hot, so I had to pull my hair up into a ponytail. I used the pineapple method of pulling my hair up to sleep and got second day hair!!!!! Oh and it looks like I finally got my Miss Jessie's Curly Meringue to work! I am in love. My mom said my hair looks so much bigger. Let's hope that means length retention!!! :grin:

Here's a pic of my second day hair!

Qurlyqt

Work it Rockstar! :grin: That is SO cute!

After wet bunning for almost 2 weeks straight, I decided to wear a wash and go yesterday. It was just TOOOO hot, so I had to pull my hair up into a ponytail. I used the pineapple method of pulling my hair up to sleep and got second day hair!!!!! Oh and it looks like I finally got my Miss Jessie's Curly Meringue to work! I am in love. My mom said my hair looks so much bigger. Let's hope that means length retention!!! :grin:

Here's a pic of my second day hair!

divachyk

Tonight I got a late start and poo'd much later than normal. I've never washed, bunned, and wet to bed with wet/damp hair. Any suggestions for late night/overnight bunning?

grow

Tonight I got a late start and poo'd much later than normal. I've never washed, bunned, and wet to bed with wet/damp hair. Any suggestions for late night/overnight bunning?

maybe you can just put a plastic cap over it and call it "bagging for the night".....good way to keep the moisture in, too.

today i'm doing my double bun to get my shorter lengths in their own baggy bun and the longer lengths in theirs.

strangely enough, my hair seems to dry out faster these days, so i'm gonna make sure it's super wet before i bag.....might try to add some s-curl...will surely use some joico k-pak...getting bit to stretchy up in there....

divachyk

maybe you can just put a plastic cap over it and call it "bagging for the night".....good way to keep the moisture in, too.

today i'm doing my double bun to get my shorter lengths in their own baggy bun and the longer lengths in theirs.

strangely enough, my hair seems to dry out faster these days, so i'm gonna make sure it's super wet before i bag.....might try to add some s-curl...will surely use some joico k-pak...getting bit to stretchy up in there....
thx sis, i applied my prods, put a few magnetic rollers in head, baggy'd and placed scarf on. by morning....i was still damp. oh well mighta been the baggy.

Danniquin

Iv'e been slacking off and wearing ponytails ever since my birthday (July 12) but I'm about to get back on track!

grow

thx sis, i applied my prods, put a few magnetic rollers in head, baggy'd and placed scarf on. by morning....i was still damp. oh well mighta been the baggy.

you mean you slept in the hard magnetic rollers? my compliments, i just cannot bring myself to do that!:nono::lachen:

btw, if your hair was damp in the morning, that's not a bad thing, IMHO, because even when we rollerset, it's done on not only damp, but wet hair.

i went through a period where if i didn't have my hair wet before getting the styling done (before i started doing baggy buns exclusively), it just didn't have bounce, shine or pizazz, so i found that if it get "freshened" by the wetness, actually gave it a nicer set.:rolleyes::yep:

tell us how it went when you let it air dry the next day.....i bet it looked really nice!:yep:

divachyk

you mean you slept in the hard magnetic rollers? my compliments, i just cannot bring myself to do that!:nono::lachen:

tell us how it went when you let it air dry the next day.....i bet it looked really nice!:yep:
yes, slept in that hard magnetic roller. it wasn't all that bad but wasn't super comfy either. it was tolerable. i was aiming for silky ends but failed! the next day the length of my hair dried nice and soft (as usual) and my ends dried fuzzy wuzzy (as usual) :wallbash:. fast forward -- it seems when i wet bun, my ends are dry and fuzzy. however, my ends dry silky straight when i apply setting lotion, pull hair into pony, put one magnetic roller on the length of the pony and get under the hooded dryer BUT i don't want to rely on that method as this totally defeats the point of wet bunning, etc. i will not let wet bunning beat me down and get the best of me! :rolleyes:

Qurlyqt

Hey Wet Bunners,

Let's post some pics because some of us need some wet bun ideas anyway. I've seen posts of some of you in phony ponies, box braids, some may have high buns, low buns, let's see some various buns ladies! :grin: I'll go first, here's the last pic that I took a few days ago...

Attachments

• 0722 - Wet Bun, No comb or brush.jpg
    0722 - Wet Bun, No comb or brush.jpg
    98.7 KB · Views: 37

rockstar

Hey Wet Bunners,

Let's post some pics because some of us need some wet bun ideas anyway. I've seen posts of some of you in phony ponies, box braids, some may have high buns, low buns, let's see some various buns ladies! :grin: I'll go first, here's the last pic that I took a few days ago...

THAT BUN!!! :lick:

rockstar

Also, does anyone else seem to experience more SSKs with wet bunning? If so, how do you combat them? I don't like them.

divachyk

Still wet bunning. Currently I'm using -- WN, Elasta QP Mango Butter or HE LTR split end protector and seal with oil.

Can anyone tell me what prods you use that continously keep relaxed hair moisturized throughout the day? I know moisture evaporates but I think mine is evaporating a little too much b/c my hair is dry by the end of the day...dry but soft, if that makes any sense.

Qurlyqt

C'mon ladies, where are the pics? :look: Relaxed buns, natural buns, texlaxed buns, braided buns, phony buns. I wanna' see some buns...

divachyk

i'm gritting my teeth as i'm getting a little tired of buns....but i will not stop as this is best for my hair & skin! how do you ladies keep your hair nice and moisturized. it seems my hair dries out pretty dry like after all the moisture evaporates from my hair.

lilsparkle825

Man, this was the easiest challenge thread EVER to read through. :look:

I dropped by because I put myself on a personal wet bun challenge....I started last week and will continue through the first of September. Heck, I may just finish out with you guys.

Where are all the pics?! You people are posting, but leaving out the photos! (By the way, I really like the ones Qurlyqt and Rockstar are posting!) You phony bun/pony ladies especially need to get on this....I'm totally about to buy a pack of hair and make my own bun. Hope I can find a color match...ooh, also, can anyone using the Good Hair Day pins post pics? I want to switch to them from these ouchless ponytail holders, but I can't figure out how NOT to make my bun look scrawny when I use them.

Anyway, right now this is what I do:

*cowash with HE HH (I will switch to TJ Nourish Spa when the HE is gone)
*wrap hair in a wifebeater to soak up excess water for about 10 minutes
*apply Kimmaytube's leave-in to hair, focusing on ends
*wrap hair through ouchless ponytail holder, then wrap it again incompletely to form bun
*go about my day

At night, sometimes I take it down and sometimes I don't. I always cover it with a satin scarf or bonnet at night. I had the same problem with frizzy ends till I started using this leave-in....if you're not too keen on it, try incorporating aloe vera juice or gel into your regimen to close your cuticles, or do something else, such as a cold water rinse or ACV rinse, to close them. Between the leave-in and the wet buns, my hair is staying super moisturized.

For the phony bun, all I'm going to do is buy a cheap pack of kanekalon, cut it in half (I don't want a super huge telltale fake bun), braid one half into a large braid, and twist the other half into a large twist. I'll alternate them, one day wearing a braided bun and the others wearing a twist bun, and secure it with bobby pins. I got the idea from a thread a member made a while back (sorry, thought I subscribed to it) and tried it on my mom....she loves it, not to mention it's way cheaper than buying a premade bun. These will help my ends stay REALLY moisturized, since I can baggy under them!

rockstar

Where are all the pics?! You people are posting, but leaving out the photos! (By the way, I really like the ones Qurlyqt and Rockstar are posting!) You phony bun/pony ladies especially need to get on this....I'm totally about to buy a pack of hair and make my own bun. Hope I can find a color match...ooh, also, can anyone using the Good Hair Day pins post pics? I want to switch to them from these ouchless ponytail holders, but I can't figure out how NOT to make my bun look scrawny when I use them.

YESS! Somebody please post pics with those pins. I was looking at them the other day, but didn't know if they would hold my hair in place well.

Anyway, right now this is what I do:

*cowash with HE HH (I will switch to TJ Nourish Spa when the HE is gone)
*wrap hair in a wifebeater to soak up excess water for about 10 minutes
*apply Kimmaytube's leave-in to hair, focusing on ends
*wrap hair through ouchless ponytail holder, then wrap it again incompletely to form bun
*go about my day

What does the wifebeater do?

janda

I've been co-washing and wet bunning everyday. It been great with this hot weather. My avatar is a picture of my wet bun under a phony pony. I'm mixing aloe vera juice, coconut oil and Wen SAM as a leave in and I wrap weave hair around my pony and twist it into a bun. Very simple.

Qurlyqt

ooh, also, can anyone using the Good Hair Day pins post pics? I want to switch to them from these ouchless ponytail holders, but I can't figure out how NOT to make my bun look scrawny when I use them.!

Here's a pic of the actual pins (although i have the clear ones). Also, here's a pic of one of my buns this week where one of the pins was showing.

For the phony bun, all I'm going to do is buy a cheap pack of kanekalon, cut it in half (I don't want a super huge telltale fake bun), braid one half into a large braid, and twist the other half into a large twist. I'll alternate them, one day wearing a braided bun and the others wearing a twist bun, and secure it with bobby pins. I got the idea from a thread a member made a while back (sorry, thought I subscribed to it) and tried it on my mom....she loves it, not to mention it's way cheaper than buying a premade bun. These will help my ends stay REALLY moisturized, since I can baggy under them!

This sounds CUTE! :yep: Be sure to post a pic. :yep:

Attachments

• Good Hair Days Pins.jpg
    Good Hair Days Pins.jpg
    11 KB · Views: 19
  • 0727 - 3rd Day, no comb or brush.jpg
    0727 - 3rd Day, no comb or brush.jpg
    100.7 KB · Views: 33

rockstar

Qurlyqt, your buns are always so :lick:. Did you just twist and wrap your hair around into a bun, or is it 2 separate sections?