Summer 2010 Growth Challenge

LovelyNaps26

Hi Ladies!
I want to take advantage of the warmer weather in the summer (mammals tend to grow more hair in the heat) and challenge myself to retain at least 2 inches this summer.

CHALLENGE CLOSED ON MAY 30, 2010

** I'm no longer adding members to the challenge list. But if you still want in feel free to thank this post and post a starting pic and a pic at the end of August/start of September.

Happy Hair Growing!!!!

Time Frame
June 1, 2010 -- September 1, 2010
(yes, I know summer isn't technically over 'til late September but the weather gets cooler before then).

Rules
1. Post a starting picture by the last week of May. If you're getting a sew in or braids please post a pic before then.
2. State number of inches and body measurement mark of your longest layer of hair. So if the hair along your nape is 10" and reaches APL state so.
3. Mention your Regimen. This includes wash routines, staple products, vitamins and how you plan to wear your hair during the summer. I'm not placing restrictions. If you want to flat iron your hair everyday and change the color every week that's on you. However, don't feel bad if others are two inches longer and you're two inches shorter. :lachen:
4. Also, mention if you're relaxed or natural. I don't think hair type is important but you can mention it if you want to.
5. Lastly, if you come to any hair epiphanies over the summer, please do share.

My starting picture is in my siggy. I am APL.
Reggie: I will wear protective hairstyles, such as half wigs and twists during the summer. I will moisturize with Care Free Curl Gold on most days and occasionally with Bioinfusion hair lotion.
-When washing I will pre-poo with Lustrasilk Aloe Vera or Protein treatment mixed with Amla oil.
-I will use either CON shampoo or diluted Castille soap.
- I will comb my hair once a week, when it is being washed and coated in conditioner.
-I might henna in July
-I am natural with 4a/4b hair

Summer 2010 Growth Challenge Members

1. Qualitee
2. NappyDesma

3. ProjectWLhair
4. MyAngelEyezCU
5. yaya24
6. ConsiderCamille
7.Injanei
8. SmilingElephant
9. donewit-it
10. kittymeowmeow
11. sipploo
12. LaFemmeNaturelle
13. Chrisanddonniesmommy
14. IntheMix08

15. NJoy
15.Makeupgirl
16. Black Hoya Chick
17. AvaSpeaks
18. wavesofmotion
19. Kandigyrl
20. Beautiful Disaster

21. Evallusion
22. Forever In Bloom
23. grow
24. jordanS
25. honeybearmommy32
26. cutenss
27. Ms. Christ3n
28. love.akihsoy
29. danigurl18
30. Whimsy
31. Exubah
32. msnetta
33. soon2bsl
34. drappedup
35. Missi
36. MrsLadyK
37. armywife

38. Divastyle2010
39. Barbie83

40. xyra
41. Loveygram
42. Ruby True
43. Ebony C Princess
44. barbie87
45. latasha ware71
46. princessdi

47. Ishtar
48. sohoapt
49. augiemoment
50. Tiger in Transit
51. KSand
52. antavia009
53. detroitdiva
54. He Blesses My Tresses
55. Love Above the Color
56. Kay. Dee
57. Shana
58. JunesChapeau
59. 20Something
60. Platinum
61. Vonnieluvs08
62. Birhan
63. Aggie
64. makeupgirl

67. curly lee
68. coolsista-paris
69. Kareen-Faith

70. chasturner84
71. solitude
72. davisbr88
73. epiphany braids
74. naturalglory041490

75. southernbeauty
76. liteskinshowdy
77. gvin89
78. lwilliams1922
79. diva_esq

80. bkprincess617
81. MrsHouston

82. BronxJazzy
83. mochafusion
84. ms.tatiana
85. dede1129
86. karameldiva1978

87. LuvLiLocks
89. curlyreese
90. indarican

91. taj
92. hola_lo2002
93. levette
94. virgovixxen
95. beautydefined
92. Letta

Last edited:

LovelyNaps26

I'll post my starting pic in May.
Regimen: I will be dusting my ends in May so I will lose a little length.
In the summer I will wash my hair every week. I will pre-poo with a deep conditioner like ORS replenshing pack, oil (avocado oil or amla oil) and mane and Tail. I used CON shampoo. I will use Afroveda shea amla or totally twisted, Jerri Juice (Care Free Curl) or Bio infusion hair lotion as a daily leave in. Also, I will continue my low manipulation routine. I only comb my hair on wash day and/or the day after I wash and wear it in protective hair styles throughout the week.

I am natural and would be classified as 4a/4b.

Last edited:

yaya24

♥Naija°Texan • Realtor • SPX Options #RichAunty●♡•
I'm in! I will add pics/ regimen before challenge begins (I won't see my hair again before May 26th)

ConsiderCamille

I want in! I'm taking out my braids the first week in May and I'll be juicing and hopefully GROWING! I'll take a starting pic and post my reggie when my braids come out

Ijanei

IM IN!! :grin: Will post starting pic the last week of May so I can actually see if it does grow during the summer.

SmilingElephant

Im in!! I think this will be a great thing to focus on while i'm transitioning!!!:D My starting pic is in my Fotki(see siggy!)

donewit-it

I want in also...:grin:

I am determined to make WL my the end of December 2010.

I will post my starting point picture also on May 30th.

Thank you

Attachments

• june1.jpg
    june1.jpg
    2.5 KB · Views: 14
Last edited:

KittyMeowMeow

I'm in! I will post a starting pic & regimine (still working it out) in May.

I'm transitioning, and just past BSB, grazing BSL. I will dust on the summer equinox - not sure if I believe in it, but knowing about this made me superstitious :lachen:

LaFemmeNaturelle

I'm BSL. I expect to be MBL by the end of the challenge but I'll most likely cut back to BSL. I'm interested in the growth of my new growth, not necessarily how much I retain. I currently have about 2 inches unstretched ng, 3 inches stretched.

My regimen is wash once a week with CON Green label for the first 3 weeks of the month, wash with Organix Coconut Milk the last week followed by a medium-hard protein treatment. I protective style during the week and wear braidouts on the weekend. I only detangle once a week on wash day and I only air dry. That's it!

Attachments

• May16.jpg
    May16.jpg
    46.8 KB · Views: 176
Last edited:

WaistLengthDreams

I want in!!! :grin:

ETA:

Rules
Starting Picture: (Relaxed, Type 4)

My Regimen:
0 to 10 weeks post
CLARIFYING/CHELATING POO: Vo5 Tea Therapy Clarifying Poo & Mizani Phormula 7 (alternate)
SHAMPOO: Nexxus Therrape (weekly)
DC: Nexxus Humectress (weekly for 30 min to an hour with heat) + Roux PC + Honey
LEAVE-IN: GVP PM The Conditioner + Chi Silk Infusion

STYLING: I rollerset with every wash. And wrap (or pincurl) it the first night to remove the volume.

MOISTURIZER: NTM Silk Touch Leave-in or Elasta QP Mango Butter
SEALANT: Vatika Oil, Aphogee Essential Oils or Doo Gro Oil.

10 to 16 weeks Post
*Cowash 1 to 2 times a week with Nexxus Humectress or Suave Humectant
*Wash 7 to 10 days.
*Airdry only (braid outs, twist outs or buns).

Last edited:

makeupgirl

I want to join. I love this challenge.

Rules
1. Post a starting picture by the last week of May. If you're getting a sew in or braids please post a pic before then.

I will post the last week.

2. State number of inches and body measurement mark of your longest layer of hair. So if the hair along your nape is 10" and reaches APL state so.

Now my hair is 4 inches of hair and reaches ear length in the front and sides. 3 inches in the back/nape and reaches neck length.
3. Mention your Regimen. This includes wash routines, staple products, vitamins and how you plan to wear your hair during the summer. I'm not placing restrictions. If you want to flat iron your hair everyday and change the color every week that's on you. However, don't feel bad if others are two inches longer and you're two inches shorter. :lachen:

My reggie is co-washing daily (right now it's every other day or the day I workout), I'm alternating between suave tropical coconut and Herbal Essence HH. ORS Hair Mayo for DC - once a week. Daily Moisturizing with ORS moisturizer and EVOO. Clarifying monthly w/ Giovanni Poo. Sleep nightly with satin bonnet. I'm alternating between wigs and wash and go's this summer due to the heat. Maybe on days I go to work I'll just wear the wig but church and errands wash and gos to give my hair some breathing room. I'm taking vitamin D, B-12, biotin 5000mcg, multivitamin, and cinamon (sp?) daily. I might flat iron it to see the unstretched results come August. I'll be at 10 mos. natural and a year and 2 months since last relaxer.

4. Also, mention if you're relaxed or natural. I don't think hair type is important but you can mention it if you want to.

I"m natural.

5. Lastly, if you come to any hair epiphanies over the summer, please do share.

I'll let u know.

NaturalPath

Oh heck yes I want in.

I will post a starting picture in may 30 just so I can have an opportunity to gain an extra .5 inch for my starting picture.

Starting picture

Length
Almost BSB

Regimen:

1. pre-poo with oil and wash 2x a week (Monday and Friday) with a giovanni shampoo and and any of the following conditioners (NTM daily deep cond, giovanni smooth as silk, or say yes to carrots)and style with flexi-rods or twist n curl method overnight with Kinky curly leave-in and olive oil setting foam
2. deep condition on Wednesdays with pantene conditioner bc it provides lots of slip underneath a dryer, then style with a wet bun, roller set and saran wrap method or a crochet cap
3. drink plenty of water...attempt 2 liters
4. take chlorella whenever I have some available
5. protect ends with shea butter

Type
NATURAL 3b/3c maybe some 4a I dont really know

Last edited: