Summer 2010 Growth Challenge

Evallusion

LiloLombardi
I'm 6 months post chop today. My hair is growing oh so slowly...but I'm still proud of my progress. I've been doing my "wash and puffs" and will continue to do so until I get some twists or braids...I need a protective style asap! I've stopped buying things and I'm using what I have on hand until Qhemet has her black friday sale in November. :spinning: I'm starting to find some splits in my hair...not happy about this...Other than that, everything is cool.

This challenge will be over soon. Can't wait to see everyone's final results!

gvin89

Still hanging in there....got the middle braids redone and will keep them in until the end of September. I'm pleased with my growth thus far.

augiemoment

I am honestly not bothering with growth any longer I plan to take off four inches by the end of this year. I had way too much shedding and breakage from the weather here. I will be going back to my country where it's summer all year round and try to grow back my hair to a healthey state.
I am really not happy right now cos i lost way too much hair and my hair is so light and empty from damage caused from breakage.

Last edited:

MrsHouston

i haven't done an official length check but I don't feel like my hair is any longer. :nono:

the final verdict will be in three weeks from now. until then i'm moisturizing and sealing everyday. i'm using the kimmay leave in which has kept my fro so soft and moisturized.

That's how I felt all summer then finally did a check and to my surprise 3 inches. I'm hoping this continues.

Aggie

I haven't done a length check since May 2nd, 2010 and not about to do one anytime soon since I am in a hide your hair challenge until the end of this year. I don't think my hair is growing all that much anyway so I'll wait before I get the next length check.

IDK, maybe it's because I'm natural now and have so much shrinkage that it may only appear as though it's not growing much. I'll see!

grow

hi ladies!

as summer begins to come to an end and a new season approaches us, how has this summer's growth spurt gone for everyone?

i'll be perming soon, so then i'll verify some details with my tape measure......but i do believe i've had a growth spurt....i just hope it continues through the cooler months, too!

davisbr88

I think I may have gotten a spurt when I went to Texas because I was expecting to be at 5" when I BC'ed and when I bootleg measured yesterday, I had 6 (except for the hair in the very front at my hairline, which grows slooooooooow)

Last edited:

LovelyNaps26

:dance7:

THE CHALLENGE IS OFFICIALLY OVER!!!! HOW DID EVERYONE DO?

I don't think I really retained much :ohwell: but I kept my hair in protective styles. At least I didn't have breakage.

My before and after pics are below.

May 2010 (hair was blow dired

Uploaded with ImageShack.us

August 30th 2010 (too lazy to blow dry)
[URL=http://img707.imageshack.us/i/1001720.jpg/][IMG]http://img707.imageshack.us/img707/3489/1001720.jpg[/URL][/IMG]

Last edited:

davisbr88

Don't have any pics because my hair is in mini-twists right now, plus the comparison wouldn't be helpful since I was transitioning in my before pic and am now natural. I will say, however, that I had only expected to have 5" when I chopped, but I ended up having 6", which means I gained an extra inch at some point during the summer. I think it was when I went to Houston with all the humidity. The hair on the rest of my body was growing like crazy so I am assuming my hair was too. Looking forward to more pics!

LuvLiLocks

Oh wow, today is D day! I'll be back with pictures this weekend I guess, or maybe tomorrow. Although, Im not sure if my growth was anything to talk about, but I do believe I got some fullness.

Aggie

I don't have any pics either because I am wearing extension braids for another 2.5 weeks. But congrats to all those who stuck with the challenge. I can't show my hair right now anyway because I am in a personal hide your hair challenge until the end of this year and I may take it into next year as well, but I'm not sure yet. HHG!

davisbr88

Thread hijack: ^^ If you're interested in taking your HYH into next year, you can be buddies with JJamiah and me! I'm going until next August at least, but I may go until December.

Krystle~Hime

Okay, i was not in this challenge but(I wasn't even on LHCF) so kick me out of this thread if you want LOL, but i would like to share my personal summer growth challenge's results.

30th June

30th august

and i've also reach "healthy hair" my hair is no more breaking at least,excessively like it used to. but there are serious minimal breakage. Now let's fight winter !! ^

WaistLengthDreams

:dance7:

THE CHALLENGE IS OFFICIALLY OVER!!!! HOW DID EVERYONE DO?

I don't think I really retained much :ohwell: but I kept my hair in protective styles. At least I didn't have breakage.

My before and after pics are below.

LovelyNaps26, you definitely retained length this summer! Congrats on the progress!

I'll be back this weekend with my before/after pictures!

Loveygram

Blessings everyone

Here are my before and after.

April 2010

September 2010

This challenge was good for me to actually stick to my reggie and do protective styling almost all summer.

Thanks LovelyNaps26 for the opportunity and looks like you diid well on retention too :yep: Congrats!

grow

Blessings everyone

Here are my before and after.

April 2010

September 2010

This challenge was good for me to actually stick to my reggie and do protective styling almost all summer.

Thanks LovelyNaps26 for the opportunity and looks like you diid well on retention too :yep: Congrats!

that is some amazing success!

congratulations!

Evallusion

LiloLombardi
I'm late checking in...but here goes...

I didn't get as much growth as I had anticipated but I did get some growth nonetheless. I'm wondering if I'm having retention issues. Anyhow, I'm in 2 strand twists under a wig and I plan on keeping my hair hidden until my daughter's 2nd birthday in March. Oh and I'm at about 3 -3 1/2 inches all around and words cannot convey how THICK my hair is.

Last edited:

Loveygram

I'm late checking in...but here goes...

I didn't get as much growth as I had anticipated but I did get some growth nonetheless. I'm wondering if I'm having retention issues. Anyhow, I'm in 2 strand twists under a wig and I plan on keeping my hair hidden until my daughter's 2nd birthday in March. Oh and I'm at about 3 inches all around and words cannot convey how THICK my hair is.

Great job! Your hair is gorgeous! Don't forget to have fun with it :yep: !

LaFemmeNaturelle

Here's my update. This pic was taken in May

Here's my pic just taken 10 minutes ago

I retained length but no growth spurt :-( But obviously my back got fatter. Really need to work on that ugh!

ETA: Yeah I know its not the best length photo because my head is turned a bit so I could look at the camera and my arm is kind of slanted so my hair isn't straight down. Oh well!

Attachments

• 9-8-10.jpg
    9-8-10.jpg
    29.7 KB · Views: 66
Last edited:

ConstantlyDynamic

ok so i was in this challenge but as you can see in my signature, i suck at this type of stuff lol since i've joined i've gotten a haircut and several trims (and they were trims! little little cuts, nothing major. they probably didn't make a difference)

this was my starting pic-it wasn't a length shot but i wear puffs everyday anyway
*click on pics*

and this is now (just took the last 2 one this morning)

Attachments

• DSC03279.jpg
    DSC03279.jpg
    34.6 KB · Views: 8
  • DSC04570.jpg
    DSC04570.jpg
    20.2 KB · Views: 10
  • DSC04873.jpg
    DSC04873.jpg
    21.4 KB · Views: 8
  • DSC04888.jpg
    DSC04888.jpg