Summer Braid Styles? Please post pics/links!!!

KiniKakes

Hey gals!

It's about that time, and im ready to give my hair some much needed rest for the summer. For me that means BRAIDS! :grin: Ill probably get a cornrow style with extensions.... not looking to do anything too fancy since 1)im too cheap to pay for anything fancy 2) I dont have the patience to sit for hours on end and 3) I get bored too quickly and end up taking them out, which wastes money.

Anyway, who else is rocking braids for the spring/summer? Can you post some of your braid pics for inspiration? Can be past, present, future styles.... pics of yourself, or hair models you've found. I just wanna get some fresh ideas. In particular, im looking for corn row styles, rather than individuals.

Thaaaanks!!!!!!!!! :drunk:

KiniKakes

Good thread. I need some ideas too!

Come to think of it, I remember Bublnbrnsuga just posted pics of her braids using her own hair, and that was super cute! :yep: But as i mentioned, i dont want individuals, and i definitely want extensions for the non-shrinkage factor.

Rapunzel*

i have magic hands these are some heads i did:grin:
sorry for the big pics:spinning:

my co workers freetress presto curl(strawberry blond) gmbs.com 7.99

me(thats my son)freetress presto curl 1b gmbs.com 7.99

me again black and gold 2 for $5

my sister( rastafari (sp?)

dlewis

I wish I could wear braids. My family talked about me so bad when I did them a couple of months ago.

septemberbaby

I still love braids. I've contemplated wearing them since beginning my hair journey but I just don't feel like sitting through it.

I'm glad you started this thread because I never thought about cornrows! I love this style from your album:

Now that I can rock all summer. The question is: how do I care for my hair underneath the braids? :perplexed

PinkPeony

I really wish I could wear braids but it's just a waste of money for me b/c my hair immediatly starts frizzing out:sad:
I'll be rockin' braidouts though:yep:

KiniKakes

I wish I could wear braids. My family talked about me so bad when I did them a couple of months ago.

:lol: Aww, im sure they looked nice! :yep: U know how folks can be! When u have "long hair" they just dont get why you would wanna go putting braids in it. *smh* LOL

KiniKakes

I still love braids. I've contemplated wearing them since beginning my hair journey but I just don't feel like sitting through it.

I'm glad you started this thread because I never thought about cornrows! I love this style from your album:

Now that I can rock all summer. The question is: how do I care for my hair underneath the braids? :perplexed

Aww dang, i cant see which pic you posted because my job blocks most images. I'll check it when i get home! But thanks though!!! :yep:

simplycee

Sweetest Taboo
I think I will braid my hair up this summer too. I will do cornrows with extensions as well. I also will be braiding my dd's hair for the summer since she will be spending the entire summer with her grandparents.

Mook's hair

I will be keeping cornrows for the whole summer. My current style is in my sig. But there are tons more in my fotki. I love cornrows.

septemberbaby

Aww dang, i cant see which pic you posted because my job blocks most images. I'll check it when i get home! But thanks though!!! :yep:

I'll describe the pic:

It looks like you're on a plane. You have wet & wavy cornrows in the front and I think you said individuals in the back. You're wearing a light blue wrap shirt. Very pretty! :yep:

KiniKakes

I'll describe the pic:

It looks like you're on a plane. You have wet & wavy cornrows in the front and I think you said individuals in the back. You're wearing a light blue wrap shirt. Very pretty! :yep:

Yes!!! I know that pic!!! Yeah, i LOVED when i had that style. But unfortunately, it took a reaalllly long time! Cuz there were lots of individuals in the back. Shoot, truth be told, even the front took forever. When she got to the last little section of hair, i wanted to darn near strangle her, cuz it seemed like she KEPT parting and parting that little piece of hair and making cornrows! :lol: It was never-ending.

KiniKakes

I will be keeping cornrows for the whole summer. My current style is in my sig. But there are tons more in my fotki. I love cornrows.

Yup! :yep: See, i am looking for something like that. Simple and cute. Nothing fancy. A couple hours sitting at most, and hopefully no more than $60.

hothair

Oohhh I'm going away so I'm getting my hair done tomorrow :yay: I've tried to google the image of the style cornrow in front singles at the back (Sade) but this is the only image I can get:ohwell: - Essence Beauty Editor Susan L. Taylor- but mine'll look really good with my front edges intact!:look: I'm using Spanish Curl (18") human hair colours 30, 27 and 4 may put up pics when its done...I'm really going to miss my daily co-washing though.