Summer Growth Spurt Challenge!!!

faithVA

I forgot to take a picture before twisting my hair up yesterday. I need an extension on the starting pic until next weekend. With my length and my shrinkage pics are complicated :ohwell: But I will get it done.

tasha7239

I would like in if it's not too late. My internet at work is down, so I will be back later with my starting pic and info.

ETA: Here is my starting pics ( wet and dry hair - curls fell). I hope to be to the top of my brastrap by the end of the challenge. I have normal growth rate so that means I'll need about three inches :). I will continue to bun and up my water and start my Nioxin.

Sent from my iPhone 4 using LHCF

jprayze

I would like to join this challenge. Im new to LHCF and here to learn! Here is my starting pic, ends are slightly curled so I guess this is considered SL. I haven't actually measured the length yet. And I don't know what my average growth is. I will answer any questions I missed when I get to my laptop.

bunnie82

hi!!! include me please!!!

How much growth do you think you will get this summer?

hmmm...i dunno....i'll be satisfied with 1/2 in.

Is there anything different about your regimen during the summer that may also contribute to your growth/retention?

I will be using a megatek aloevera mix (just for kicks bc the ish don't work for me...:nono:)
I will also be doing scalp massages....

What is your current length? How many inches?

i am whatever is before apl....not sure what that is though lol :ohwell:

Do you know your current monthly growth rate?

slow...:look:

Attachments

• 007.jpg
    007.jpg
    424.6 KB · Views: 14
Last edited:

bigbrowneyez

Add me!!! Starting pic is in my siggy. just got a touchup and trim. It's about 60% air dried. Hope I get a growth spurt! Need 3.5in for WL!

I've never measured summer versus winter growth but I guess now is a great time since I just got a blunt trim last week. So I'll just say I expect more than .5in

Is there anything different about your regimen during the summer.
I will cowash more often since the weather is warmer. Other than that ill still wear protective styles. Buns, cornrows, etc.

Since this trim, I'm at the bottom on my bra strap. I don't know the inches.

Current monthly growth rate?
About average I guess.

Attachments

• june 2011 LC.JPG
    june 2011 LC.JPG
    106.8 KB · Views: 15
Last edited:

jprayze

Thanks for the welcome. Here are my answers :)

I hope I will get at least 2 inches this summer.

Is there anything different about your regimen during the summer that may also contribute to your growth/retention?

Still working on my regimen, but I don't see any major changes this summer. I am drinking more water and may add a supplement soon.

Just at SL. Need to actual measure the inches.

Do you know your current monthly growth rate?

I have no idea.

Soquin

My current length is 8 inches.
My regimen will include

Washing once a week w/ monoi shampoo and conditioner

Using:
Cantu Shea Butter leave in conditioner, healthy hair butter, and organic coconut oil on daily basis

Taking 5000mg of biotin daily, and drinking plenty of water

My current growth rate is 1/2 an inch a month and I hope to be 10 inches by the end of the summer!

Carisa

I will be watching from the side lines- (I dont have pics or plans to flat ironing during the summer)

Last edited:

LuvlyRain3

Carisa keep us updated on your summer growth

Sorry ladies. This is my birthday week (birthday is today actually) and I have been so busy. Today is also my nappiversary so I'm getting my hair done today so ill be able to put up my pic and do my one year progress!

faithVA

Finally, here is my starting pic. It's the best I can do. I have a hard time with length pics.

SpurtChallengeP1.JPG

SpurtChallengeP2.JPG

jprayze

Update: really been making an effort to drink more water. Also been PSing. One wk of buns and now getting a sewin with micros around perimeter.

Sent from my PC36100 using PC36100

faithVA

Not really measurin my hair but pulled my it a little while installin kinky twists and I swear it hasnt moved since I measured it in April :sad: Tryin to keep the twists in until the end of July. I will trim between the end of July or 1st of September.

LuvlyRain3

OMG OMG how is It that I suck at keeping up on my own challenges :perplexed: :nono: :ohwell: :lol:

Here are my starting pics which I took on my bday/nappiversary which was June 23. Sorry ladies I have just been extremely busy (ignore those ugly tan lines too oh and the 3am face lol)

Attachments

• uploadfromtaptalk1310571135164.jpg
    uploadfromtaptalk1310571135164.jpg
    185.7 KB · Views: 35
  • uploadfromtaptalk1310571261326.jpg
    uploadfromtaptalk1310571261326.jpg
    172.9 KB · Views: 32

LuvlyRain3

Oh but glad to see you ladies are doing well. I'm holding pretty steady with my water intake. Been going for runs/walks to help improve my asthma. Hope It helps with my hair too.

jprayze

Hi all, just checkin in again. My last PS - sew-in with micros around the perimeter didn't go as well as I thought. The wet n wavy weave kept getting frizzy and tangled and I wish that the micros had been braided further down. Anyway, I'm taking them it this wknd, so hopefully I can post some pics this wknd and maybe we'll see some progress...

Evallusion

LiloLombardi
I'm out of those box braids and I have been wiggin' it for a month. I plan on wiggin' it all summer actually. My natural hair is cornrowed straight back underneath. Ive been using miss jessie's baby buttercreme and I am really lovin it. It gave me the cutest twistout too. So yeah, thats it for now.

Sent from my Samsung Galaxy Prevail

LuvlyRain3

Hey ladies!! Sorry that I have been mia for a little but hows everything going??

Sent from my VM670 using VM670

faithVA

Not much going on over here. Focusing on getting my hair healthy but don't see any type of growth spurt going on. I have trimmed once so far and will hold off on my next trim until the end of September after the challenge ends.

Hope others are seeing more progress.

sapphire18

So far my hair has grown 1" in the back. I trimmed a lot so I am happy with my progress. I have photos and details on my blog.