Summer/Winter hair care.

Sarahh.

How does your regimen vary in Summer and in Winter?
Is there anything you do for your hair in one season that you don't in the other?
It's getting in to Summer here in Australia and I was just wondering if I need to change my regimen at all.

I guess in Winter I tend to keep my hair up more because I don't want it rubbing against collars/hoods/scarves etc and in Summer I find I need to wash my hair more-but I think that's about it.

Avoid hot hair tools as winter ,just let it air dry.
Choose hair products containing sunscreen.
Rinse hair in fresh water immediately before and after swimming as it contains shlorine and it might damage your hair

tiffers

Whisper "bleep boop" to yourself when you're sad.
Nope, I don't change reggie's or products when the weather changes. I'd still be doing daily co washes, but I got bored with it :ohwell: I'm onto frequent deep conditioning now :D

chebaby

in the summer i co wash and wet bun
dueing the winter i flat iron and wear my hair down most of the time. i may co was 1 week out a whole month.
during the summer i deep condition 2-3x a week
during the winter i deep condition 1x a week

gymfreak336

I usually do more conditioning in the summer because I spend more time outisde and in the sun. This winter however, I have been doing more frequent washing to keep my ends moist.

noemi

I wet bun more in the winter. I cowash year round. My products stay the same. I may attempt to wear my hair down more in the summer.

vnaps

i wont change my reggie with changing weather....i might plait my hair more in the winter.....i am at uni so can get away with plaiting my hair and wearing a hat....i will hopefully start lining my hat with satin....coz i love my fisherman hat!!!!!

newflowers

In the winter, I wash and deep condition two or three times a week. In the summer, when it's hotter, I do so at least every other day and often every day when it's very hot.

productjunkie814

This was my first winter as a natural and I definitely leave the house with my hair wet more in the summertime. I've been in twists most of the winter, and they stay in a week at a time. Still use the same moisture spritz (to spray on my twists every morning and night) as summer though. I also use butters in the winter, and not in the summer. Don't ask me why, I have no idea.