Summertime Hair!

blkbeauty

Okay, it’s getting hot, I mean, very hot and humid in the Washington, DC area. Yesterday I went for my usual afternoon jog and my hair became a sponge of sweat. YUCK!!! Thank God I am getting my hair braided today.

So my question to all ladies, relaxed, texturized, transition and natural. What are some styles that you are going to wear this summer to protect your mane from this hot humid heat!

Karonica

I'm wearing an instant weave, and surprisingly, am not hot at all. I have my hair in 5 big dookie plaits underneath.

patience

fro, twists, puffs, cornrows...I sweat in my head and so, I don't keep a style for more than 2 or 3 days...

blkbeauty

Yeah I sweat alot in my head too. I think I get this from my mother. I am keeping my hair in cornrolls and braids.

gabrielle2

two strand twists...but mainly braids (my hair only) and then a braid out one the weekend..wash..condition braid back up

Chichi

I'll be doing mostly wet buns this summer. It is a wash and go style for me. Plus I like to keep some moisture in my hair before going out into the scorching heat.

Chichi

kitten73

I second the instant weave! thanks for all your advice when i was wearing the sewn in weave. it's out now and i am working with my own hair. i bought the instant weave just to get through the week that i took out the weave and i wasn't able to get to the salon, well i lovvveeeeddd it. I plan on buying 3 more that i saw. it is the best thing in the world. there is one that comes with a bang but i haven't found it yet. i will also get some full wigs, the don't make me feel hot for some reason. i am not going to the hair salon in the hot months. it's a waste. another i may try is the straw set.

blkbeauty

"i am not going to the hair salon in the hot months. it's a waste."

Yeah, I am with you. I told my regular hairdresser last week that I well see her in September. LOL

IrisDaVirus

My hair has been thriving healthwise with full and/or partial updos, so I'll be sticking with that theme throughout the summer. I've also been stocking up on different hair clamps and other accessories (mostly from discount stores). I keep saying I'll get it braided, but the patience I once had for sitting through a braiding session is long gone. So I'll definitely do the wash, condition, updo, and go thing 100%.

blkbeauty

I am an updo girl all year long. I think I am addicted to it. I will be sporting updo's in betwen the braids this summer.

Isis

French Twist updos (like I did last summer) and I'll see how the braidouts work in the heat this year. I love the side bun I wore last summer too and may do that again.

Poohbear

Fearfully Wonderfully Made
I hate wearing my hair down in the summer because I sweat alot almost all over. I will try wearing half-up/half-down hairstyle, ponytails, pinned-up rollerset, or two kanerow extensions.

monister

a weave...might have to take it out sooner than planned then ill probably get cornrows or tree braids

monister

Erica78

Coils coils & more coils!
Bantu knot-outs and braid outs for me. I love dressing them up with silk Plumeria flowers. I'm also going to wear one of my favorites...a half updo (back) half out (left front side) style.

Isis

It was recently suggested by a couple of ladies that I wear my hair in a braided style (as shown in my album) that I usually wear for bedtime, for my braidouts the next day. I never thought about it as a style but I see now that it can actually be a protected style.

I'm going to try it, with some flowers too.
I'll be dressing up my braidouts anyway with silk or real flowers.

TrustMeLove

No straight styles.

Braid Outs, Condition wash and goes, curls (made by using perm rods all over my head I have different sizes0, and fake ponytails here I come (with scarves covering most of my hair).

-Faye

shoelover1972

Cornrows (both extensions & without), wet buns, braids. I will wear my hair out for a few days when I have been to my hairdresser - I cannot resist