Super Grow Out Challenge 2005

dontspeakdefeat

Hair Coach
Hi Ladies! :wave:

It seems like a lot of us are interested in a grow out challenge for the up and coming new year. This will be fun.

We will not concentrate on getting a certain amount of growth per month. We will challenge ourselves to retain as much length as we can through protective styling, low or no heat regimens etc.

Everyone's hair has a different growth rate. Some ladies get 1/4, 1/2, 1 inch or more per month. Do not think because you are not getting an inch per month that you are not making progress. If your hair has become healthy and even if you only gain an inch or two it's progress.

So ladies, what do you say to a Super Grow Out Challenge for 2005???

I am in!!

The challenge will begin on January 1, 2005 and end on Dec 31, 2005.

Rules:

Develop a routine and stick with it. If you already have one you are good to go.;)

You must be patient and consistent.:)

You may do whatever it takes to get your hair where you want it to be. That can be a new vitamin regemin, Surging, no trimming etc. Just stay consistent.

Take before pictures if you can. You may also measure. I like pictures best because the pictures tell you things measuring can't! :grin:

I will make a monthly post to help us keep track of our progress. This will be for motivational purposes also.

Ladies, ready! Set! Go!

Happy Hair Growing!! :bouncy:

Last edited:

Erica78

Coils coils & more coils!
Count me in too! ;) I won't be measuring until after April though (I'm on den's no measuring challenge)....but I will take a few pics. I will pretty much be using the same regimen that I've been using for the longest...(co washing every day...plastic cap @ night).

Poohbear

Fearfully Wonderfully Made
Count me in! :cool:

I'm going to stick to the regime I have now... no trimming, no heat, conditioner washes, surging, buns and braidouts. ;) During the whole year, I will try to keep exercising 3 days a week, drinking more water, and taking my multi-vitamin and NatureMade Super B-Complex.

God bless everyone on this challenge! :grin:

Last edited:

mrslee

Love yourself first!
Count me in! I want to grow at least an inch a month!! I will be using the Mane and Tail, Surging, and Biolage products from time to time. GPB for my protein treatments. I want to be at least two inches past bra strap by Aug 2005. I think I have 4 inches to go! LETS GROW in 2005! :clap:

divine

I pressed my hair out and took a picture, so my goal by may is to get 4/5inches. That will put me two inches from bra strap.
2. workout more
3. eat better.
4 keep hair in good condition.
5 find a man ( don't know how this one got here)

WhipEffectz1

Divine:
"5 find a man ( don't know how this one got here)"

Ha, that's some funny stuff!

Well girls this what I am hoping for:

1. at least six inches of growth
2. thicker healthier hair
3. Be able to keep my routine going with all the vitamins, shakes, and execise plus the proper hair maintence.

Alee

Former ScissorHappy Nappy
Count me in my goal is 6 more inches which will have me at 9-10.
Im going to :
Stick to my regime (It's kinda lenghty but its working)
Begin a vitamin program
Surge consistently
Use cap method nightly
No/lo heat
No coloring (for me this is gonna be hard)
Learn to dust not cut
Wear more braids and twists

Nenah

~ Screams ~ {{{{CHALLENGE !!!!!}}}}

I'm in as well I love's me a challenge I'm going to retain my length with moisture and no trimming and keep with my conditoner washes and leave-in's (mane n tail) and my buns also surging.

Chaya

I am soooo in on this one!!!
I will commit to:
1. Rollersetting my hair with minimal products to combat buildup
2. Wash my hair once a week
3. Clarify hair once a month
4. Stick with one stylist for EVERYTHING: relaxers, trims etc (Ive found the perfect lady)
5. Forgo wrapping hair as much as possible
6. Mini DustTrim hair every 10-12 weeks
7. Deep condition hair everytime it is washed
8. Protective hairstyles when Im out in the cold

Daughter

UK Blak
I didn't stick with it last year*sigh* but I have a renewed determination! Bra-strap length here I come!!!

Vitamins - check
routine - check
better fiet - check
hair dryer locked away - check
more water per day - check

pink_flower

Im in too. I would like to be 2 or 3 inches past bra strap by the end of 2005.

I plan to be consistent with my regimen, use little heat, exercise, and start a vitamin regimen(maybe one or 2 vitamins).

val1212

I'm in !!! I just have to find a regimine and stick to it. I'm always trying something new. Protective styles for sure.

Lynxdiva

I'm in too. I've fallen off the wagon & am having problems getting back on! I've been very, very bad to my hair for the last 3 months. I feel like I'm having to start from scratch.

NewlyNature12

DSD, this is a great thread :)

In '05, I will commit to:
1. Protective styling
2. No/low heat
3. Drinking more water
4. Trims as needed, rather than on a schedule
5. Exercise more
6. Have more patience!!!

kinikini2

I've missed LHCF!
Count me in too!!

I've already started a bun/protective styling mini-challenge for mid-December thru end of March, at which point I'm going to wear it down for a few days, and then back to another bun challenge.

I will also: continue taking my daily multi-vit, and whichever else of my vits I feel like taking that day, maintain a healthy diet, continue drinking lots of water, and re-start an exercise regimen for the New Year (with a workout buddy and everything).

I will not purchase any new products since what I have works excellently so far, but i will replenish my stocks and try out any free samples given to me, for later reference/puchase.

Trims only twice a year, with my last one in November, next in May depending on condition of my ends. Using my bone comb to detangle and my big magnetic rollers to smooth hair and ends. And of course, moisture, moisture, moisture.

God Bless and Happy Hair Growing/Retaining for 2005 ladies!

hairlover

DelightfulFlame said:
count me in! I need some motivation to stick to a regimen. I have a million...it just depends on what day it is.
i co-sign with this. i usually drink about 4 or more bottled waters a day, take vitamins, and wash my hair with the organic root stimulator line at least every 2 days. good-luck to everyone and happy growing.

alliyah4eva203

i'm in. i;m aiming for 5 inches in the year 2005. for the first two months of the year i'll have braids just to get me through the cold winter. i'm also gonna try to not use any heat throuh out the whole year.
wish me luck :)

msincognito

I'm in!

I plan to continue to focus on learning which products works best for my hair.

I plan to drink more water!

I plan to learn to be more patient!