Super Grow Out Challenge 2005

shellzfoshizzle

Hi Ladies...I am not new to the forum but I decided what the hell to go ahead and join the super grow out challenge for 2005! Can someone please add to me the official list of participants!?! Thanks!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

nfynit_812

I'm in! I will post my monthly progress in the 'HAIR LENGTH' album....my hair will continue to be in braids (even for my wedding), so I hope to have successful and healthy growth by December!

brickhouse

Count me in. I am planning on getting tree braids next month if I don't chicken out. I just need to develop a routine and stick with it. I am 1" from brastrap and hope to be at the bottom of brastrap by June.

luvlonghair

Tru Mind, Your hair looks great! I don't know your hair type, but it looks so silky when its wet. I saw in a thread that you use a chi ceramic flat iron. I've heard so many good things about this iron. I've seen others hair after using a chi and it looked great, but after seeing yours, I was so convinced that I purchased one from ebay yesterday. I really hope that it works for me the way it has worked for you and others

ChosenbyGod

Count me in!
I am a new member but I've been getting tips and info from this site since last summer. I took pics of my starting length January 1st so I was already unofficially on this challenge.
My plan is to keep it simple, no direct heat, moisture, moisture, moisture, protective styles, roller sets.
HHG!

BAILEYSCREAM

Ok, I'm in!

I will be:

1. Wearing braids off and on

2. Surging

3. Keeping my ends moisturised.

4. Will not overstretch my touch-up.

Happy Growing ladies!!:D

Melaninme

I think I've joined this already, but just wanted to post that I will have a Growth
album coming soon to document my progress. :)

jellynote

I thought I put my regime in this, but I can't find it. Count me in too DSD.

shampoo and conditioner 2x a week
deep condition once a week
surge
vitamins
scalp massages
drinking plenty of water

dontspeakdefeat

Hair Coach
jellynote said:
I thought I put my regime in this, but I can't find it. Count me in too DSD.

shampoo and conditioner 2x a week
deep condition once a week
surge
vitamins
scalp massages
drinking plenty of water

Remember this is the initial sign up thread. I started another thread to kick off the challenge. You probably posted in that one!!:)

jellynote

dontspeakdefeat said:
Remember this is the initial sign up thread. I started another thread to kick off the challenge. You probably posted in that one!!:)

DSD you were right I did put my regime in the other thread.;) Please add me to the list. Thanks, I can't believe I put my regime in the wrong thread.:lol:

star

I know I late but I'm "IN" for this challenge. My hair is in braids so I will take pictures when I take them out. About 4-5 inches from bra strap. :lachen:

bluwatersoul

Can I join?

I am a newbie to this board, but am OH so glad I found it. I am jealous of you ladies, and am using you all as inspiration!

I wore braids for years...then wore natural...back to braids - then permed. Had some crazy growth, but damaged my hair from touching up too often and overlapping when processing. Am currently at base of neck/almost shoulders.

So, I am stretching my relaxer out to at least 8 weeks(a HUGE step for me!). Won't overlap again. I wash 2x weekly with Aveda Sap moss, CON or MNT (I rotate). Deep condition 1-2x week with Olive oil or Hair Mayo under heat for 45 minutes. I use Nexxus Humectress, Infusium, or MNT as leave in's. I have just started surging this past week along with the baggie method at night on my itty bitty pony tail . I run a few times a week, and will con wash on those days when the sweat is bad. I moisturize with Aveda Brilliance and S Curl for my new growth and dillberry beads. :p

I take GNC UltraNourishair....prior to that I was taking Perfectil (the UK Hair Skin & Nails formula). May switch back, those GNC horse pills are chokin me. Also take Vitamin E and Folic acid.

I would love to have real shoulder length by June, with another few inches by December. When I learn how to post pictures, I will. I am also on a 5K challenge, and starting Oprahs Bootcamp.

Back to pawing through the boards!
:fan:

Blu

dontspeakdefeat

Hair Coach
bluwatersoul said:
Can I join?

I am a newbie to this board, but am OH so glad I found it. I am jealous of you ladies, and am using you all as inspiration!

I wore braids for years...then wore natural...back to braids - then permed. Had some crazy growth, but damaged my hair from touching up too often and overlapping when processing. Am currently at base of neck/almost shoulders.

So, I am stretching my relaxer out to at least 8 weeks(a HUGE step for me!). Won't overlap again. I wash 2x weekly with Aveda Sap moss, CON or MNT (I rotate). Deep condition 1-2x week with Olive oil or Hair Mayo under heat for 45 minutes. I use Nexxus Humectress, Infusium, or MNT as leave in's. I have just started surging this past week along with the baggie method at night on my itty bitty pony tail . I run a few times a week, and will con wash on those days when the sweat is bad. I moisturize with Aveda Brilliance and S Curl for my new growth and dillberry beads. :p

I take GNC UltraNourishair....prior to that I was taking Perfectil (the UK Hair Skin & Nails formula). May switch back, those GNC horse pills are chokin me. Also take Vitamin E and Folic acid.

I would love to have real shoulder length by June, with another few inches by December. When I learn how to post pictures, I will. I am also on a 5K challenge, and starting Oprahs Bootcamp.

Back to pawing through the boards!
:fan:

Blu
Welocme!! :wave: I will add your name to the list! HHG

beloved1

Count me in. I'll stick with my regimen which involves weekly deep condition (MNT), little to no combing, once a week heat, nightly scarf, etc. etc.

Once I get comfortable with my regimen and taking care of my hair, I will incorporate some protective styles.