Super Grow Out Challenge 2005

AudraChanell

Count me in as well! I plan to take my vitamins, limit direct heat, and try more protective styling. WISHFUL THINKING>>>I pray that Capilong can help to give me an inch an month I so desire. I want to retain at least 5-5 1/2 inches (taking in to consideration my trims) by December 2005.

MAHOGNEY329

Future ESQ. w/nice hair:)
Is the Baggie Method effective for those of us................who plan on working out every day? Meaning can you wash your hair everyday while doing the baggie method? Also what type of conditioners would you recommend for such an endeavor. THANKS:)

NYRICAN

I'm In I Just Got My Touchup Relaxer On 12-21-04 And Will Try To Stretch My Relaxer For 3 Months. I Also Got A Trim And I Am Doing The Baggie Method. Lets Do It Girls !!!

itismehmmkay

Me..me..me!!!!

My maintence regimen is working for me so far...it's just my supplements that I need to work on. I plan to be more consistent w/ taking a multi, biotin, evening primrose (I'm also trying to get that "extra-boob" side-effect :D ), and vitamin E. It would also be great to add a protein shake w/ lecithin and wheat germ to my diet. :scratchchin:

dontspeakdefeat

Hair Coach
mrslee said:
I can't remember if I post or not. But I am in either way.

I plan to try and take a vitamin and drink protein shakes more often.
Drink more water.
Moisturize hair especially ends.
Do more frequent dusting.
Find another way to wear hair up for bedtime.
Continuing surging for another 3 months or until new bottle runs out.
mrslee said:
Count me in! I want to grow at least an inch a month!! I will be using the Mane and Tail, Surging, and Biolage products from time to time. GPB for my protein treatments. I want to be at least two inches past bra strap by Aug 2005. I think I have 4 inches to go! LETS GROW in 2005! :clap:
MrsLee, this is your original post!! You joined us on December 20th

WaterMoccasin

Did I respond to this already? Anyway, I'M IN!!!!

I am currently at brastrap although I suspect things will be different once I get my 'trim' but that's ok, starting the new year off right.

Ok. I plan to keep as much of what I grow as possible, and I hope that it is at least 6 inches- my goodness, that would mean I would have reached my ultimate goal in 2005 as originally planned (near-waist length)!

Currently my hair is the longest it's ever been so we'll see how that goes.

My plan:

1. Stay Moisturized!
2. Protective Styles continued- buns (better ones), braids, find other protective styles and use them!
3. Stick with vitamin regimen- I plan on a multivitamin, biotin and b-complex
4. Stick with hair regimen.
5. Avoid heat/straightening as much as possible. In fact, no more than 5 times for the year, 3 being ideal.
6. I won't skimp on trims/dustings
7. Keep treating my hair.

Consistency basically is the key I guess!

I want to go from here: http://us.movies1.yimg.com/movies.y...ures/crossroads/christina_milian/crosspre.jpg to here: http://us.movies1.yimg.com/movies.y...c_awards_2002_photos/christina_milian/vma.jpg

Last edited:

dontspeakdefeat

Hair Coach
Welcome Ladies!! :wave:

I will add your names to the list.

Ladies we have about 4 more days before the challenge begins.

I already have my regemin and products together and I am ready to go. The year will go by fast so keep on top of it!! :)

dontspeakdefeat

Hair Coach
BahamaMama said:
Did I respond to this already? Anyway, I'M IN!!!!

I am currently at brastrap although I suspect things will be different once I get my 'trim' but that's ok, starting the new year off right.

Ok. I plan to keep as much of what I grow as possible, and I hope that it is at least 6 inches- my goodness, that would mean I would have reached my ultimate goal in 2005 as originally planned (near-waist length)!

Currently my hair is the longest it's ever been so we'll see how that goes.

My plan:

1. Stay Moisturized!
2. Protective Styles continued- buns (better ones), braids, find other protective styles and use them!
3. Stick with vitamin regimen- I plan on a multivitamin, biotin and b-complex
4. Stick with hair regimen.
5. Avoid heat/straightening as much as possible. In fact, no more than 5 times for the year, 3 being ideal.
6. I won't skimp on trims/dustings
7. Keep treating my hair.

Consistency basically is the key I guess!

I want to go from here: http://us.movies1.yimg.com/movies.yahoo.com/images/hv/photo/movie_pix/paramount_pictures/crossroads/christina_milian/crosspre.jpg to here: http://us.movies1.yimg.com/movies.yahoo.com/images/hv/photo/tv_pix/mtv/mtv_video_music_awards_2002_photos/christina_milian/vma.jpg
Glad to have you!!

This is your first response. Good Luck!!

lovelymissyoli

Count me in!!! :clap: This sounds just like a personal challenge I made for myself so I might as well join in with the rest of the ladies here! I'm not making any specific hair goals because I don't want to be disappointed if I don't achieve that goal so I'm shooting for all the growth I can get in 2005!!

Since this challenge calls for consistency, I plan to be consistent in keeping my hair braided for months at a time, constant moisture, weekly/bi-weekly routine of shampoos, conditions & deep conditions, and no drastic cuts!

Best of luck to all you ladies!!!:antlers:

Last edited:

LadyZ

Count me in... I am Surging, using essential oils, and also trying some other oils and potions.. Trying to get healthy hair again and even out my weak thin sides...

caramel

Count me in DSD! I'm going to press and trim my hair in 2 weeks so I can see what I'm really working with. Hopefully it'll at least be at bra strap by the end of next year.

Rachel

Ok, I've gotten my routine together and here are my official start photos.
Next time I'll remember to brush my hair out before taking the picture = ).

Attachments

• back 12-30-04.jpg
    back 12-30-04.jpg
    28.6 KB · Views: 4
  • front 12-30-04.jpg
    front 12-30-04.jpg
    26.8 KB · Views: 3
COUNT ME IN!!!!!
This is my first post on the forum. I have been reading and learning so much from you ladies since i've joined. Right now I have not a lick of chemical in my hair and it is shoulder length when streched. I'm currently wearing a sewn in weave to allow my hair to rest....and my body to workout (without worrying about my hair).
I get my hair professionally washed every other week.
I take an arsenal of vitamins daily
Flaxseed 3-1000mg capsules with each meal
GNC EPO 1-1300mg cap with each meal
GNC Silica 3-11mg tabs 3x per day
GNC MSM 1-1000mg cap 3x per day
GNC Triple Chlorophyll 1 tab 2x per day
occasionally a b-complex
GNC hair skin and nails formula 2 tabs with breakfast
I see the difference in my hair and nails since I've been consistant for the last 1.5 month.

GOOD LUCK and GOD BLESS
JOY
PS GNC vitamins are going to be on sale from JAN 1-9! So stock up.

Babygurl

I guess Im in, it'll give me something to do while PATIENLY waiting for bra-strap! The picture in my avatar will serve as my before, it was taken in Nov. 2004.

phynestone

Count me in!

This year, I hope to make it to brastrap length, but I can settle for arm pit length as well. I'm going to keep up the health of my hair by:

-wearing protective styles as much as possible and getting better looking scarves to protect my hair from the elements
-keeping my hair moisturized, especially the ends
-get back into taking my vitamins
-relax only 3 or 4 times this year again
-improve my rollersets and rollerwraps
-limit my use of heat to a few times a year (can be helped by keeping my hair in braids and weaves)
-getting and giving support to everyone on the board for their haircare goals!

aqualung

dontspeakdefeat said:
Develop a routine and stick with it.

I think this challenge for 2005 is a good idea. My routine's not set yet, though.

I want to
-gain ~3 inches overall such that I can have a blunt brastrap style like SouthernGirl's
-identify a relaxer that will enable me to effectively self-relax at home
-do more braidouts with coconut oil (like Amel Larrieux's routine!) and less rollersetting. It becomes important that I be able to braidout nicely enough that I have other options for dates besides rollerset straight. Setting my hair with cornrows overnight should do nicely.
-figure out how to conquer my new growth and tangles past 6 weeks post relaxer
-try MNT and Nexxus Humectress

kedra70

I'm definitely in!!! My goal is bra-strap length. My regimen (I will stick with this throughout 2005 - it's been working pretty well):

Shampoo:
Elucence Moisturizing
Elucence Clarifying

Conditioners:
Biolage Conditioning Balm
Aubrey's GPB

Leave-Ins:
Back to Basics Sunflower Detangling Spray
Biolage's Smoothing Milk
Avocado Oil for ends

Special Treatments:
Nioxin Bionutrient Protectives Treatment (I spray this on my edges after conditioning my hair)
Nioxin Follicle Booster (This is my daytime treatment. After styling my hair, I put just a tiny dab on my edges)
Skin Biology's Folligen Cream, Lotion and Emu Oil for Hair (just a tiny dab of all three mixed together at night on my edges)

Hair Oils:
Carol's Daughter Khoret Amen Oil (hair only)
A mixture of Nexus Vitatress Cream, Elucence Protective Balm and Surge (for scalp only)

I'm getting a relaxer Monday (Jan. 3) along with a trim. I plan on trimming my hair every six months. I also think it's about time I started a photo album to chart my progress each month.

Mariaat40

I'm in. I expect to be at brastrap by my next touch up in early March. But next year I'd like to concentrate on thickness. I've got some layers in my hair and I'm not feeling them because my hair is so fine. Like Meagan, I'm aiming for blunt, brastrap length hair by the end of 2005.