Support thread for CONSTANT shedders

6429annette

Hi
I am new to this site and this is my first posting. I have natural 4b hair and have had alot o shedding for the last 6 moths or so loosing a ball of hair each time I wash condition and detangle. I used hesh amla powder for the first time this week and my hair has stopped shedding with that one conditioning. It has amazing properties and is all natural. maybe this will work for you too.

Whilst writing I am looking for advice on clouring hair with natural henna? Where can I find a thread on this topic?
thanks

seeminglysweet

Hope I'm not too late, but I'm a CHRONIC shedder! I mean....it's A LOT!!! :perplexed When I'm in the shower cowashing or just rinsing with water, god forbid I "tug" GENTLY on my ends....CLUMPS OF HAIR JUST GLIDE OUT :sad:.
This past Sunday, I actually used garlic on my scalp (made my own garlic paste by grinding garlic and olive oil in blender) and I really didnt notice that much of a difference. Hopefully I can find a "cure"...I really do feel that this is the reason that I have been stuck at BSL for YEARS. *Sigh*

You described my hair exactly. I just co washed and had TONS of shedding. I'm going to do an aphogee treatment on Friday. I'm also going to pick up the aphogee leave in spray.

drasgrl

I'm a shedder I shed all day every day. I'm beginning to think that's just the way my hair is and get used to it. Good thing my hair is thick or I'd be bald but it still drives me nuts. I just did a Motions CPR treatment Saturday and boy did it make a huge difference.

Determined22

I've been shedding a lot the last few washes, and its starting to worry me. This weekend I may do the Aphogee 2 min reconstructor and see how that does for my hair.

miami74

I've been shedding a lot the last few washes, and its starting to worry me. This weekend I may do the Aphogee 2 min reconstructor and see how that does for my hair.

That's a good idea. I had a shedding issue a few weeks back and Aphogee 2 min helped a lot for me. The shedding is not completely gone, but it decreased a lot. Let us know how it worked out for you.

shorthairdiva09

i am going to try the two minute reconstructor today, hopefully it works... never really worked for me before. still had shedding and breakage after although it was suppose to stop both but w/e.

N

NaturalBeauty87

I wear my hair straight daily and only finger comb once daily, but it seems like i shed a lot when i finger comb! even when I do my weekly detangle I lose A LOT of hair! i have stopped taking vitamins and I'm wondering if thats the reason. I've been trying to ignore it because it seems to be within the normal shed rate, but I'm just not used to seeing that much!

belle_reveuse28

I, too, had been shedding a lot the past year. I hadn't been taking vitamins, drinking water, etc... I did try the garlic shampoo (Queen Helene) and that really didn't work for me. The only thing that has worked for me recently and actually stopped my shedding the next day was taking 3,000 mg of garlic daily. I was actually shocked at how fast it worked. Many say you can also do a garlic paste treatment by crushing garlic and making a paste with it (i dont have the receipe), or trying the Alter Ego Garlic POo and Con (seems to be a lot better than the Queen Helene as most are using this and getting great results), I heard that works wonders. I will order it soon, but right now I dont need it because the garlic capsules are working. Another thing I've noticed is since I've been DCing thrice weekly, my shedding is almost non-existent. I'm very happy with the results I've gotten and the advice I've found on the board. I feel hopeful again about having long, thick, healthy hair. If you look at my fotki, you will see a pic there with my hair all thin and scraggly looking, that's from excessive shedding and breakage, all of which has stopped.

ETA: One other thing is I've noticed that since I've been doing nightly scalp massages, my scalp and hair seems to be a lot stronger. I got that off of Candy C's Ayurveda thread where she talks about people sleeping on the massages. Massages are great for circulation and creating healthy strong hair. Increasing the blood flow to the root bulb makes it grow and stay healthy and strong, also it makes your scalp nice and moisturized but strong as well. So I hope these will help as they have helped me tremendously- currently an ex-chronic shedder LOL HTH

Last edited:
N

NaturalBeauty87

I, too, had been shedding a lot the past year. I hadn't been taking vitamins, drinking water, etc... I did try the garlic shampoo (Queen Helene) and that really didn't work for me. The only thing that has worked for me recently and actually stopped my shedding the next day was taking 3,000 mg of garlic daily. I was actually shocked at how fast it worked. Many say you can also do a garlic paste treatment by crushing garlic and making a paste with it (i dont have the receipe), or trying the Alter Ego Garlic POo and Con (seems to be a lot better than the Queen Helene as most are using this and getting great results), I heard that works wonders. I will order it soon, but right now I dont need it because the garlic capsules are working. Another thing I've noticed is since I've been DCing thrice weekly, my shedding is almost non-existent. I'm very happy with the results I've gotten and the advice I've found on the board. I feel hopeful again about having long, thick, healthy hair. If you look at my fotki, you will see a pic there with my hair all thin and scraggly looking, that's from excessive shedding and breakage, all of which has stopped.

ETA: One other thing is I've noticed that since I've been doing nightly scalp massages, my scalp and hair seems to be a lot stronger. I got that off of Candy C's Ayurveda thread where she talks about people sleeping on the massages. Massages are great for circulation and creating healthy strong hair. Increasing the blood flow to the root bulb makes it grow and stay healthy and strong, also it makes your scalp nice and moisturized but strong as well. So I hope these will help as they have helped me tremendously- currently an ex-chronic shedder LOL HTH

Where do you get your garlic supplement from and what is is called? I haven't been doing my dc consistently either because I was getting major build up but now that Ive fixed that I'll dc more consistently!

belle_reveuse28

Where do you get your garlic supplement from and what is is called? I haven't been doing my dc consistently either because I was getting major build up but now that Ive fixed that I'll dc more consistently!

Honestly, I didn't get any particular kind. I went to Rite-Aid and got Nature's Made. I think that's a pretty good brand, and it's been working for me. Others have been using some Kyolic Garlic kind. I didn't really have the time to go look for it, but the kind I have is odorless. Hmmm... I've gotten no buildup from my DC's, but I do use the bioFusion Olive Oil Deep Conditioner. My hair isn't fine though, so maybe that's why I dont get buildup?? But yeah, I'd go out and get some garlic ASAP. Hopefully and prayerfully your results will be as mine are. :yep: Oh, and carry your garlic with you if you are as forgetful as I am. I keep mine in my handbag just in case because I'm not good with remembering to take vitamins and things first thing in the morning. I barely know my name when I get up, remembering to do something important other than discover who I am and what I need to do for the day can prove to be difficult! LOL

PreciousPearl

You can find odorless garlic tablets where vitamins are sold. I purchased mine at Walmart. The brand was Spring Valley 1000 mg in softgels. I have noticed a big decrease in the amount of hair I shed daily since I began taking them.

prettyFine

i shed also. right now I use nizoral 2%. and garlic pills. The nizoral has been the best help.

Last edited: