Surge 14 & Soapiness

NYCQT16

Natural Again
This may be a strange question but for all who have used Surge 14 Spray, have you had a soapy consistency (that's the only way to describe it) in the new growth surrounding the part in your hair that you sprayed the Surge 14 on? (When spraying directly on scalp). This keeps happening to me and I wonder if this is normal.
confused.gif

When I spray Surge on my hair it does start to foam a little but it goes in away in a few seconds. It's normal for me, I can't say the same for everyone else though.

Oh whew! Thank goodness. I was so scared you guys I was like let me just ask already. I mean it foams up and feels soapy n if I rub it as if I was trying to lather more, it doesn't and after I wrap my hair and wake up the next morning, there is no evidence of the foam or any residue of sorts.

yeh this hapened to me, I wash actually about to wash my hair out, because it was wet and I thought I didnt get all the condition out, LOL, but after a couple of secs it disappeared

Thas exactly what I was gonna do AnjelLuvsuBabe! LOL
laugh.gif
, but then when I rubbed it and it didn't lather I kept going, but I started getting scared after all these times so I'm glad 2 see it's normal.

Thanks ladies for your answers
smile.gif

It happens to me to. I don't like spraying it on though because I don't like when it makes my flat do bush up. I'm going to get some braids and apply the surge directly to my scalp in between the parts with an eye dropper. I don't like to waste one drop spraying it on the new growth any way, that hair already out of my scalp anyway. I just want the surge on my scalp.

[ QUOTE ]
AnnDriena_ said:
It happens to me to. I don't like spraying it on though because I don't like when it makes my flat do bush up. I'm going to get some braids and apply the surge directly to my scalp in between the parts with an eye dropper. I don't like to waste one drop spraying it on the new growth any way, that hair already out of my scalp anyway. I just want the surge on my scalp.

[/ QUOTE ]

***That's a good idea. You know I believe Surge works best for me when I have braids. Since I've had my hair down and sprayed Surge it made my hair revert back to it's natural state of wavy and puffiness! I believe I received the most growth from using it on braids, but if you would have posted this idea months ago, girl I probably would have had a serious amount of growth!***

[ QUOTE ]
NYCQT16 said:
This may be a strange question but for all who have used Surge 14 Spray, have you had a soapy consistency (that's the only way to describe it) in the new growth surrounding the part in your hair that you sprayed the Surge 14 on? (When spraying directly on scalp). This keeps happening to me and I wonder if this is normal.
confused.gif

[/ QUOTE ]

Yep it has happen to me. I thought it was something that I was doing. I thought that it may be the reaction with my leave in and Surge, I don't know. I know one thing... It doesn't go away and it drys all crusty. Uggh. Do you have leave in in your hair?
confused.gif

[ QUOTE ]
Reginia said:
[ QUOTE ]
NYCQT16 said:
confused.gif

[/ QUOTE ]

Yep it has happen to me. I thought it was something that I was doing. I thought that it may be the reaction with my leave in and Surge, I don't know. I know one thing... It doesn't go away and it drys all crusty. Uggh. Do you have leave in in your hair?
confused.gif

[/ QUOTE ]

I haven't had the crusty drying. I usually spray with Motions leave in to detangle and then part my hair and spray the Surge in the parts. Then I put some Profectiv Breakfree and wrap. I know I gave a long explanation but I hoped that by telling you the whole regimen I could answer your question completely
smile.gif

This happens to me too - more so after I have washed my hair. I just assumed that I had not rinsed my hair out properly.

Ar010 - Surge 14 cost approx £3.99 / $3

Hey!
shocked.gif
I thought I was the only one...I notice this soapiness when I use Surge 14 after I shampoo or do a protein treatment with ElastaQP Breakage Control Serum. I always think my shampoo or treatment wasn't washed out good enough so I try rinsing the soapiness out in my sink. Once I had to do it four times to get that soapiness out that I didn't know where it was coming from. I wonder if it's the Surge or if the shampoo or treatment isn't washed out of my hair good enough
ohwell.gif

Back