surge and pressed hair

sundayschild

Are any of you who are using the formula 14 Surge also wearing your hair pressed? I used it each day when I was wearing my hair natural, in braids. A few weeks ago, after obtaining the entire product line, I used the formula 14 each day. I also pressed my hair myself at home.It was my experience however, as your scalp is dampened and therefore "wet", it causes your hair to tighten at the roots, unless of course, your hair does not have the tendency to "reverse".

Last week I had my hair pressed at the salon. This week, a few days after my visit to the salon, I am afraid to use the formula 14!!

I would like to hear from any of you who wear your hair pressed and also use Surge.

miss_brown

I don't think you should use Surge while your hair is pressed because of the reversion. Water products always revert the hair, which is why I avoid them when my hair is pressed.

I was using Surge faithfully while I was in braids, but now that I'm pressed, I've stopped (I paid too much to get my hair done to revert it myself). I'll probaby return to the Surge when I start wearing my hair in natural styles next week (after my wash) or when I get braids again (probably in the next few weeks)

dstdiva

hey, i don't wear my hair pressed (i'm relaxed...for now), but would it revert your hair to part your hair and apply the surge with a small makeup brush (ex. eyeshadow spongetip)? that is what i was doing for my hair before i got this sew-in. i couldn't afford for my roots to get wet either!

ChocoKitty

I flatiron my hair. I pour a small amount in my hand and rub it on my edges and sometimes the length of my pontail before I roll it. I usually don't part and spray on the rest of my scalp when I'm wearing it straight.