Sweat Out A Relaxer

lshevonne

Ladies I was just wondering if you can sweat out a relaxer? I've been sick since last Thur. (caught a virus from my son) and I must say my hair was not on my mind. It is time for my touch-up but my hair looked so bad. Well, I've thinking of doing the touch-up this Friday because I'm going out of town Sat. so I want my hair to look fresh. If I start sweating like I been because of this virus do you think the relaxer will revert? /images/graemlins/ill.gif

no a relaxer cannot revert, unless it is a nolye then maybe it may ook reverted, controversial but that is my view on nolyes.

i think the acidity of your sweat may have dried out your hair and given it a puffy, dry look and feel. just shampoo and deep condition it well and moisturise the hell out of it and after a roller set you should be ok. /images/graemlins/smile.gif

A relaxer has to grow out or be chopped off. I recall hearing my mother tell me, "your going to wash your relaxer out with all that washing." That's so far from the truth. If that were true, I'd wash or sweat my relaxer out anytime I felt like switching hair chemicals (lye to no lye or vice versa, curl or whatever). Of course I do not believe I will ever go back to the curl though. Not as long as I can just use the activator. /images/graemlins/smile.gif Hope this helps!! Oh and feel better.

Blessings,
Compassion

Sorry to hear you are sick. /images/graemlins/frown.gif Your hair won't revert, but it may feel damp from your body temperature - which in turn will make it look like you sweated your hair back, and missy, if you are sweating that bad with fever you need to stay home... /images/graemlins/naughty.gif I also don't think you want to get a touch up with your pores open like that, it may burn.
/images/graemlins/nono.gif Throw it in a bun and wait until you feel better.

I know in the summertime is when I usually "sweat" out my relaxer. My hair grows out fast in the summer probably because of the humidity.

Here is a little tip:
My hairstylist on st. thomas would always base my scalp for the relaxer and then proceed to put me under the dryer w/cool air. Her reasoning for this was because of sweat etc.

</font><blockquote><font class="small">In reply to:</font><hr />
mirrormirror said:
I know in the summertime is when I usually "sweat" out my relaxer.

[/ QUOTE ]

huh? your hair reverts?

Thanks for the concern Nita4. I don't have a fever I've just been sweating like crazy every other night since this is trying to run it's course. Now during the first few days OH... I was in bad shape.

Thanks Compassion, Pandora said the same.
Mirrormirror I think most of us want to know how did yours revert back?
Islandgirl thanks for the tip that your stylist uses.

Pandora said:
mirrormirror said:
I know in the summertime is when I usually "sweat" out my relaxer.

[/ QUOTE ]

huh? your hair reverts?

[/ QUOTE ]

I guess I meant to say hat my new growth comes in quicker, my hair grows much faster in the summer.

When you feel better give your hair a good wash and deecp condition and see how it looks. I have to go like only one day of lounging and sleeping in all day for my hair to look a hot mess. The only way to sort it out is to wash it, before determining if it needs a touch up.

Back