Sweetcocoa, I can't thank you enough....

pmichael52172

Sweetcocoa, I can\'t thank you enough....

... for introducing your shea/oil mixture to me several months ago. Although I modified my indgredients it's so versatile. I have done everything with this stuff except eat it! /images/graemlins/tongue.gif

It has been the only thing that REALLY moisturizes my winter skin in addition to solving my winter hair issues. Lately, I've been scooping a little out and melting it for hot oil treatments and I notice a HUGE difference from days after I've done the hot oil and days after I don't do the hot oil.

I'm not one to stretch my touchups out because my hair threatens to break but I'm 9 weeks into my touch up. I'm flexirodding my hair until Christmas just to give it a stress break. After hot oil treating it, I of course dab the balm on my roots and strands while wet and then wet set my hair.

My curls are soft and even the ends are not frizzy but silky. I think my hair is gaining it's strength from the rods too because it seems like it's thickness is coming back (could be the B-5) and they are "hanging" longer which could mean it's growing!!!

Anyway, just wanted to thank you once again for sharing it.

pebbles

Re: Sweetcocoa, I can\'t thank you enough....

Excuse this interuption /images/graemlins/blush.gif, but Sweetcocoa or pmichael52172, could you post that recipe again? I would love to get in on it! /images/graemlins/smile.gif

pmichael52172

I did a search, here it is:

My shea/oil butter recipe...

4 oz of shea butter(unrefined)- melted in microwave...or in a glass measuring cup set in a pot of water that was boiled first...the microwave is quicker.
to which I added the following -
1 tablespoon of amla oil
2 tablespoons of coconut oil
2 tablespoons of olive oil
1 talbespoon of castor oil
1 tablespoon of almond oil
10 drops of rosemary oil
1 tablespoon of aloe vera oil
I put it in the refrigerator to harden. Then take it out and let it come to room temperature. It should be nice and creamy(or if you prefer leave it hardened...works both ways). This is very rich so a little goes a long way. I only apply it to my hair. Works best on damp hair.

--------------------------
I modified mine to shea butter, Extra Virgin Olive oil, Jojoba oil and Essential Lavender oil. I really don't measure, I just kind of "feel it out". If it comes out too soft, I re-melt and add shea butter, if it comes out too stiff, I re-melt and add oils.

My best batch is the recent one. It's on the stiff side put kind of like a paste - yielding to pressure. When I let it sit on my skin or rub it in my palms, it literally melts which I love because it's easier to apply.

sweetcocoa

I am so happy it works for you. I made my body butter this weekend. Let me know and I'll email you my recipe. I love it so far. I made enough to last me the winter.

pebbles

Thanks pmichael, I'm off to the store! /images/graemlins/smile.gif

daviine

Can you e-mail me the body butter recipe as well"

[email protected]

Also, can someone describe what the consistency is so that I knowif I have to make any modifications? Thanks!

I noticed that it's easier/more convenient for me to aplpy shea butter as a hot oil treatment than oil. I'd love to try this recipe even htough I've been meaning to fro months now!

Thanks! : /images/graemlins/laugh.gif

sweetcocoa

Daviine, I'll email you also. The consistency is your preference. Sometimes I'll mix something up...use it and then decide I need to add more oils or maybe shea butter. I'll melt it down and make my changes re-refrigerate till it's hard (I then store all my 'butters' at room temerature)and try it again until I get the 'feel' I want.