Swimming lessons

Coilystep

@imperial_acquisitions
I'm going to be signing up for swimming lessons March 7th. Just not sure how I should style my hair if I'm going to be swimming 2-3x a week. And it's winter...
congrats on starting lessons. Are natural or relaxed. I just so my normal wash n go. I've been wash n going all winter with no issues. I wear my hair everyday anyway.

Nina_S

I swim an average of 4 days a week and I use the Swim Elite cap (http://www.amazon.com/dp/B00J73KY5M/?m=A1A9W8BNZ8PXZ1&ref_=pe_823600_114105210). I like it but as someone mentioned your hair will still get wet no matter what cap you wear. Mostly it is the back, where my twists hang that get wet. I also use Ultraswim Chlorine Removal shampoo after each swim. I think I got it from CVS or Walgreens - you can also find it at Wal-Mart.

k2-_e729b1a0-1bb1-4f18-a049-cce59ab9dbf4_v1.jpg

Thank you ladies for suggesting conditioner before swimming---duh, I didn't think about that. Ya'll are AWESOME!

ForestRose

This thread has great tips. I'm gonna start swimming soon as well. I'll update on how well my hair keeps up once I've started. I'm going with the keeping the majority of my hair dry method. Hopefully I'll only have to wash out the back and front edges. Which is fine with me.