swimming

bunita

I like to swim every week in the pool but I am asking myself of this is bad for my relaxed hair. I ve used motions lye for kids my last touch up but I want to switch to affirm. Does someone know how I've to take care of my hair if I keep on swimming every week or I better stop swimming? Any suggestions?

karezone

I used to swim and do water aerobics twice a week up until three weeks ago. I thought it was okay because I washed with a really good shampoo and clarified on a regular basis. I was in braids for part of the time.

More imput would be greatly appreciated.

bunita

Karezone do you clarify everytime you swim? I ve ordered the aloe rid shampoo of Nexxus but are there any other shampoo I can use? So I don't have to worry if I keep on swimming?

Nyambura

surfer girl
I know you were specifically asking about relaxed hair care and swimming but I thought I'd suggest this one anyway: Aubrey Organics' Swimmer's Shampoo & Conditioner

Aubrey Organics

My mother has natural hair but has found success using these two, which is a miracle considering how sensitive her scalp is to almost everything on the market! She's found the conditioner very moisturizing, which is great because her locs tend to dry out sometimes esp. w/the chlorine. Although I haven't used these two products specifically, the others I have used (GPB conditioner, J.A.Y. shampoo) worked wonderfully for my relaxed hair. If I started swimming, I would definitely consider the Swimmers Shampoo & Conditioner.

karezone

I did not clarify every time. I clarified a bit more than what I do now maybe about every 2 weeks. I am also strapped for cash so I won't be investing my money in an expensive product.