Switching from Relaxing to Straightening

kitchen_tician

No, I had breakage. But I think it's also because she wasn't giving me protein treatments and she used thermal marcel appliances.

Angel54

Natural
I have been transitioning from Relaxing to Straightening since February 2004. I have not noticed considerable breaking. Actually I think I have lost less hair since making the transition. My hair was falling out in clumps when I had the Relaxer. I think that I have not had much breakage because I moisturize daily. I also wash every week and CO-wash every other day. This regime has kept my hair ultra soft. I let my hair air dry with a leave-in conditioner and Straighen my hair with my Helen of Troy Flat Iron. Once I flat Iron I wrap and do not apply heat again until my next wash. During CO washing I plait my and wear a wig. I am scheduled to get braids on Friday to eliminate all forms of heat.

I am still new to the transitioning, but so far I think it is working for me. I have gotten so many compliments. Sorry I don't have any pictures, but I don't have a good digital camera yet. Maybe I will try to take some from my computer. Good luck