Synthetic Lace Front Wig Wearers Help!

QueenT

I purchased my first lace front wig last weekend. It was wavy. On the mannequin, the style I selected looked nice. I did not try it on in the store. At this point, I do not care that people may know that I wear a wig. However, I just don't really like the idea of people watching me while I'm trying on wigs.

To make a long story short, when I got home I put the wig on. The wig is so full that it looks unrealistic.

In an attempt to tame the wig, I sprayed Infusium 23 leave in conditioner on it. Now the wig is still too full and I can smell the infusium 23 despite rinsing the wig several times. I have two questions:

1. How to get the smell of Infusium 23 out of the wig.

2. How to thin the wig?

poookie

i know the feeling, i absolutely hate trying on wigs in the BSS.

to get the smell out, ORS has this product that removes smells from weaves & wigs. i think it's called a hair refresher or something. i use it, & it's good at removing cigarette smoke smell, so it'll probably remove the infusium smell too.

as far as thinning it, i'm not sure. washing it & letting it air dry might work, or it may make the hair poof up even more. do you have any pictures, or maybe the brand name & the model of wig, so we could get a better picture of what it looks like?

Rain20

If its curly/wavy then try not to manipulate it too much. I think hanging it upside down for a couple of days loosens the curl. Try using a very light weight serum and only use a little bit. Do you mind saying which one you bought?

ladybuddafly

I remember someone using the heat of a blow dryer and a brush to thin it a little. From what I understand it only takes like a minute.

KatKronicles

OP can you post the brand and model of the wig you bought ?

I personally do not like ( hate) bss "lace" front wigs however I do own some.
If its a tight curl you have to take some duck billed clips and section off the sections you feel can go. Then cut right at the base of the wig cap.start from the middle back and by the time you reach the upper middle portion you should have thinned it out enough.

If it is a loose wave curl. All you need is a glycerin water mix, with a drop of oil and spritz the problem area. Youll have to do this each time you wear it, but it does last throughout the day and actually makes the fiber look more realistic. As far as getting the smell out, get a clean rag, put some alcohol in a tiny spray bottle and section off, spray and wipe the section down with the rag. Dont pull too too hard. Just enough to get the smell out.

There is to much protein in leave ins to work on synthetic hair and it tends to make the problem worse. I know

QueenT

Thanks for all the suggestions ladies. The unit is by Afro Beauty Love Lace Wigs. The company does not have a website. The style is LF-Aliyah. On me the wig reminds me of Chaka Kahns hairstlye that she had in the 1980's. I attempted to post pics but I can't upload images directly from my computer to this website.

I went to another BBS and purchased another lace front wig today. This one is by Nano Platinum Crown. The wig that I purchased is Kelly from the Femi collection. The waves are a lot more realistic. I was so excited. However, when I got home and opened the package, I realized that the lace was puckered. I tried the wig on and the puckers were odvious. I decided not to cut the lace because Monday I will attempt to return the wig because I believe it is defective.

Does anyone own this wig or any Nano Platinum Crown wigs? Is it normal for the lace to be puckered? My fear is that once I cut the lace and attach the unit, the puckers will still be odvious.

I guess after I spend a small fortune on wigs, I'll eventually find one that works for me. :sad: