Synthetic or Human Blend for Permanent Loc Extensions?

NIN4eva

Has anyone ever used synthetic or a human/synthetic blend for permanent extensions? I'd like to install permanent locs this weekend and I already have enough human kinky (Vivica Fox brand) for wrapping but I'd rather use something a bit more solid for the base braids (for fast braiding and more uniform locs). Yes, I'm being cheap, but will spend the money on more 100% human if I must. It doesn't have to be kinky, but I'd prefer it. I'm only going as long as just below chin length (a bob). Any advice is appreciated! Thanks in advance!

Platinum

I was going to get permanent loc extensions a few months ago but just decided that I really didn't want the extensions after all. I got my natural hair 2 strand twisted and I'm letting them loc. I think you should use human hair if you're keeping them. I watched countless YouTube videos and all of the professional suggest human hair. Check out Roni's Artistic Hands ( I forgot the name of her YouTube channel) and Damian Waters.

NIN4eva

Thanks, yes I watch both Roni and Damien. I'm pretty sure Damien would slap me just for posting that question. Sigh, lemme bust out this debit card.