Take the dang Vitamin! 30-day Challenge

I am in but I have a dilema... my multi vits are LOADED and they have some of the same ingredients that my hair skin and nail vits do, I don't want to double up on too many things plus my mutli requires 3 tabs a day, the hair vits require 2... should I take 2 multi and 1 hair vit...HELP!

I am in but I have a dilema... my multi vits are LOADED and they have some of the same ingredients that my hair skin and nail vits do, I don't want to double up on too many things plus my mutli requires 3 tabs a day, the hair vits require 2... should I take 2 multi and 1 hair vit...HELP!

Sorry I didn't get back to you but I called my nutrionist and asked him about your dilema; he said what particular ingredients are in both? Some things, like Vitamin D, Vitamin A, Vitamin C people usually don't get near enough of, so loading up on those isn't as bad; but some other stuff, you may need to ease up on.

If you overdo it on fat soluable ones, they get stored in your body, and that can be toxic.

If you overdo it on water soluable, your body will get rid of the excess through sweat or pee. So, it won't harm you, but you're wasting your money.

Thanks for the quick responses ladies! And yes I took my vits today! And I had 64 oz of water :) Ok here are the ingredients to my multi:

http://www.vitaminshoppe.com/store/en/browse/sku_detail.jsp?id=NW-1176

and here is the link to the ingredients in my hair,skin,nails vit:

http://www.vitaminshoppe.com/store/en/browse/sku_detail.jsp?id=CF-1090

my multi has alot of stuff in it... good stuff but I don't want to double up too much on the wrong things.... I took 2 multi's last night and 1 hair vit and today my energy was through the roof! (just got the hair vits yesterday):spinning:

Last edited:
I'm doing well so far...Took my vitamins too day and 1/2 of my water intake...Going to get the other half in while watching my favorite TV shows..Tonights TV night for me :grin:

Thanks for the quick responses ladies! And yes I took my vits today! And I had 64 oz of water :) Ok here are the ingredients to my multi:

http://www.vitaminshoppe.com/store/en/browse/sku_detail.jsp?id=NW-1176

and here is the link to the ingredients in my hair,skin,nails vit:

http://www.vitaminshoppe.com/store/en/browse/sku_detail.jsp?id=CF-1090

my multi has alot of stuff in it... good stuff but I don't want to double up too much on the wrong things.... I took 2 multi's last night and 1 hair vit and today my energy was through the roof! (just got the hair vits yesterday):spinning:

What type of hair vits do you take?

You already know what I'm about to ask...did you or did you not take your vitamins and drink your water today?

Helluuuuuuuuuuuur! I'm a newbie BUT I JUST bought my Biotin 5000mg (Nature's Bounty) yesterday and took it the same night. However, I really want to get in on this challenge. I don't have any thing else to take because I cannot swallow pills to save my life:blush:! (thus the 5000mg/daily instead of 1000 3x day) I'm determined this time around. I started on 13 December thus I'll end my challenge on 10 January.

Peace & Blessings!

Helluuuuuuuuuuuur! I'm a newbie BUT I JUST bought my Biotin 5000mg (Nature's Bounty) yesterday and took it the same night. However, I really want to get in on this challenge. I don't have any thing else to take because I cannot swallow pills to save my life:blush:! (thus the 5000mg/daily instead of 1000 3x day) I'm determined this time around. I started on 13 December thus I'll end my challenge on 10 January.

Peace & Blessings!

Welcome aboard!

Ladies...only a few more days left...have any of you finally incorporated vitamins and water into your diets?

Oh, I totally missed this when it started up - are you going to do another month long thread? I was JUST thinking that I have all these dang vitamins - I need to stop stocking up on them, and start TAKING them, danggone it.

:lachen:

Oh, I totally missed this when it started up - are you going to do another month long thread? I was JUST thinking that I have all these dang vitamins - I need to stop stocking up on them, and start TAKING them, danggone it.

:lachen:

I don't know...this has "challenge" was really lax and since I'm a real-live bootcamper now, I don't see why I can't squeeze in another 30-day thread! So, sure! maybe mid-January...with me going back to school and everything, my life is pretty hectic...:perplexed:ohwell:

I'm in...I'm currently taking the following:

• Treasured Locks H2G Hair Growth Vitamins
  • Gueye Hair Growth Vitamins
  • Probiotics
  • (2) Whole Food Supplements
  • FucoThin for weight loss
I also drink 4 litres of water daily, here's my schedule:
  • 1 bottle at 9 am
  • 1 bottle at 12 noon
  • 1 bottle at 3 pm
  • 1 bottle at 6 pm
I set up reminders on my outlook calendar to remind me to drink my water and take my vitamins!!

Well ladies, I officially have decided to stop buying vitamins and not using them. So, I'm starting a "Take the dang Vitamin! 30 Day Challenge" I just want to get taking vitamins down and see once and for all, if they really make a difference for me? Any takers?

The rules are simple:

-Use up that Biotin/Omega-3/Flaxseed oil/whatever vitamin you've bought, and get it down to a routine, neurological studies show that it takes at least 4-6 weeks to incorporate something new into your daily studies.
-Alsom drink enough water so that the vitamins carry through your system; no point in taking 50 million (yes, I said 50 million) vitamins if you drink one bottle of water a day.

My vitamins are:

Biotin
Flaxseed Oil
Omega-3 fish oil
A probiotic

Anybody tryna get in on the vitamin's healthy for life thing?

It starts Sunday, December 9th and ends January 6th, 2008.

p.s. I'm not compiling a list...I just don't feel like it. But you know if you're in and if you can't hang.

Oh what a good idea! I'm an anal organizer :spinning: and this is right on for me. I'll just be more lax at home but while at work; I mos def need to schedule it in.

Thanks!

I'm in...I'm currently taking the following:
  • Treasured Locks H2G Hair Growth Vitamins
  • Gueye Hair Growth Vitamins
  • Probiotics
  • (2) Whole Food Supplements
  • FucoThin for weight loss
I also drink 4 litres of water daily, here's my schedule:
  • 1 bottle at 9 am
  • 1 bottle at 12 noon
  • 1 bottle at 3 pm
  • 1 bottle at 6 pm
I set up reminders on my outlook calendar to remind me to drink my water and take my vitamins!!

Back