Taliah Waajid Lock It Up Gel Review

GreenD

Hi everyone,

Yesterday there was post about Taliah Waajid's mist bodifier, and I decided today I'd post my review on her Tight Hold Lock it Up Gel. So last night I decided to give it a go. I previously had my hair in cornrows (while under my wig), so braid by braid I took them out to see how my hair would like with twists. While twisting I discovered that this also defines your curls.

So I spritzed my hair with regular water, not dripping wet but enough and I added quite a bit of the tight hold to the small sections. And below are my results. Please be mindful that I used a lot on each section, and if you're going to test it out start out adding a little at a time, continuing to smooth it downward. You'll be able to tell when it's enough and the curl starts coming thru, if not add more. Don't feel bad being heavy handed with this product if you need to be. **Also don't be afraid if you see white product (when twisting), it disappears after your hair dries.**

Today since it's my wash day, I don't think my twist will stand the co-wash, so I'll probably be putting my hair back in cornrows. The hold of my twist are good without being hard, as my hair is actually soft but the product (for me) holds it enough to just keep the style. Got more playing around with it to do.

So below are before and after pics. I'm sorry for them being a bit blurry, but I think you can see where I'm going with it. In the last 3 pics you can see that the more I add the more the curls were defined.

Oh and this is important my hair is in the 3c/4a area.

I hope this helps someone and have fun using it!!

Last edited:

La Colocha

I just ordered some of their products, i looked at the lock it up but passed it up. I wonder if its too late to get it:look:.