Tangle Tamer Comb Anyone still using it??

virtuenow

I saw rave reviews about this detangling comb but I'm most concerned with whether it has that long time product staple "appeal". There was a post from 2005 and this summer 2011 about the product but not much between. Is anyone still using it and hows it going ( @Brighteyes35 @SmileyNY @Muse @dannie @GodMadeMePretty @fancypants007 @Armyqt @BrEE @sassygirl125 @cutebajangirl @tropicexotic ? Here are the links:

Amazon & reviews:
http://www.amazon.com/Remmington-DT-800-Remington-Tangle-Tamer/dp/B000JI9JYQ

Post from 2011:
http://www.longhaircareforum.com/showthread.php?t=557533

Post from 2004:
http://www.longhaircareforum.com/showthread.php?t=32053

Last edited:

dannie

Yep I still use mine from 2005!! Right before I do my touch ups I use it to get my new growth nice and detangled.

Try it, you wont be disappointed.

virtuenow

Yep I still use mine from 2005!! Right before I do my touch ups I use it to get my new growth nice and detangled.

Try it, you wont be disappointed.

Thanks Dannie (& for the prompt response!), I just hadn't heard anything from those who started using it back in 2004. Then the big gap and suddenly its mentioned introduced again this summer. I'm glad to see it still works. And thats a good track record. Anyone else?

StarScream35

virtuenow

Yep, I'm still going strong with mine. I love the thing. It handles new growth like a match made in heaven! I use it on both wet and dry hair. I agree with dannie, you won't be disappointed. You'll have hardly no broken hairs and as time goes on you'll see thicker ends and thicker hair in general. Detangling use to be the culprit of my thinned ends and broken hairs but not anymore!

Vshanell

FKA Pokahontas
At first I thought you meant Tangle Teezer but I see this is a different product. I'm not in the hair section much and this is the first i've heard of it. Is it supposed to better than the Tangle Teezer? I love the TT but all the reports of breakage and splits are putting me off of it.

StarScream35

Pokahontas

I used the Tangle Teezer and it was a hooot mess. It had me in tears after using it. It ripped and tore through my hair like a tornado. I had so much hair in the brush that I felt like I needed a shot of moonshine to calm me down. Needless to say, that mess went in the can. My road to recovery was took a few days but it took my hair about 2 month to recovery from that disaster. I loooove the Tangle Tamer. It's an electric detangler about the size of a curling iron. It doesn't rip my hair at all. It makes detangling sooooooooo effortless. You almost learn to become helpless using it. It's like crack to me. I'd be lost without it. I took a trip to New York recently and guess what I packed first??? I'm just saying, that's how bad I got it...............LOL!

Gemini350z

I never even heard of this, I will read through the old posts...

Hope we can get more updated reviews!

StarScream35

Gemini350z

I have to wonder why more people don't leave more reviews about this product. My only guess is, it's just that good that people just don't have anything to gripe about. I'll have to admit when a product is working good for me, I'll mention it once or twice and never think to keep people updated but lord, if a product is not working or messed up my hair, you and Steve Harvey gone know about it cause I'm gonna complain until I'm exhausted.........LOL!

Charla

The comb I use and love is also called Tangle Tamer but it's a different comb. I bought it at Sally's.
http://www.amazon.com/Krest-Tangle-...sr_1_4?s=beauty&ie=UTF8&qid=1316106181&sr=1-4

Gemini350z

@Gemini350z

I have to wonder why more people don't leave more reviews about this product. My only guess is, it's just that good that people just don't have anything to gripe about. I'll have to admit when a product is working good for me, I'll mention it once or twice and never think to keep people updated but lord, if a product is not working or messed up my hair, you and Steve Harvey gone know about it cause I'm gonna complain until I'm exhausted.........LOL!

lol I know thats right

This is the detangler comb I use, the reviews are not that great, but I have no complaints...I got it from Sallys back in 03 or 04

http://www.amazon.com/MEBCO-Tortoise-Shower-Detangler-Model/dp/B001BALMB4/ref=pd_rhf_p_t_4

virtuenow

@Gemini350z

That was my main concern. Since people have not left consistent reviews over the years (the big gap in time amazes me), I was wondering if this product was just a fad. I beg of you TT users to come out of the dark! We need more updates, whether good or bad.

StarScream35

lol I know thats right

This is the detangler comb I use, the reviews are not that great, but I have no complaints...I got it from Sallys back in 03 or 04

http://www.amazon.com/MEBCO-Tortoise-Shower-Detangler-Model/dp/B001BALMB4/ref=pd_rhf_p_t_4

I have seen this one before but never tried it. I say if it works for you then stick with it and don't change course. I know sometimes we get that itch to try something that is working for someone else when we already have something working for us and lord knows being on LHCF will make you do just that...........wanna try any and everythang! It's that bandwagon syndrome. You wanna jump on and try it too..........LOL! :lachen:

StarScream35

That was my main concern. Since people have not left consistent reviews over the years (the big gap in time amazes me), I was wondering if this product was just a fad. I beg of you TT users to come out of the dark! We need more updates, whether good or bad.

I went and looked at the posts and realized it was from 2004. I didn't even know the thing had been around that long. I just discovered it this year. I'm surprised they still make it. I wonder if many of those people are still around though? I didn't check their stats to get any details but I agree, it would be nice to hear from some of the sistas and see how it's working for them.

StarScream35

Maybe they all got butt length hair now, like the chic from Soul Train back in the day and feel they don't need to be on LHCF anymore. LOL! Just kidding.

Vshanell

FKA Pokahontas
^^That video terrified me, lol. It sounds like a pair of clippers. I don't like all the little ridges on the teeth either.

Muse

virtuenow I have had the Tangle Tamer for a few weeks now. I wanted to give it a good try. I LOVE it! I have only used it on damp hair but the next time I use it I will try it on dry hair. It does get the tangles out without ripping the hair out. I didn't realize how much hair I was pulling out before until I used the TT.

The one thing about it is I still have to use a comb. Because the teeth are so wide it gets the shed hairs right to the end but doesn't pull them out. So I need a finer tooth comb or Denman brush to pull out the sheds once they're untangled. I was hoping to ditch the regular comb all together. I do recommend it.

I didn't know ladies on the board were using this back in 2004!

krissyprissy

I only use mine for a final smooth down after detangling with my Magic star comb. I never use it on dry hair or to detangle my entire head.