*TANGLE TEEZER* is the truth....

AKA-Tude

I went back to Sally's and got the one I returned a couple of weeks ago.

The one in Sally's is cheaper than the compact one I wanted,
but had to order it AND pay shipping. NAW!!

Anyway, I used it on dry hair for detangling before finger coiling at night.

It made it easier to coil and the process went quicker than usual.

And I didn't lose many hairs-
MUCH less than my comb!

I didn't like the 'sound' it made while detangling
(someone else mentioned this),

but of the few times I have used it,
I see no damage as of yet.

I like it and will periodically use it.

Roux

has anyone found that once the teeth get a bit bent after frequent use that it takes a little longer to detangle?

divachyk

Instagram: adaybyjay
has anyone found that once the teeth get a bit bent after frequent use that it takes a little longer to detangle?
No - one of my bristles in slightly bent but works great. I purchased a replacement just in case it starts to cause issues. Also know I only use one half of the TT to detangle. I watch some yt vids where the ladies have placed the entire TT on a large section of hair. I don't. I detangle by using smaller sections and the smaller sections usually only take up one side of the TT.

SND411

A True Soldier Never Dies
No - one of my bristles in slightly bent but works great. I purchased a replacement just in case it starts to cause issues. Also know I only use one half of the TT to detangle. I watch some yt vids where the ladies have placed the entire TT on a large section of hair. I don't. I detangle by using smaller sections and the smaller sections usually only take up one side of the TT.

I usually use the one side that is smaller in diameter.

yardyspice

This one bandwagon I am glad I jumped on because this detangler is the biz. Ds woke up in the middle of me taking my weave down so I just finished and wet my hair, put in a bun, and wigged it. I knew my hair was going to be really tangled because you have to remove the shed hair before wetting or you have tangles like nobody's business. I decided to test the TT out and it worked like a charm. I couldn't really believe it was working so I detangled in the shower and got very little shedding. For those on the fence the Tangle Teezer isn't hype, it really works.

mrsjohnson75

I'm back. I got one yesterday and when I got home, I unbraided my hair (it was cornrowed under a wig), sprayed with Mane and Tail detangler and rubbed some Hello Hydration conditioner throughout. Let me tell you................................

LAWDHAMMERCY!!!!! IT works!:yep: I have never really fully detangled my hair since I have been completely natural and I was able to actually feel the bristles run through my scalp:drunk:. My hair was so detangled that I was able smooth it back into a bun and it was flat...FLAT!! My hair don't lay flat or so I thought.

Anyway it worked great for me and its a keeper!!! I'm so glad that I stumpled upon this thread :)

**ETA**
My hair is super thick so I had to detangle in multiple sections (8-10 ).

Last edited:

Amerie123

My review:
I finally tried it after taking out 12 week old braids. IMO, the teeth seemed like they may cause damage in the long run, because the tip of the teeth were too rough for my liking. Due to this, I didn't detangle the whole head. I did just one portion of my head, and while it did the job, I felt like I was ripping my hair due to those teeth. So, I guess I'll have to continue using the goody jojoba oil brush followed by the denman brush (which both has smooth teeth), as I've been doing, which is effective for me too.

afrikurl

I bought it yesterday. I called Sally's before I came and the lady said they just got some. She said she wanted to try it because everyone was coming in asking for them. I took out one of my kinky twists and finger detangled, then ran it through half of the twist . It was mehh. I put a little dab of lustrasilk on the other half of the twist. That was much better. I'm still on the fence though.

I took down one of DD's twists, and repeated the same experiment. I think it was good for her both ways but better wet. This weekend on wash day will decide the TT's fate. I am concerned about the ends of the teeth, they don't look smooth.

lovegymnasts

I said the only reason that I would give this beauty up is if it gave me mid-shaft splits.
It looks like I might be giving it up and gong back to the K-Cutter.
I'm seeing a lot more mid-shaft splits in my hair.

krissyprissy

I finally found one this week end at a Sally's out of town while visiting the in-laws. In relaxed and tried it both on dry and wet hair. It was ok on my dry hair but smooths like a breeze on my wet hair. I used it in the shower and out of the shower to smooth my hair back. I'm glad that I found one because I was about to order on from Ebay.

MyAngelEyez~C~U

I got my TT last week and tried it out on my DD's hair, and it detangled her hair without any tears :) I had my wash day yesterday, and it worked well on my hair, so it's a keeper for me.

Ms.Analeise

I will use what little restraint I have and not buy this product.
I have patches of fine hair throughout my hair, and I already know it will be splitsville down the road for me if I use it. Plus, I haven't used a comb or brush in my hair for well over a year and my hair is good, so why start now.

NuBraveHeart

bought one yesterday and tried it out today. fabulous. just, fabulous. i have that 4a/4b coilyness that tangles as soon as you detangle, but this thing works something serious. i bout a denman before and every time i used the bloody thing i would take brushfuls of hair out of it. i thought i was just a bad shedder, but i started paying more attention and was noticing WAY TOO MANY split ends. i baby the hair i have, so the splits had to be caused from the ripping it was doing to my hair on wash day.

i wash may hair once a week and twist and retwist each night at bedtime. so i only detangle once a week. after my wash today i detangled in four sections on wet hair loaded with conditioner (the same as i did with the denman) and i literally pulled out less than a gumball sized ball of shed hair. amazed. so amazed that i ran through it again to see what would happen, and NO hair came out from the four sections the second time through. i am definitely impressed with this $10 doohickey. it's a keeper.

Iluvsmuhgrass

I said the only reason that I would give this beauty up is if it gave me mid-shaft splits.

Thanks for the update. :yep: Going to keep an eye out for damage but so far so good.

anon123

Okay, after a more extended trial, I can say I love this thing. It is the only thing that will allow me to wash weekly but detangle every other week. I am now really impressed.

Amoreofcurls

My strands are still doing fine with this, and I have fine strands...I just make sure im using a very slippery leave in... I can now detangle my hair AFTER washing and conditioning...

Last edited:

Hersheygurl

Okay, I get what all of the fuss is about. I LOVE this thing!! It just glides through my hair with ease and cut my detangling time in half. I had been using the Denman with good results but I really had to take my time to avoid it ripping at my hair.

Not with the Tangle Teezer! I still am gentle about it, but it is just easier and faster than the denman, IMO. I was skeptical about the design of the TT since it doesn't have a handle, but I just love it. Stretching should be easier for me now. Not to mention the time it saves me detangling my DD's hair! Detangling a wiggly 3 year old's hair is not easy or fun, but she loves it now too! Will be picking up an extra from Sally's today.

Iluvsmuhgrass

I saw a review on it (actually a few) that said they wish they had been made for left handed folks. I sooo wanted to tell them that all you have to do is turn it upside down. :look:

.:Eden:.

I think I would completely love this if the teeth were rounded on the ends instead of that blunt cut. I believe the sharpness of the edges cuts through the hair. <----Mainly for people who have experience splits like myself from it.

Right now I'm just using it to remove the shed hair from my hands after I finger detangle, instead of it all over the sink.

It's now my Shed Hair Trap :evillaugh:

preciouslove0x

^^^ lol I was thinking the same thing. I actually think it fits better upside down for a left hander than both ways for a right hander (if that make sense).

divachyk

Instagram: adaybyjay

I noticed that my ends were getting split....

RIP My Tangle Teezer
So the buzz is starting to swirl that the TT is causing splits. Someone even started a thread about it. Can you please let me know how you used it? What did you look for to see that you had splits - being it midshaft or ends? How did you determine it resulted from the TT? This info will help me understand the good/bad that this product has in my regi.

I wash, condition, rinse, apply leave-ins and start air drying. When about 90% dry, I whip out the TT to start the detangling process. I find that wet detangling is way too much for my hair so detangling when almost dry, but not quite dry is best. I go slowly and detangle in small sections. I first run a wide tooth comb over the section to pre-detangle and then I will run the TT down the strands thereafter to smooth things out.

I know a product will never be 100% supported but I'm just trying to figure out where are you, me, or we in general going wrong with what seems to be a lovely gadget.

Not knocking the posters of various yt vids, but I could never run the TT through my hair like they demonstrate. They just grab a section of hair and strongly pull the TT through that section. :nono:

lovegymnasts

So the buzz is starting to swirl that the TT is causing splits. Someone even started a thread about it. Can you please let me know how you used it? What did you look for to see that you had splits - being it midshaft or ends? How did you determine it resulted from the TT? This info will help me understand the good/bad that this product has in my regi.

I wash, condition, rinse, apply leave-ins and start air drying. When about 90% dry, I whip out the TT to start the detangling process. I find that wet detangling is way too much for my hair so detangling when almost dry, but not quite dry is best. I go slowly and detangle in small sections. I first run a wide tooth comb over the section to pre-detangle and then I will run the TT down the strands thereafter to smooth things out.

I know a product will never be 100% supported but I'm just trying to figure out where are you, me, or we in general going wrong with what seems to be a lovely gadget.

Not knocking the posters of various yt vids, but I could never run the TT through my hair like they demonstrate. They just grab a section of hair and strongly pull the TT through that section. :nono:

This is my post copied from a different thread and yeah I know what you mean about the YT vids and how they demonstrated. I was like dang...smaller sections and gentler.

"I love the tangle teazer but yes it is giving me mid-shaft splits so I have stopped using it. I think I got it in November or early December and was loving it until I was fixing a twist at work and noticed splits so I started looking at other twists and noticed some more and then found a really big one.
So, we have to part ways. I used my K-Cutter again for the first time yesterday and already miss my TT. The TT would catch and hold all the shed hairs. Yesterday, they were catching on my hands, dropping on the floor and ending up in my towel again when I would wipe the shed hairs off my hands.
Boy do I miss my Tangle Teazer!

I used it once a week on wash day, on hair loaded with conditioner, on very small sections, and was very gentle."

JJamiah

Wire brushes and Brushes also have sharp teeth and such, Could it be something else?

I personally have no issues with the tangle teezer it is an awesome tool.

lovegymnasts

Wire brushes and Brushes also have sharp teeth and such, Could it be something else?

I personally have no issues with the tangle teezer it is an awesome tool.

I have an extremely steady regimen. It is the only thing I have changed.
I have had tiny mid-shaft splits before in areas where the hair curled/kinked but I think my TT made it worse. It has never been this bad.

JJamiah

Will keep an eye on this for the next few months to give it a 6 month review. Thanks for looking out.