*TANGLE TEEZER* is the truth....

NJoy

Here I grow again!
One more time dancing thru this thread. TT is my new gentle styling tool.

skipper

i guess my hair is getting a christmas present this year. grrrrrrrrr, i need to keep my pj behind in the ot section

coolhandlulu

Struttin' and stuntin'
i just bought one at Sally's. the cashier says they are selling like hotcakes. i just used it to detangle. the jury is still out on the amount of shedded hair lost. im really not sure if it made that much of a difference. maybe i just need to get the technique down. still it did NOT once feel like i was ripping through my hair like using the detangling comb or Denman does. It did go through my hair like it was butter. My scalp felt tingling afterwards like it had gotten a really nice massage.

g.lo

i have used it yesterday on wet hair and really cut my time down ( no wide comb, no denham), really pleased:drunk:.

Attachments

• IMG_0183.jpg
    IMG_0183.jpg
    196.1 KB · Views: 77
  • IMG_0185.jpg
    IMG_0185.jpg
    156.5 KB · Views: 69
  • IMG_0186.jpg
    IMG_0186.jpg
    119.9 KB · Views: 69

CurliDiva

The Sally's I went to last night only had one in black and I want pink! Yes, I color coordinate my hair tools :grin:

Vintageglam

I bought one on eBay - I buckled :yep:

I am not visting any more threads lamenting how great a product is. You ladies gonna have me busted and living on the street :nono:

FindingMe

aw shoot! well i hope they carry them in pink. shoot. ♥

:yep:

They do. I just got a pink one today.

They have pink. black, and purple with glitters.

:yep: I got all three styles. :lol:

One more time dancing thru this thread. TT is my new gentle styling tool.

Girl, I feel like dancing, too! I detangled my hair today DRY! Lawd, I am feeling JUST like that baby dancing in your post above.:lachen:

I bought one on eBay - I buckled :yep:

I am not visting any more threads lamenting how great a product is. You ladies gonna have me busted and living on the street :nono:

Join the club:ohwell:

Y'all make me sick, I swear :lol:

Sorrryy!:grin:

3jsmom

Moving to District 13
I'm going to buy three b/c my 11 yo will want the purple, my 14 yo will want black so that will leave me with the pink. :drunk:I can't wait to stop by Sally's and get them.

Neala21

i got the purple one....but by the sounds of I may have to go pick up an extra one before they all sell out or go up in price. lol

faithVA

@FindingMyself - Thanks for posting that these were at Sally's. I knew I wanted one but didn't feel like ordering online.

Took out braids of two months, threw water/oil mix in and balled it up into two "flat" twists. Nothing about my hair is ever flat. I looked at it when I got home and yep felt the fear. It's hard and pointy feeling and the teeth are close together. My hair is neck length, 4a, extremely dense, 75% shrinkage hair which has broken many a brush and comb even when straight. My hair laughed at the denman and tolerates the wide tooth.

So I start pulling the twist apart the best I could. My hair holds the last style it was put in especially wnen wet so it was a tangled, dry mess. I pulled out a patch and started at the ends and my hair loves this thing.

I hadn't washed my hair so I figured I would put it to the test after the braids. Put in some conditioner and detangled and it floated through my hair. I was able to braid my hair to the ends which I can never do. Shampood, conditioned. Tried is on my hair with no conditioner - loves it. Put in deep conditioner and tried it and it LOVES it. I started sing LTDs Love Ballad to my Tangle Teaser - "I have never been so much in love before."

I will be going to pick up 2 more tomorrow. I think this will make a difference with SSKs. I may actually be able to wear a wash and go. And it is the only way I will ever be able to get my hair in a bun without someone elses assistance.

Merry Christmas to Me! Merry Christmas to Me!

Merry Christmas to all Nikos Cousins

pureebony

hhhhmmmmm is it really that good though?!? i have very knotty ends and im a bit hesitant... my hair is a serious 4b i have discovered soo hhmmmm......

p.s i is still purchasing regardless :look: lmao!!

Last edited:

virtuenow

hhhhmmmmm is it really that good though?!? i have very knotty ends and im a bit hesitant... my hair is a serious 4b i have discovered soo hhmmmm......

Yes, it is that good.

I just bought 3 more today (one for myself, and gifts for others). Im not a pj & I rarely try new trends here and they usually sound so unbbelievable its a "joke". Im glad to report that this one is real and it works. I have never been able to pull a comb or brush through my dry natrual hair...Not until this. I had a praise break after I tried this brush and it glided thru my hair (thank you Jesus).

pureebony

Yes, it is that good.

I just bought 3 more today (one for myself, and gifts for others). Im not a pj & I rarely try new trends here and they usually sound so unbbelievable its a "joke". Im glad to report that this one is real and it works. I have never been able to pull a comb or brush through my dry natrual hair...Not until this. ,I had a praise break after I tried this brush and it glided thru my hair (thank you Jesus),.

:lachen::lachen:

im sold getting one tomorrow!

acapnleo

*sigh* I purchased one today :lol:

It is tough to recover from pjism when yall always raving bout somethin! :lol:

I tested it out on dd, so far so good... the test will be wet hair detangling!

TamedTresses

I really thought I would end up calling BS on this one. I am freshly relaxed and the Denman and my hair still doesn't make nice some days. Even though I am relaxed, I still had to remove every other row from my Denman. I think the fact that the bristles on the TT are flexible helps alot. So far the TT gets two thumbs up. :up: :up:

I only used it yesterday and today, but I like it so far. I'll post an update when my new growth comes in. I'm interested to see if my new growth will "tease" the TT.

dlove

I used this on my ever- shedding -from- not -combing - hair -in -6 -days DD's natural 4a thick hair tonight. I DC'd with AOWC in a baggy for 30 minutes. I combed through her hair first with her little magic mini detangling comb then the TT. She only lost a quarter size of hair. She got smooth ends and thoroughly detangled hair and shed no tears.

This is a keeper. I wish it had a handle though. I kept dropping it.

FINAL VERDICT: TT is Terrific!!

Last edited:

anon123

Hmm, I may give this a try. I also have hair similar to Mwezdi (shout-out), but a bit more kinky (85-90% shrinkage) and thick stranded, and dry. Isn't detangling w/a denman or brush like the Teezer similar to using four combs at once to detangle??? It scares me to think about detangling with a brush. I stored my denman away after one attempt to detangle with it. I'm talking "rip city".

This comb has been popular on the (mostly straight hair) LHC, but I ignored it because I don't expect what works for them to work for my hair type. I know that you now endorse this comb so I'll give it a try. :yep: The denman was a major fail for me, too, despite all its raves. TT may help, but I just refuse to believe it can glide through my hair without ripping it out. My hair knots and the knots are tight. There's no way anything can go through them without ripping them and I usually have to use my fingers and spend a long time manually detangling them or just cut them. To give y'all an idea, my hair has been straightened and it still took me 10 minutes to comb through it with a wide tooth comb. :yep: But I don't need it to glide, I just need it to do better than other tools I've tried. I will put this Tangle Teezer to a real test!

Last edited:

dlove

^^^ cant wait to hear your review mwedzi. Can I get a whoop whoop from the LHCF followers? LOL

FindingMe

I know. That's how I roll, too. PJ-ism. :nono: Sucks. This tool doesn't though, for me. :spinning:

Yes, it is that good.

I just bought 3 more today (one for myself, and gifts for others). Im not a pj & I rarely try new trends here and they usually sound so unbbelievable its a "joke". Im glad to report that this one is real and it works. I have never been able to pull a comb or brush through my dry natrual hair...Not until this. I had a praise break after I tried this brush and it glided thru my hair (thank you Jesus).

Girl, I been singing, too, I am so happy!:yep:

I used this on my ever- shedding -from- not -combing - hair -in -6 -days DD's natural 4a thick hair tonight. I DC'd with AOWC in a baggy for 30 minutes. I combed through her hair first with her little magic mini detangling comb then the TT. She only lost a quarter size of hair. She got smooth ends and thoroughly detangled hair and shed no tears.

This is a keeper. I wish it had a handle though. It kept dropping it.

FINAL VERDICT: TT is Terrific!!

I was thinking the same thing. Or even one of those handles that loop over the back of the brush just to keep it on your hand/slide your hand in. I think some of the design is so that you hold it in the palm of your hand (vs with a handle like the denman) which creates less leverage and thereby less tension on the hair...maybe? :perplexed

This comb has been popular on the (mostly straight hair) LHC, but I ignored it because I don't expect what works for them to work for my hair type. I know that you now endorse this comb so I'll give it a try. :yep: The denman was a major fail for me, too, despite all its raves. TT may help, but I just refuse to believe it can glide through my hair without ripping it out. My hair knots and the knots are tight. There's no way anything can go through them without ripping them and I usually have to use my fingers and spend a long time manually detangling them or just cut them. To give y'all an idea, my hair has been straightened and it still took me 10 minutes to comb through it with a wide tooth comb. :yep: But I don't need it to glide, I just need it to do better than other tools I've tried. I will put this Tangle Teezer to a real test!

Oooohhh, I can't wait to hear!!! Please update us after your use!

*side note* Girl, if it works well for you, pm me first before you post so I can go out and stock up on them bc they will for sure sell out if you like it for your lustrous MBL hair!!! :lachen:

^^^ cant wait to hear your review mwedzi. Can I get a whoop whoop from the LHCF followers? LOL

WHOOP WHOOP!~:spinning:

JayAnn0513

I make 30 look good!
Ok got mine the other day. I just used it in the shower and OMG. Here is a recent hair pic so you can see what I'm working with. I say I'm a 3c/4a.

I used the TT in the shower with just water then again with kera care humecto, then a 3 rd time to vrush threw my version of Kimmy's leave in. This is how much hair that was in the brush after all that.

I'm going back to Sallys to get one for my sister's stocking stuffer! This brush is the truth!!!