*TANGLE TEEZER* is the truth....

FindingMe

OMG - Just got one at Sally's. It has changed me and my daughter's detangling routine dramatically. For the better.:grin:

I used to use fingers, then wide tooth comb, then denman to detangle my wet hair under running water, with conditioner on- mind you.

Now I just use the Teezer by itself, starting at the bottom and after 4-5 runs through, each section is tangle free. No wide tooth comb, no finger combing, no nothing. I even tried it on detangling dry hair and it worked. :spinning:

I then used it to take down my 4 yr old daughter's cornrows that had been in for a couple of weeks and it did the job in half the time it usually takes. No lie.

No pulling. No yanking. No ouchies. What?!?!:drunk:

I started at the bottom and used it to comb out each braid and cornrow. She didn't hardly flinch or yell.

I am going to Sally's tomorrow to purchase about 4 more on the off chance that 1) no one else understands what a little marvel this thing is and they happen to discontinue it or 2) everyone realizes how cool it is and they raise the price.

Whatever, I am getting a stockpile bc my four year old will need one when she gets to be a teen for her WnG's. :look:

I'm that serious about this thing.:lachen:

Oh, and did I tell you, I lost less hair in the tool than is normally in my Denman!!!!!!! What?!

Tangle Teezer. Tangle Teezer - Dramatically reduce hair breakage, splitting, and damage due to mistreatment of your hair

Google it.:yep:

ETA: My advice to anyone trying this is tool is to just use it following the normal detangling routine you've decided works best for your hair.

If you detangle on dry hair in small sections with oil or if you detangle wet in the shower with conditioner and running water, etc. just use the tool with that method and see how it works. Ex.- I can (have) used it for dry detangling and it's gentle, but that's not my fave method and for me it takes too long, so I prolly won't use the tool like that in the future.

Also, the tool has short teeth that "tease" the tangles out, so I have found that I have to work in small sections and work through layers, alternating the brush on top and under the section of hair, as I detangle bc my hair is thick and coarse. But there is no pain and it doesn't pull, so I love it for me and my daughter. Again, wet w/ conditioner works the best for me, but that's the best method I've found for detangling my hair using any tool. HTH

Last edited:

FindingMe

I thought it was a load of rubbish 'cause it looks like a bar of soap with some bristles, but I saw some you-tubers talking about how well it worked, so I said $10 isn't that much to invest. Wish I had done it sooner.

ParagonTresses

EmpressRi pushed this on me and MADE me order one after seeing her review the other day.:blush: I am using it tonight when I wash/detangle, I'm pre-pooing (really, I'm just being lazy) as I type. If I remember I'll come back with my verdict...

EllePixie

:lol: Is it seamless?

I did a thorough examination of the teeth JUST for you hannan :yep: and I didn't see any seams on them. Come to think of it...I'm about to go buy another one in case Sally's tries to increase the price as they get more popular.

jamaica68

I did a thorough examination of the teeth JUST for you hannan :yep: and I didn't see any seams on them. Come to think of it...I'm about to go buy another one in case Sally's tries to increase the price as they get more popular.

:lachen:It has more teeth than the denman(d3) which is why I'm leery about out it, it looks like it would rip your hair out.:perplexed

EllePixie

:lachen:It has more teeth than the denman(d3) which is why I'm leery about out it, it looks like it would rip your hair out.:perplexed

ME TOO! But I used one and I hadn't detangled in like 3 days (the regular for me), so my hair wasn't SUPER tangled, but it wasn't a sunny picnic either...here's how much hair I lost -

I was sold!

hannan

Thanks, girl!

eta: You should make a video, Elle. Or a post on your blog. :look:

Last edited:

TamedTresses

I just can't win with y'all. :whyme: Everyday there is a new rave. I leave the Hair Forum and go over to the Makeup Forum...it's a whole other ball game over there. They are the hardest pushas on the board. I got so much make-up to go on this one face of mine. I go to Off Topic and they're talking about the "best thing they ever ate" so I gotta go to these restaurants and try them out. Dang!

On another note, I will be picking this up next week. Y'all leave one on the shelf for me. :sekret: It's not my fault...I've been PUSHED! :lol:

iri9109

ME TOO! But I used one and I hadn't detangled in like 3 days (the regular for me), so my hair wasn't SUPER tangled, but it wasn't a sunny picnic either...here's how much hair I lost -

I was sold!

i think i need one in my life...mostly the PJ in me needs one...

do you detangle on wet or dry hair?

Sianna

I just might have to add this to my incredibly loooooonnnnng "Must Try" list. :ohwell:

I'll never get my PJ'ism under control dealing with you guys! :lol:

preciouslove0x

Just bought one at 7:30 after reading OP's review at 6:49 (don't judge me).

Procedure:
Washed and conditioned my 4b natural hair
Added my usual oils and leave-in
Used the tangle-teezer on very small sections (like usual like i would with my denman)

Verdict:
Don't like it at all.. I rather just use my wide teeth comb and my denman (which I had no problem with to begin with lol)
Oh well...

ETA:
UPDATE*
I returned it around the time I originally made this post. Last week.... I bought it again.... I don't know maybe I was wanting it to not work :perplexed AFTER REVISITING and using larger, thicker sections because of my hair being very fine, I FREAKIN LOVE IT!!! Sorry for the poor review the first go around.....I just couldn't believe that this plastic little comb would be a gift from God. But it is what it is. :blush:
The key is to use larger, thicker sections if your hair is fine (but still start from the ends and move upward).

Last edited:

NJoy

Here I grow again!
I'm not gonna lie. I'm headed out tomorrow to get one to try for myself. Definitely willing to give it a whirl. :yep:

taj

THANK YOUUUUU!! LOL!!!!!:grin: I have to try this, my hair tangles extremely bad!!

FlowerHair

Reclaiming my time
I'm happy to read good reviews on this brush, I'm thinking about buying one for my god daughter for Christmas along with some hair products.

preciouslove0x

@preciouslove0x: what didn't you like about it?

It didn't detangle my hair. I started on the ends and it did an okay job for about half an inch :lachen:Then I tried to move up... the teeth are too small for my fine kinky hair. Honestly I think my hair just didn't get the concept. It looked at the "teezer" and laughed. No but really I was scared my fine hair was going to snap any minute so I had to REALLY take my time.

But I DO see how this would work great on maybe 3C and less coarse hair. Just not my kinky hair... Save your money. If you have a comb and a denman (or just a denman) and those tools work fine for you.. yea your good.
The teezer is going back tomorrow (so someone else on LHCF can try it :look:)

Evolving78

i was looking at the tangle teezer the other day, but decided to go with the denman. when i used the denman , i barely lost any hair. i think my hair texture might be too much for the TT?

Evolving78

It didn't detangle my hair. I started on the ends and it did an okay job for about half an inch :lachen:Then I tried to move up... the teeth are too small for my fine kinky hair. Honestly I think my hair just didn't get the concept. It looked at the "teezer" and laughed. No but really I was scared my fine hair was going to snap any minute so I had to REALLY take my time.

But I DO see how this would work great on maybe 3C and less coarse hair. Just not my kinky hair... Save your money. If you have a comb and a denman (or just a denman) and those tools work fine for you.. yea your good.
The teezer is going back tomorrow (so someone else on LHCF can try it :look:)

ITA- that's what i was thinking when i saw it the other day. it looks like it would have been good for me when i was relaxed, but now, i don't think so! :lachen:

fluffyforever

I was just about to come on this forum and post the EXACT same thread... The Tangle Teezer is the Truth. I bough mine last night from Sallys. I really thought it was not going to work. I opened the box in the store to feel the brush, and I didn't like how the bristles are kind of sharp/hard, but at least they were flexible. I didn't think it was going to work.

BUT IT DID.

Test #1: I took down one twist in the car (made my DH drive just so I can examine the brush) and I could comb it out no problem, my dry shrunken twistout! I can never think of brushing/combing/finger manipulating dry hair-- it just won't work. But for some reason, this brush is magic :)

Test #2: I got home, put some water on my hair (which is how I normally detangle) and it worked even better than before. It worked so well, I let my DH brush my hair. In my 4 years of being natural, I have never felt so confident about the ease and safe handling of anyone besides me to style my hair. But if someone uses this brush on me, I would have no problem letting them style my hair. It is that serious.

Test #3: When I had APL/BSL hair, it would take 3-4+ hours to detangle. I predict it would take me 30 mins or less when my hair gets that long again. My hair is similar to Mwedzi and Sera. More like Mwedzi though. Now (I cut it to 2-4 inches about a month ago) it took 5 mins to detangle a head of wet loose hair and twist, when just last week it took 40 mins. Detangle session was painless, no tugging whatsoever.

Test #4: After I brushed my hair, it was so smooth and soft. Did it change the feel of my hair? I swear it did. Somehow my brilo pad, rough strands felt a bit silkier if that is possible. I know my strands are always going to feel on the thick hard side, but I really do think my hair was smoother and softer.

Test #5: The next day (today). My wet detangled hair has dried in the chunky twists I put them in. My hair actually stayed in the chunky twists no problem, and the hair still felt smooth. It was also still detangled. Ever detangle your hair and two seconds later you couldn't get a comb through again? Use to happen to me, but no more!

5 out of 5 stars. I do not think my rating is premature. Yes, I only used the brush once, but if you have my hair, if you cannot use a Denman, if you cannot use any comb or brush you have and have the experience that I experienced last night (yes it was a mind-blowing/ out-of-body type of thing), then you need to at least try this brush.

I am going to get some as gifts for the naturals in my family.