*TANGLE TEEZER* is the truth....

s4pphir3

gurrrrrrrrrrl u mean u can stomach emp's YT videos???:look:

jus kidding:rolleyes:....(i had to) that was a funny 10 minute thread tho:lachen::lachen::lachen:

i bought a few of the TT's last nite for the fam.... hope it's a dream

:lachen: Girl stop before you get this thread shut down too .. I love empress ri but dang ya'll gotta stop making me spend $$ like this :lol:

HennaRo

Ok I bought this right after watching Ri's video. Half my head is 4a...it get tangles really easy, the half is 4b which mattes together and is shorter than my 4a hair also it's at the crown..of course! Used it just like I would my modified denman. It didn't pull my hair out but I always loose a good amount anyways. It didn't hurt my hand which is another huge plus. Yesterday I detangled with my modified denman and yea my love affair with the teazer is over with lol. I lost less hair with the denman plus my hair was more defined.

empressri

gurrrrrrrrrrl u mean u can stomach emp's YT videos???:look:

jus kidding:rolleyes:....(i had to) that was a funny 10 minute thread tho:lachen::lachen::lachen:

i bought a few of the TT's last nite for the fam.... hope it's a dream

ya bad azzzzz :lachen::lachen::lachen:

hell my motto is if you dont like it let the door hit ya where the good Lord split ya! no love lost lol

empressri

:lachen: Girl stop before you get this thread shut down too .. I love empress ri but dang ya'll gotta stop making me spend $$ like this :lol:

listen with your GORGEOUS perfect curls. shh!!!! i bet you can use one thing on those coils and run out the door.

An_gell

I love the tangle teezer!! I have been using it since Sept and completely stop using combs. I do use my denman still, and that's just to slick it back into a ponytail for a nice thick bun. The teeth are very gently, I have noticed also when I oil my scalp and then go over it with the teezer it gives me a nice scalp massage and helps spread the oil evenly over my scalp cuz I feel my scalp tingling afterwards. I loose less hair when detangling with it and I am a 4b with lots of shrinkage, so I only detangle on dry hair. My hair tangles way too much when wet to use the teezer. But I do think it is a good investment. I'm going to buy another one for my daughter's hair and one more just to have in case I loose the to other one or it's damaged in some way.

s4pphir3

listen with your GORGEOUS perfect curls. shh!!!! i bet you can use one thing on those coils and run out the door.

Awww thanks sis :love2:

Perfect curls my big toe! These suckers have a mind of their own , your hair on the other hand :thud: :lol:

Now how about you lend me some of your thickness and we'll call it even :grin:

virtuenow

Hmm, I may give this a try. I also have hair similar to Mwezdi (shout-out), but a bit more kinky (85-90% shrinkage) and thick stranded, and dry. Isn't detangling w/a denman or brush like the Teezer similar to using four combs at once to detangle??? It scares me to think about detangling with a brush. I stored my denman away after one attempt to detangle with it. I'm talking "rip city".

LoveCraze

Naturalista
Hmm, I may give this a try. I also have hair similar to Mwezdi (shout-out), but a bit more kinky (85-90% shrinkage) and thick stranded, and dry. Isn't detangling w/a denman or brush like the Teezer similar to using four combs at once to detangle??? It scares me to think about detangling with a brush. I stored my denman away after one attempt to detangle with it. I'm talking "rip city".

The Teezer will glide over your hair to remove knots without ripping it out.:yep:

An_gell

@ virtuenow I hated my denman when I first got it, but every since I modified it and removed all rows except three I really like it. BTW your hair is sooo pretty and thick.

@StephElise yep it does, it looks intimidating due to all the bristles but it's very gentle.

Honi

There is no board.
If this worked on matted parts I would buy. She gets these little knots that are hella hard to get out. I know this would not work for my little one.

NJoy

Here I grow again!
I got one today. They were sold out at my usual Sally's and flying of the shelves at the one that I was able to find it. I was anxious to try it out so, I immediately tried it out onmy poor unsuspecting, tender-headed, thick 4A/4B daughter...dry. She likes towear her hair in a big afro puff which is only really detangled when washed and just has the edges brushed up in place while the hairline edges are braided down. And, truthfully, the tangle teaser looked like a punk by comparison. And when I unleashed the hair to expose the magnitude of the beast, I got scared and decided to start with a 2" section.

TT breezed through it, uncoiling while we were amazed. I did work tip to root because of my doubt. But, when she said it felt like I was using a soft brush, I couldn't believe it. I grabbed another section and went root to tip. Not only was it detangling it, it was smoothing it, making he dry hair look shinier. What the?! Then I flipped her hair up, heading straight for the kitchen. Clean up was a breeze, pain-free and looked silkier.

I took the two hairline braids loose and used a detangling comb on one and the TT on the other. TT was painless. The comb was not.

i'm going to try it when washinh her hair next but, we give it two thumbs up.

Also, I was so excited that I thought i'd try it on my hair next. I detangled half my head yesterday and gave up becuz my ng was showing out. Decided to wait on TT. My hair was moisturized from last night and I did a whole head bagy so my hair was damp. TT breezed through my ng and laid it down beautifully. I'll also try it in my hair at my next cowash but, for me, two thumbs up.

I've never tried a Denman so, I can't compare them. But uh, we can definitely work with TT at our house. :yep:

Eiano

I got one today. They were sold out at my usual Sally's and flying of the shelves at the one that I was able to find it. I was anxious to try it out so, I immediately tried it out onmy poor unsuspecting, tender-headed, thick 4A/4B daughter...dry. She likes towear her hair in a big afro puff which is only really detangled when washed and just has the edges brushed up in place while the hairline edges are braided down. And, truthfully, the tangle teaser looked like a punk by comparison. And when I unleashed the hair to expose the magnitude of the beast, I got scared and decided to start with a 2" section.

TT breezed through it, uncoiling while we were amazed. I did work tip to root because of my doubt. But, when she said it felt like I was using a soft brush, I couldn't believe it. I grabbed another section and went root to tip. Not only was it detangling it, it was smoothing it, making he dry hair look shinier. What the?! Then I flipped her hair up, heading straight for the kitchen. Clean up was a breeze, pain-free and looked silkier.

I took the two hairline braids loose and used a detangling comb on one and the TT on the other. TT was painless. The comb was not.

Also, I was so excited that I thought i'd try it on my hair next. I detangled half my head yesterday and gave up becuz my ng was showing out. Decided to wait on TT. My hair was moisturized from last night and I did a whole head bagy so my hair was damp. TT breezed through my ng and laid it down beautifully. I'll also try it in my hair at my next cowash but, for me, two thumbs up.

I've never tried a Denman so, I can't compare them. But uh, we can definitely work with TT at our house. :yep:

um yeah so your hair is amazing... :)

Honi

There is no board.

:mad: I'm soooo not liking you right now! Sheesh! :lol: I guess I may do a drive by and pick one up by accident :sekret:

Last edited:

it_comes_naturally

Thanks so much for this thorough review. I bought the tangle teezer yesterday and have been thinking about taking it back all day (before even trying it). :perplexed

Ms_CoCo37

AWWW MAN! My left eye is twitching!...can't...resist...urge to purchase TT :chocbunny:

I'm always looking for help with this mass of tangles that I call hair. I was actually at Sally's this past Saturday. I was so busy drooling over the fact that Hair One has come out with an Argan oil version that I didn't even bother to really look through the store.

I'm hitting Sally's up before my next wash fo sho!:yep:

Thanks for sharing OP!

keepithealthy

@ virtuenow I hated my denman when I first got it, but every since I modified it and removed all rows except three I really like it. BTW your hair is sooo pretty and thick.

@StephElise yep it does, it looks intimidating due to all the bristles but it's very gentle.

I had the same experience with the denman.

Yeah it sounded like it was ripping her hair out in that vid. But when she showed how little hair was lost I was sold.....

Guitarhero

I'm sad...

I wanna try this but Sally's won't ship the TT to Canada.

Just the TT or any product? They have on their website big as day that they ship to Canada now. I don't know why they waited so long in the first place :look: Hope you inquire again. Maybe call the 1800 phone number.

RE: TT....I bought one and combed my hair today. Much less broken hair but it sounds like you are combing it with a velcro strip and that you're shredding it. Awful sound but it works. Another plus is the scalp massage it gives.

virtuenow

Can't believe it but I just bought the tangle teezer. it better work! If it doesn't, I'm never buying anything else you guys suggest again (ha)!

Kacie

I purchased one yesterday and tried it on a small section of DD's 4b hair this morning and she didn't complain plus the hair was so shiny afterwards. Next I tried it on my coiled up 4a/b 16 week post ng...the TT had my ng feeling as though it was flat ironed.

About 1 hour later, I was back at Sally's for another.

virtuenow

Whaaaa, this comb is incredibly gentle! I guarantee you I have the kinkiesssst hair on lhcf and it's combing right through my dry hair as we speak...No pain, no ripping...Just a very gentle glide thru this 4b-dry natural hair. Plus my hair feels so soft. I'm very confused right now. I was prepared to take it right back to Sally's.

NJoy

Here I grow again!
I'm back to add another note. So I used th TT on my moisturized hair to twist up my hair. I encountered a big tangle and decided to put TT to work. It did come out. I was happy with that. So I finished up my hair and decided to inspect the hairs in TT. 'mind you, there weren't many but, I usually check at least some hairs always to make sure that they're sheds. Well, I wasn't too happy to find the first few hair in TT wer NOT sheds. 'k, I'm not used to that.

I will say, I did put protein in my hair last night and I am 21 weeks post so, I may have underestimated the pull that those flimsy teeth exert and I need to remember my stretch. I still say it's a great buy but warn you not to get all happy and just underestimate it. It's likely my bad but I just wanted to say that.

and to it's credit, the hairs in TT after my daighter's hair was a small fraction of what I usually get, and I mean small!

stretchers and transitioners, be gentle. It was not much but any breakage is too much for me. Will I still use it during my stretch? Yes. Carefully and sparingly..like I should've already known.

ok. Carry on.

virtuenow

I And, truthfully, the tangle teaser looked like a punk by comparison. And when I unleashed the hair to expose the magnitude of the beast, I got scared and decided to start with a 2" section....

I grabbed another section and went root to tip. Not only was it detangling it, it was smoothing it, making he dry hair look shinier. What the?! Then I flipped her hair up, heading straight for the kitchen. Clean up was a breeze, pain-free and looked silkier.

...two thumbs up.

Oh you know you'll like it.:yep:

You got me Steph Elise! NJoy, those were my thouhts exactly. The Tangle teezer looked so wimpy next to my thick bush of hair!! I said, "there is no way...it may have worked on others, but not this hair"! That little brush is so mysterious. It also made my hair soft and shiny. I don't even have a soft grade of hair....I'm still very confused:nono::spinning:

NJoy

Here I grow again!
um yeah so your hair is amazing... :)

I purchased one yesterday and tried it on a small section of DD's 4b hair this morning and she didn't complain plus the hair was so shiny afterwards. Next I tried it on my coiled up 4a/b 16 week post ng...the TT had my ng feeling as though it was flat ironed.

About 1 hour later, I was back at Sally's for another.

Exactly!! :yep:

Neala21

So as a PJ and with my interest peeked I went to Sallys today to get me a TT (in purple). :look: I've got to learn to say no. lol!

I'm will make this quick as possible...

My Hair Background - 4a-Cotton-Thick-Tiny Corkscrews Currently 7-9" inches in length, Tenderheaded

So i decided to do a quick trial because I was anxious to use yet working with a short attention span based on long day at work.

Experiment 1: TT on Fresh Shampoo Hair, No Products
Okay so I was like :blush: and then :yep: where have you been hiding. This indeed impressed me to know that the TT just glided through my cotton kinks with ease without the aid of conditioner. Might I add no pain, no snapping of my strands or snagging.

vs Same experiment with my old-handy-dandy Denman. I've been using denman so long so it's been there to help me out with the detangling for quite some time. I've always hated the snagging/ripping. Yes it rips my hair most times. :nono:

The only time I've been able to prevent the snagging it to load my hair with lots of conditioner and be in the shower with running water or have a soaking wet head. But for this experiment it did indeed rip again but I did notice that it can still define/clump my hair with no products so that was a sad plus. A good sad - I think it could tell I was trying to let it go and move on to a new love.

Experiment 2: TT with Conditioner. This only enhanced my detangling process to new heights :grin:; I didn't need to retest the same experiment with the denman as that's how i usually detangle my hair before the TT came into play today.

So TT is in for good until it does me wrong. I think the reason why it works for me a lot better is the teeth sizing on the TT vs Denman. TT teeth are .25 to 1/2 inch in length in alternating rows while Denman teeth are 2x thicker at approx 1" in with universal length throughout all the rows.

Plus i think Denman adds more tension to my strands than I need it to. I will continue to use the Denman for aid with ponytails due to I did try the TT for styling into the ponytail and it was alright but did not give me the help that i needed from it.

I will definitely test it out more when I'm not rushing. But I think its great overall for 4a cotton highly densed (with fine strands).

Kacie

IA with NJoy. Stretchers have to remember that line of demarcation. It'll never be that easy, detangle by hand before using the TT.