*TANGLE TEEZER* is the truth....

g.lo

OMG - Just got one at Sally's. It has changed me and my daughter's detangling routine dramatically. For the better.:grin:

I used to use fingers, then wide tooth comb, then denman to detangle my wet hair under running water, with conditioner on- mind you.

Now I just use the Teezer by itself, starting at the bottom and after 4-5 runs through, each section is tangle free. No wide tooth comb, no finger combing, no nothing. I even tried it on detangling dry hair and it worked. :spinning:

I then used it to take down my 4 yr old daughter's cornrows that had been in for a couple of weeks and it did the job in half the time it usually takes. No lie.

No pulling. No yanking. No ouchies. What?!?!:drunk:

I started at the bottom and used it to comb out each braid and cornrow. She didn't hardly flinch or yell.

I am going to Sally's tomorrow to purchase about 4 more on the off chance that 1) no one else understands what a little marvel this thing is and they happen to discontinue it or 2) everyone realizes how cool it is and they raise the price.

Whatever, I am getting a stockpile bc my four year old will need one when she gets to be a teen for her WnG's. :look:

I'm that serious about this thing.:lachen:

Oh, and did I tell you, I lost less hair in the tool than is normally in my Denman!!!!!!! What?!

Tangle Teezer. Tangle Teezer - Dramatically reduce hair breakage, splitting, and damage due to mistreatment of your hair

Google it.:yep:

bought one last may, and for whatever reason never even took it out of the box and forgot about it! i am going to dig it out and use it today (hope it works):drunk:.

Kinkyhairlady

This thing looks like it would rip out my 4B hair! Hell I will try anything so I will get it anyways but it just does not look like it will glide through.

I work at Sally's and no one is buying these things!!! We have moved them througout the store just so folks can see them better!!! I guess I'll pick one up since my denman has suspiciously vanished... I'll try it.

*edited to add*

Sally's is getting Mixed Chicks and some other natural friendly lines in 2011.

wavezncurlz

LHCF addict
Now I wanna try. My hair easily detangles but I lose a lot. If this helps with the hairloss, I'm in. Also, want to try it for my 4a daughter.

Kacie

This thing looks like it would rip out my 4B hair! Hell I will try anything so I will get it anyways but it just does not look like it will glide through.

I wouldn't attempt to make the TT "glide" through. IMO, you have to help it along.

Lynn84

I need to buy one of these today. Hopefully it will help me stretch longer than 4 months if it can tackle the tangles.

winnettag

I work at Sally's and no one is buying these things!!! We have moved them througout the store just so folks can see them better!!! I guess I'll pick one up since my denman has suspiciously vanished... I'll try it.

*edited to add*

Do you know which haircare lines besides mixed chicks? :look: :grin:

Crystalicequeen123

Okay, I just ordered mine! You ladies are turning me into a product junkie again!!! :lol:

It looks cute, and the rave reviews here and on Sally's site just lured me in. Couldn't hurt to at least TRY it right? I hope it works.

Who knows?? Maybe someone should let KimmayTube know about this brush. It might cut her 4-hour detangling sessions in half. :giggle: :wasntme: :giggle: Let me stop...

Shay72

Natural, 4A
So now I'm thinking I should take the long way to this program I'm going to visit so I can swing through Sally's. Naw I will go after work because I will be in there way too long. I do plan to purchase this today :yep:.

FindingMe

If this worked on matted parts I would buy. She gets these little knots that are hella hard to get out. I know this would not work for my little one.

My daughter has very silky fine 3c/4a spirals that tangles and snarls like nobodys business. Her hair is much thinner than mine, but it's much harder to detangle than mine. Detangling wasn't very hard for me, ut for her, it was murder bc 1) she's 4, 2) she's tender headed and 3) I usually leave her in cornrows or a braided style for a couple of weeks washig hair with the braids in after the first week.

It worked for her. On dry hair. She didn't cry. :look: That was enough for me to go out and get like 5 more to make sure I never ran out.

Can't believe it but I just bought the tangle teezer. it better work! If it doesn't, I'm never buying anything else you guys suggest again (ha)!

:lol: I have been "got" by so many fads on this board, so I understand. I truly hope it works for you, though bc it has helped me a lot here in my home

Whaaaa, this comb is incredibly gentle! I guarantee you I have the kinkiesssst hair on lhcf and it's combing right through my dry hair as we speak...No pain, no ripping...Just a very gentle glide thru this 4b-dry natural hair. Plus my hair feels so soft. I'm very confused right now. I was prepared to take it right back to Sally's.

It's very confusing. I stared at it for like 15 min after I did my daughter's hair to try to figure it out. After that, I just rinsed it out just and decided to go with it.

I'm back to add another note. So I used th TT on my moisturized hair to twist up my hair. I encountered a big tangle and decided to put TT to work. It did come out. I was happy with that. So I finished up my hair and decided to inspect the hairs in TT. 'mind you, there weren't many but, I usually check at least some hairs always to make sure that they're sheds. Well, I wasn't too happy to find the first few hair in TT wer NOT sheds. 'k, I'm not used to that.

I will say, I did put protein in my hair last night and I am 21 weeks post so, I may have underestimated the pull that those flimsy teeth exert and I need to remember my stretch. I still say it's a great buy but warn you not to get all happy and just underestimate it. It's likely my bad but I just wanted to say that.

and to it's credit, the hairs in TT after my daighter's hair was a small fraction of what I usually get, and I mean small!

stretchers and transitioners, be gentle. It was not much but any breakage is too much for me. Will I still use it during my stretch? Yes. Carefully and sparingly..like I should've already known.

ok. Carry on.

Thanks! I never thought ab how it would work on transitioners or ladies who stretch their relaxers. Great review!:yep:

*edited to add*

:hiya: I'ma need you to be a little more specific...:lachen:

Okay, I just ordered mine! You ladies are turning me into a product junkie again!!! :lol:

It looks cute, and the rave reviews here and on Sally's site just lured me in. Couldn't hurt to at least TRY it right? I hope it works.

Who knows?? Maybe someone should let KimmayTube know about this brush. It might cut her 4-hour detangling sessions in half. :giggle: :wasntme: :giggle: Let me stop...

:hiya: I'ma need you to stop it...:lachen:

Honi

There is no board.
Ok so I tried this on my hair yesterday and I love it. Period! I then tried it on my DD 4 b hair that I had just washed previously the day before. I had her hair sectioned and braided so I unraveled the back of her hair where the texture is the tightest. Started at the bottom and it went thru her DRY HAIR with ease. I thought that maybe it was because I had detangled her hair previously prior to braiding so I dismissed it (or at least I thought I did). Here is where it gets interesting. As I felt around the section I noted a matted area. It was dense and very tight. I would have had to spend an enormous amount of time detangling something like this and what if I found others? Ughhhh! If this was gonna work here was the test. I kept working the section under, over and around it and when I looked down it was much smaller. I continued and when I stopped again I saw what was causing the knot. There was lint all balled up in the middle along with shed hair :lol: I was eventually able to remove it completely.

I don't know how it does it but it just does. The bristles are not even the same length (long and short ones). They are not hard and flex when used on the hair. The sound it makes is annoying but you get used to it I guess.

So, did the TT completely remove the matted piece on its own? No, but it certainly helped in reducing the amount of TIME to remove it. I had to remove the last bit with a straight pin followed by brushing a final time and it was gone. I saved her hair and did not have to cut it out. There was also a nice sheen to the hair afterwards too. Two snaps in Z formation on this one. :yep:

FindingMe

I kept working the section under, over and around it and when I looked down it was much smaller. I continued and when I stopped again I saw what was causing the knot. There was lint all balled up in the middle along with shed hair :lol: I was eventually able to remove it completely.

Lint is from the devil:ohwell: DDs hair is prone to catching it and rolling it up in a ball just like this. :nono: Glad to know TT should help on these as well.

Krystle~Hime

Doesn't this exist in USA ?(look at the attached file) you can find this brush for 0,50$ cents or 1$ in every BSS in europe.
I know this brush since i'm a kid, it's very popular for african people, that's why i seems to be not impressed by "Tangle Teezer 15$"

Attachments

• AutreBrosse_gallery-vi.jpg
    AutreBrosse_gallery-vi.jpg
    29 KB · Views: 68

FindingMe

Doesn't this exist in USA ?(look at the attached file) you can find this brush for 0,50$ cents or 1$ in every BSS in europe.
I know this brush since i'm a kid, it's very popular for african people, that's why i seems to be not impressed by "Tangle Teezer 15$"

Yep! It's very similar. I think the TT is slightly modified though, it has longer and shorter bristles throughout. Also, the bristles on this brush don't look as flexible/thin as the TT, but same concept-:yep: I agree, it should cost about $5 instead of $10, but the way it works for me, I will gladly pay the $10-

fatimablush

just checked this out on the website!
i am going to buy a few of these myself!
save some for me!:lachen:, then again i can order online!:lachen:

Neala21

The pic of the red brush (i have one in white) is more like a shampoo brush and that thing hurts. At least it does for me and the bristles are hard. It's truly different than the TT.

Fab_Nikki

The pic of the red brush (i have one in white) is more like a shampoo brush and that thing hurts. At least it does for me and the bristles are hard. It's truly different than the TT.

I totally agree. The TT feels nothing like the shampoo brushes. If ever I wanted my hair ripped out and collected in a brush THEN I would use that red one. LOL JMHO

Last edited:

NJoy

Here I grow again!
Going back to buy two more. One for daughter's best friend (lawd, she needs one) and an extra for me. Took my twists out and TT'd my hair into a bun. Looks smooth like a fresh perm, honey. Just sayin. 21 weeks post.

AKA-Tude

Imma stay out of these product posts!

**I will not buy this**

**I will not buy this**

**I will not buy this**

virtuenow

Tangle Teezer/Detangling Experiment:

1. Dripping wet hair: My hair shrunk and snapped back to my scalp and tangled/curled around itself (as expected). Using the awesome tangle teezer brush, I still ended up having to cut a small section of tangled hair that wouldn't budge. I don't like water detangling and I don't blame the TT (my hair shrinks nearly 80-90%)

2. Dry with oil/butter/conditioner: used the tangle teezer on my dry hair w/a tiny little bit of conditioner/shea butter/coconut oil mix (focusing on oil/butter). The TT worked GREAT. Hair is soft, cuticle laying down and a bit of sheen added . Tip to root technique worked the best.

3. Dampend with conditioner & coconut oil: worked good and a close to the above- but not quite as good and not as quick as #2. Found that the root to tip technique worked the best with the slightly dampened hair.

Conclusion:
I will alternate between technique 2 & 3 until I can get my detangling time down do 1hour or less. I plan to buy another TT for myself; and get 2 as christmas gifts for my mom & another for my niece!

Geminigirl

I am visiting my mom in Hays. Ks right now (I don't know why she moved here this place sucks as far as shopping she should have stayed in dallas) And I found one at the mall!!!! I can't wait to try it!!!!

Geminigirl

Ok I just tried this on my dry natural 4a hair and my daughter's natural 4a hair AND my sister's extra tough coarse 4a/b hair DRY and it does glide through. Thanks LHCF. I was def getting tired of the breakage from my denman and wide tooth shower comb. I hope this helps my hair get back in tip top shape and I can't wait to try this on wash day.

dlove

I tried it dry on my dd's 4a hair and just wow...her hair was so light and fluffy...seemed to be blown out and detangled very nicely. She had more shedding then I liked ( 1 to 1/2 quarter size) for one little plait. I washed and set her hair 3 days ago- no manipulation.

fatimablush

ME TOO! But I used one and I hadn't detangled in like 3 days (the regular for me), so my hair wasn't SUPER tangled, but it wasn't a sunny picnic either...here's how much hair I lost -

I was sold!

this convinced me as well!
i bought 2 as a gift to myself