• No, girl.

Votes: 15 19.7%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

loolalooh

Last edited:

mzteaze

Pilates and Yoga Kinda Gal
I think the key is understanding what works for your hair. I love my tangle teezer on damp hair best. It also works on lightly tangled hair. However, after a monstrous wash and go then sleep and go....:nono: I had to wet my hair before I was back to smooth sailing.

Point being, if you know basically what works, the TT will enhance that experience.

Last edited:

-PYT

girl yes it works on my type 4b hair. just give it a few go's on the ends and it's like butter the rest of the way! :drunk:

Etherealsmile

4b, thick, dense kinky hair and the Tangle teezer has been a dream come true for my detangling sessions. I don't know how I dealt with my hair before this :)

davisbr88

I LUUUUURV mine! I always detangle with damp hair and conditioner. My TT cut my detangling time in half.

Cheekychica

I'm interested in responses for this question, however I do know that what works for one doesn't work for all.

loolalooh

I think the key is understanding what works for your hair. I love my tangle teezer on damp hair best. It also works on lightly tangled hair. However, after a monstrous wash and go then sleep and go....

Thanks. The bolded is good to know.:yep:

loolalooh

girl yes it works on my type 4b hair. just give it a few go's on the ends and it's like butter the rest of the way! :drunk:

4b, thick, dense kinky hair and the Tangle teezer has been a dream come true for my detangling sessions. I don't know how I dealt with my hair before this :)

I LUUUUURV mine! I always detangle with damp hair and conditioner. My TT cut my detangling time in half.

WOW! Okay, this is encouraging. I'll see how the poll goes throughout the next few days.

I'm interested in responses for this question, however I do know that what works for one doesn't work for all.

Definitely true words there. (E.g., the denman did NOT work for me.:ohwell:)

Thanks for the vids! Off to check them out.

SimJam

used my TT for the first time last night on a 3 day old twistout.

added a detangling prod, then finger separated each section before using the TT ... smooth sailing

or as a previous poster said 1 or 2 goes at the ends then smooth sailing through the rest of the hair... even without the finger separation

SND411

A True Soldier Never Dies
PLEASE INVEST IN THIS PRODUCT! I have 4b hair and after using it for the past couple of weeks, my hair is much less tangled than it used to be and I have fewer single stranded knots.

KurleeK5

it worked well for me, but i still needed my wide tooh comb before and after because i have dense hair that tangles the second you pull the brush out of it. :|

SND411

A True Soldier Never Dies
It didn't work for me. I had little broken pieces everywhere. And my hair was drench in detangler.

Try it on hair that is lightly damp. I CANNOT use my Tangle Teezer when my hair is soaking wet with conditioner. The directions actually state NOT to detangle your hair with the Tangle Teezer while it is sopping with wet with conditioner.

It can even detangle on dry natural hair.

EDITED: Oops I though you said conditioner. Never mind!

Last edited:

LuvlyRain3

I have. Dry hair, wet hair, slightly wet hair. Dry hair with product, wet hair with product. It was just a no go for me. I wanted it to work for me I really did.

melissa-bee

I love it. When I first big chopped I, when damp i was never able to properly detangle the ends of my hair. But the first time I used it I tried it on hair with conditioner on it. and the ends of my hair were smooth. I couldn't even believe it.
It looks like it's not for 4 a and bs but the key is to work in small sections. It's the best hair investment I've ever made.

alive

cant wait to read your review. my hair only takes about 15 mins to detangle buuuttt if there's a product out there that can take that time down to 5 minutes, i wanna know! :look:

reeko43

It didn't work for me. The only time it glides through my hair is after I have detangled with my fingers and a wide tooth comb. I am trying to get my money's worth so I use it to massage my scalp and to get any stray shed hairs. But hey, just because it didn't work for me doesn't mean that you won't have success with it.

Prudent1

I think the key is understanding what works for your hair. I love my tangle teezer on damp hair best. It also works on lightly tangled hair. However, after a monstrous wash and go then sleep and go....:nono: I had to wet my hair before I was back to smooth sailing.

Point being, if you know basically what works, the TT will enhance that experience.

PLEASE INVEST IN THIS PRODUCT! I have 4b hair and after using it for the past couple of weeks, my hair is much less tangled than it used to be and I have fewer single stranded knots.
ITA with all of the above. I bought mine a few weeks ago since so many were suggesting it here. I love it. i've tried it on dry hair, wet hair, damp hair, etc to see if I would get consistent results. It's a win-win for me. I just did not like knowing that it sells for $1.50 in Europe and $9.99 at Sally's here.

jerseygurl

Not a new member
My results were okayy, I had little coils coming out. But it did detangle my hair even though I had to chase it with a small tooth comb afterwards. One thing I can say is that it made my hair even coilier (if that's a word lol) and soft.

I've used it twice now and I have to hold it in a particular manner to avoid the relaxed part of my hair being broken off

Zaz

ITA with all of the above. I bought mine a few weeks ago since so many were suggesting it here. I love it. i've tried it on dry hair, wet hair, damp hair, etc to see if I would get consistent results. It's a win-win for me. I just did not like knowing that it sells for $1.50 in Europe and $9.99 at Sally's here.

I've tried my tt on wet, dry, damp hair and it works better than my $30 ouidad double detangler. And I've used it on wash n go, then sleep, and wash n go... after a week and a half with no detangling in between :grin: But just in case OP, I asked the Sally's lady before purchasing and she told me I could always return it if I didn't like it so it's worth a try.

@prudent1 the TT is actually more expensive in Europe because it still costs £9.99 but with the conversion factor that translates to about $15 US. I think that's why the kinky curly website sells them for $20, it's supposed to retail for more than just ten bucks.

Last edited:

winnettag

I like the TT a little better than my denman because I don't have to go over the same section as many times to be able to get it all the way through from the roots to the ends.
Also, the denman makes the ends of my hair clump together, which makes it more difficult to go all the way from root to ends, and the TT doesn't as much.
Aside from that, they're pretty similar.

Evolving78

it was ok for me. it pretty much did the job of detangling. i used it with conditioner in my hair. my hair is very coily and there is no way i can use that on slightly damp hair. i like the Denman better.

lydc

I believe it's worth it on damp hair with conditioner (my conditioner of choice Aussie Moist). I normally use 3 combs (wide, medium and fine), the tangle teezer eliminated all three for me.

Foxglove

A drop of golden sun
I agree you have to use a wide tooth comb first. I don't use as my main detangler, I use it to get out shed hairs after detangling