Tangled Mess

BahatiSeey2

Last night I attempted my second ACV rinse. Afterwards I washed with DB hydration shampoo. My hair turned out a straw, tangled mess. :crying3: It felt like straw after the wash, and after the conditioning ( phyto, alter ego garlic, and ojon mix--my usual) it was still dry and sticking together, very tangled. So I put a ton of different leave-ins, oils, repair/etc...I know I shouldn't have done this but I was trying to comat the tangles. This morning I rewashed w/CON, b/c I thought maybe it was the DB shampoo--b/c it was my first time using it. No change...STRAW!!! So I sat under the dryer with an Ion/Frizz-Ease combo on my hair to Deep Condition. No change. I went to Sally's to get some porosity control, but the lady told me that it might augment the problem. So, I just put some leave-ins on and bantu knotted my hair. Also, I cut about 1-2.5 in off in some areas b/c it was shedding, making my ends look chewed. By the way, I did an Aphogee protein on 1/7/06 and I CW ~ 1-2 times a week.

All that to say: Does anyone know what went wrong? How can I avoid this in the future? Any suggestions on how to correct this.

PittGirl06

Hair product junkie reloaded!
how were you washing when you put the rinse in? Were you washing your hair in sections? did you wash your hair straight back? did you move your hair all around ont he top of yoru head?

Synthia

Tell us this:

* How MUCH ACV did you use? and how much water?

* What type of water did you use? I hope it wasn't tap.

BahatiSeey2

I used about 2-4 tablespoons in a large water pitcher. It was tap, warm tap. If that was wrong how can I fix it?

Last edited:

Synthia

BahatiSeey2 said:
I used about 2-4 tablespoons in a large water pitcher. It was tap, warm tap.

Never, never! use tap water with ACV...there all kinds of chemicals and minerals in there that will react to the vinegar. Don't even use spring water.

Use distilled water. This is very important. When I did my first ACV rinse I was tangled and dry too-- I used tap. Then I used spring water ...that worked out better but I still didn't see results everyone was raving about.

IT wasn't until I used distilled water and very little vinegar that I got good results.

I think 4 tablespoons is far too much.

YOu must try this again. Try it with 1 tablespoon or even less untill you get the right combination. Then, you'll find that ACV will detangle and give you softness and slip.

A little ACV goes a long way.

( I use an empty 16 oz water bottle and only put a half cap of ACV in it. That's actually enough for me.) Then I let it sit on my hair in the shower for a few minutes, then rinse thoroughly. I just did that a few minutes ago and it worked out nice.

Keep trying.

Oh-- also, many women shampoo first, then ACV, then condition. That's what I do.

Hope this helps.

amy1234

I would only combine acv (diluted) while deep conditioning with a moisturizing conditioner. Haven't done it any other way- too scared to try something different now :(

goldensensation

What's wrong with tap? It cant be all tap because it works well with me.

Did I mention that my tap water even tastes better than most bottled waters? :lol:

BerrySweet

BahatiSeey2 said:
Last night I attempted my second ACV rinse. Afterwards I washed with DB hydration shampoo. My hair turned out a straw, tangled mess. :crying3: It felt like straw after the wash, and after the conditioning ( phyto, alter ego garlic, and ojon mix--my usual) it was still dry and sticking together, very tangled. So I put a ton of different leave-ins, oils, repair/etc...I know I shouldn't have done this but I was trying to comat the tangles. This morning I rewashed w/CON, b/c I thought maybe it was the DB shampoo--b/c it was my first time using it. No change...STRAW!!! So I sat under the dryer with an Ion/Frizz-Ease combo on my hair to Deep Condition. No change. I went to Sally's to get some porosity control, but the lady told me that it might augment the problem. So, I just put some leave-ins on and bantu knotted my hair. Also, I cut about 1-2.5 in off in some areas b/c it was shedding, making my ends look chewed. By the way, I did an Aphogee protein on 1/7/06 and I CW ~ 1-2 times a week.

All that to say: Does anyone know what went wrong? How can I avoid this in the future? Any suggestions on how to correct this.
The exact same thing happened to me and it didn't get better until i relxaed it. Thanks for the tips ladies, but I'm still too scared to try it again!

BahatiSeey2

I don't know what to do now. I followed the rinse w/a deep conditioner mix and I still had straw hair. I don't know what to do now. Any suggestions on how to correct this? I have it up in Bantu knots, so I'll be rocking a wig in public or at least a day or two until they dry...then I'll really know what I'm dealing with.