Tanninoplasty

sizzle

I am wondering if anyone has experience with tanninoplasty? I have 4a/4b natural hair -- thin strands. I am looking for a way to handle my hair easier. My ends keep breaking so the hair grows slowly even though I moisturize my hair well.

The hair broke terribly when I tried bkt. Is tanninoplasy similar to bkt? Thanks in advance for any information that anyone might have.

Napp

Ms. Nobody
i just put this in my hair. I bought a bottle a while ago with another member and it finally came last week. I used salvatore blue gold premium.

As far as application it is different than a traditional bkt. i shampooed twice with the cuticle dilating shampoo. Then i applied with a bowl and brush on damp towel dried hair. it kind of made my skin itch if it fell on my neck but it quickly went away. i would suggest doing the patch test for any allergies. other than that there were no fumes or discomfort at all. it does have an odor though (like a cysteine based treatment) but it seems to have gone away as i no longer smell it. it also could be that i didn't properly clean my flat iron:look:

I Let it sit for 45 minutes and rinsed it out. then i blowdried and flat ironed doing 5 passes at 400. the blowdry and flat iron were just effortless. i was able to finish much more quickly and my hair super shiny. it looks almost gl0ssy. i never seen my hair this silky and shiny. it also has alot of movement as well.

I haven't done the first wash yet though since my hair still is quite wearable.

if you are interested in a natural relaxer and are ok with the process this may be for you. i have a good feeling that my hair will not revert when i wash it but this is what i was looking for. this process doesn't eat away at the cuticle like a relaxer does so i'm wondering if the hair will be still "healthy" or at least healthier over time.

I like to experiment so i dont mind being the guinea pig. this process is very new to the market as well. So far i'm happy with my results. but i just wanted to lay low for a while, see how it reverts, will it break when i stretch and how do a touch up before i make a post about it.(with pics of course!:detective:)

sizzle

Wow, thanks @Napp for the thorough review! The process seems easy enough. Please come back and tell us if you have any breakage.
That's my main concern but this might be the lifesaver my hair has bee waiting for!

lilikoi

@Napp I'm glad to hear this worked for you! Pics?

Could you list the ingredients or post a pict of the label? I need to know the composition of this "magical potion"

imaginary

This sounds super interesting. Awaiting your update @Napp and hoping for great results for you! Are you in a humid area? Seems like something I could look into trying in the future to combat the immediate reversions that happen for me. If even for occasional flat irons.

Prettymetty

Natural/4b/medium-coarse
I used the same product that Napp used. I washed my hair with the shampoo then I blowdried my hair without any products. I applied the treatment and combed it through. Then I let it sit for 45 minutes.

I rinsed my hair and it instantly felt looser. Once I blowdried and flatironed it was very shiny and sleek. I washed it out within a week and my texture was still there. I'm a very kinky, fuzzy, 4b. I'm sure it works better on looser types. I only used about 2 oz of product to do my whole head.20170629_185049-600x800.jpg
Texture with product. As you can see, my hair looks like yaki. Immediately after application it looks slightly straighter.

imaginary

I used the same product that Napp used. I washed my hair with the shampoo then I blowdried my hair without any products. I applied the treatment and combed it through. Then I let it sit for 45 minutes.

I rinsed my hair and it instantly felt looser. Once I blowdried and flatironed it was very shiny and sleek. I washed it out within a week and my texture was still there. I'm a very kinky, fuzzy, 4b. I'm sure it works better on looser types. I only used about 2 oz of product to do my whole head..

So do you think it's not really worth it? Or would you recommend it as a "healthier" alternative to a bkt? Have you only used it the once?

Prettymetty

Natural/4b/medium-coarse
So do you think it's not really worth it? Or would you recommend it as a "healthier" alternative to a bkt? Have you only used it the once?
I've used it 3 or 4 times. I have enough for 2 more applications, but I just moved and I can't find it. It's worth it, but once it's done I'm going back to Uncurly Keratin. It lasts much longer.