~~TBL 2012 Challenge~~

FoxxyLocs

This challenge is for anyone aiming to get to TBL by December 2012. You can join at anytime, so all you HL and WHIP length challengers feel free to get on board if you decide to extend your goal length for next year!

I haven't seen much interest in going past HL, so this might be a one woman challenge, but that's ok too! :lachen:

Anyway, if anyone wants to join, just thank this post and then tell us whatever you want to tell us (regimen, goals, journey so far...). I'm easy to please.:grin:

I'll be updating this thread periodically with hair pics and regimen updates.

Happy hair growing!!!

Janet'

Woohoo!!!! Awesome Thread!!!!!! I am definitely going to be a cheerleader up in this thread!!!!

:band: :dance7: :band: :dance7: :band: :dance7: :band: :dance7: :band: :dance7:

Aireen

I'm in both challenges but I think I would be stretching if I join this. It IS tempting though. :lol:

NJoy

Here I grow again!
Nice! :grin: I'm in! My goal is HL but, I guess TBL will put me around w'hip or HL unstretched. I'm giving that some serious thought. I'll be back with more details. Gotta run!

Thanks for starting the thread! :woohoo:

FoxxyLocs

Woohoo!!!! Awesome Thread!!!!!! I am definitely going to be a cheerleader up in this thread!!!!

:band: :dance7: :band: :dance7: :band: :dance7: :band: :dance7: :band: :dance7:

Thanks Janet!! You thanked my post so that means you're in the challenge too! Welcome!!

I'm in both challenges but I think I would be stretching if I join this. It IS tempting though. :lol:

Go for it. What have you got to lose. The challenge is open all year, so you can always join after you graduate from the WHIP length challenge:)

FoxxyLocs

Nice! :grin: I'm in! My goal is HL but, I guess TBL will put me around w'hip or HL unstretched. I'm giving that some serious thought. I'll be back with more details. Gotta run!

Thanks for starting the thread! :woohoo:

Thanks for joining me! Now I won't be lonely over here. :lachen:

And for the multiquote police, she posted while I writing my previous post, so there! :rofl::rofl::rofl:

Aireen

Go for it. What have you got to lose. The challenge is open all year, so you can always join after you graduate from the WHIP length challenge:)

Meh, I'll join, I really have nothing to lose. Plus it'll be nice to come in during updates and look at the inspiration.

Current Length: In MBL/WL limbo... :look:
Regimen: Wash, condition, air-dry/blow-dry. Yes, that's all I do. :lol:
Plans: Start back on my vitamins, grow out my bangs, get my edges longer, and achieve thickness.
Tailbone Length Date: December 31, 2012 at 11:59:59pm. :look:
Starting Picture: Click here for my most recent update.

Last edited:

FoxxyLocs

Meh, I'll join, I really have nothing to lose. Plus it'll be nice to come in during updates and look at the inspiration.

Current Length: In MBL/WL limbo... :look: I'm half an inch away from WL.
Regimen: Wash, condition, air-dry/blow-dry. Yes, that's all I do. :lol:
Plans: Start back on my vitamins, grow out my bangs, get my edges longer, achieve thickness, and present a long and overdue hair update for LHCF.
Tailborn Length Date: December 31, 2012 at 11:59:59pm. :look:

Welcome! Glad to have you :) Can't wait for the update!

Sent from my HTC Evo

luckiestdestiny

Current Length: WL+ only a little more as I keep cutting. I've got to stop this madness. Luckily I've weaved it up (I'm usually in braids but this last couple times I needed a change of pace and decided to have my braider try a weave instead. So anyhoo that also answers what I'm doing with my hair)

Regimen: When in weave (rinse) and wash, condish with diluted once a month only with rinse in between. When out of weave mix oil and condish to sit in hair overnight, wash, condish the next day (sometimes only co wash depending on the condition of my hair's dryness or not)

Plans: Just keep evening everything out, keep it healthy and strong, and grow it to the point where it's as long as I want without looking like cousin it from the adam family! Also planning to cut on the moon cycle morroco method to see what it's all about. Also to continue Chlorella, and also to stop being lazy and start adding that nettle tea rinse. It did wonders for growth. lately I've been super lazy. Eat right, general stuff. Oh and exercise at least 3 times a week (in addition to walking every day. I try to walk everywhere and up and down stairs as that's already a form of exercise)

Tailborn Length Date: Not sure. I'll just go for the last day and minute of Dec 2012 (scared to even go for it but why NOT me! :) Why not shoot for the moon, right? Perhaps I'll get there if I can avoid the scissors...no scraggly ends just left over layers.

FoxxyLocs

luckiestdestiny I'm trying to stay away from the scissors too. I'm trying to stick to a dusting schedule of every 2-3 months. In the meantime I'm working on babying my ends with protective styles, heavy sealing, and occasional baggying. I also started blow drying sometimes, instead of air drying. Hopefully that will help cut down on knots and tangles.

Sent from my HTC Evo

Allandra

Current Length: Hip Length

Regimen: When my stylist does my hair (once a month), the regimen is: shampoo, deep condition, heat protectant, blow dry OR roller set, flat iron.
I haven't flat ironed my own hair since October 2010. Now when I do my own hair, the regimen is: shampoo, deep condition, moisturize, style, air dry. So my daily style will either be: a bun (which I have ALWAYS loved), two flat twists (pinning them up instead of letting them hang), a single braid, a single twist or a French twist. So, when I do my own hair, I always let it air dry, and sometimes I can wear my style for several days without redoing it each day (gosh I absolutely love that because I get up early in the morning Monday through Friday). Keeping it simple is wonderful, and I truly do believe less is more because I really do believe that's what keeps my hair growing nicely

Plans: I'm going to stick with my regimen.

Tailbone Length Date: I'll say towards the end of 2012.

Last edited:

Janet'

FoxxyLocs Um...I thanked you because I'm happy for YOU guys...Lawd, I'm about an inch and a half from WL and I started the HL Challenge more for everyone else than me...TBL is my ultimate goal, I think :look: :look: :look: That would mean that I would have to retain all 6 inches that I grow for next year...hmm...

Whimsy

Cheering you girls on....and preparing myself to drool over all the lovely long locks I'm sure to see in this thread.

NJoy

Here I grow again!
FoxxyLocs everytime I look at your hair in your siggy pic I see my hair idol, HairCrush (Chime). I LOVE your hair! The thickness is sick! :lick:

Good morning ladies. Just thought I'd check in to do my part ot keep the thread poppin.\

Trying to decide when to next texlax my hair. I'm 31 weeks post on Tuesday and pretty much keeping my hair in random Celie braids. I'm sure I can hold out until the end of the year, which just seems like a good time to do it since I'll be doing my length check then. Anyway, that's what I'm leaning towards. In the meantime, I've been pretty hair lazy and just avoiding trying to pull on my hair to do impromptu length checks. I have a general idea of where I am lengthwise but I don't really know. I've been washing and DC in braids. I take them out to moisturize and rebraid but, I'm usually just chilling in bed watching tv when I'm doing it. I can't wait til the end of the year to know where I really am. And at the same time, I hate the time that it takes to flat iron.

(just thinking outloud now)

I think I'm going to end up flat ironing directly from braids so that if I need to stop and take a break (which I always do) the rest of my hair won't look so intimidating. That said, I can tell I'll be doing braidouts to wear my hair out instead of flat ironing. So, I'll definitely need to grow out to TBL to get a long-looking braidout. What say you? Me doing regular flat ironing is not going to be something that I'm willing to do but I will want my length to show so, crazy shrinkage is a no-go too. :nono: I guess that decides it for me. I'm sticking with texlaxing for now. I was toying with the idea of transitioning but, I don't think it would serve me and my skill level (or lack of skills). :look:

What's up, ladies. Check in. And don't be stinghy with the pics. :lick:

FoxxyLocs

Looks like I found the hip length ladies. Pulling up a chair and taking a seat. :look:

@Allandra - I was going to invite you over, but I didn't know if mods could join challenges :lachen: Glad you found your way over!! Your hair is beautiful!!

@FoxxyLocs Um...I thanked you because I'm happy for YOU guys...Lawd, I'm about an inch and a half from WL and I started the HL Challenge more for everyone else than me...TBL is my ultimate goal, I think :look: :look: :look: That would mean that I would have to retain all 6 inches that I grow for next year...hmm...

@Janet' - Too bad you're stuck now!!! We want pics!!

ETA: sorry had to go tend to my peeps. Anywho - Allandra - how long do you leave your hair straight when you get it flat ironed? Do you get SSKs when your hair is curly? I just started blow drying with every other wash to try to cut down on SSKs so I'm curious about your experiences.

NJoy - That is such a huge compliment! I love Chime's hair. Thanks. :grin:

Last edited:

Allandra

@Allandra - how long do you leave your hair straight when you get it flat ironed? Do you get SSKs when your hair is curly? I just started blow drying with every other wash to try to cut down on SSKs so I'm curious about your experiences.
FoxxyLocs I usually leave my hair straight for 7 to 14 days. Surprisingly, I don't get many SSKs, so they've never been a problem.

pre_medicalrulz

It Always Been About Hair!
Ladies quick question that's been haunting me lately. As your hair gets longer, are you having a more difficult time detangling or not so much?

Sent from my LG-MS690 using LG-MS690

FoxxyLocs

Ladies quick question that's been haunting me lately. As your hair gets longer, are you having a more difficult time detangling or not so much?

Sent from my LG-MS690 using LG-MS690

It's gotten better for me. I've gotten my technique down, so detangling has gotten much better as my hair has gotten longer.

Sent from my HTC Evo

FoxxyLocs

Thanks ladies! I used the tension method to blow dry and I was really surprised at how nice it turned out. Plus it was a lot gentler than using the comb attachment.

MariposaSexyGirl

I think I want to join :look:. After all that junk about staying hl lol. But im like 2 inches from tbl I figure I can either maintain for awhile and then go to tbl or just go ahead and grow to tbl and decide if I will cut back to hl.*shrugs*

Sent from my Sprint EVO using LHCF app