Tea/Coffee Rinses

sal3w

How do you do yours?

Coffee or tea? Neither? Why? Which teas? What benefits have you seen? What's the process like for you--I.e., do you use steamer/heating cap/plastic cap, immediately rinse out?

Relaxed or natural?

I'm very curious about this as I have heard so many mixed opinions on this topic! Also, please excuse me if this had already been discussed to death somewhere else; I'm new here and searched around for a thread specifically dedicated to this topic but couldn't find one :)

felic1

There is a very long one with associated with coffee,tea, ayurvedic and other treatments present. Run your search function!

sal3w

Thanks so much, girls... It's definitely been one of those spaced-out days for me... between applying for grad school, a FT-job, and running after my twin toddlers, common sense evades me at times ;)

BonBon

I like your eye make up OP. I don't know how I still don't have eyeliner skills after all these years:lol:

I just tried the tea thing for the first time the other day by spraying directly onto scalp. I'm natural (4a mostly) and used green tea. It reduced my shedding by about 1/3. Hope it will get better next time!

sal3w

That's amazing already for first-time results! I'm pretty sure, like most things during a Healthy Hair Journey, with time and repetition, the shedding will decrease even more. The women in the henna/tea/coffee thread are so advanced! I've just been using a mix of coffee and black tea. I'm excited to add green tea to the mix. Now I'm hearing about fenugreek and so many other foreign-sounding things, lol. But it is all worth a try if it will help retain at least some of the length and thickness of my thin hair!

And thanks for the compliment! :) Girl, I've been practicing that eyelining technique for so many years now-- haha! I'm still working on it. I always have to use a fine-tailed liquid liner! :) I use my eyes and fashion as a distraction from my hair while I work on it ;)

BonBon

I was scared to put the tea/coffee in because someone on youtube said it can be drying if I get it on the hair, so I worried about my roots. That's why I only left it on for maybe 5 mins with a cap, it still worked though. I really want to try Fenugreek, but can't find it at my local health food shops :ohwell: . I found some cheap garlic supplements though, so I'll see if that helps too!

Yeah, I know what you mean. I've lost weight, got better style and my make up is much better. Now all I need is perfect hair and I'm done lol:lol: