Teen Boy Killed In Bronx Bodega

Layluh

Wow, these people are just animals. The dad, the bodega people, the "friend". I didn't know they killed the boy with machetes. That's just beyond horrible, that poor baby :cry4:I actually saw two men fight with machetes when I was a child, and I've never been able to forget it. Once you do that to a person I don't think you're human anymore. Too bad NY doesn't have the death penalty anymore.

And to add insult to injury these animals calls themselves "Los Trinitarios", the ***** nerve :mad:

Did you see Kevin Alvarez mom? She looked like s blonde hot mess.

Last edited:

Petal26

Nice try with the pen. This is jonaiki...the one who dealt the death blow at the very end.
:eek: OMG, he's a freaking demon. I'm glad the cop was alert, if not he would've stabbed someone in the neck in under 2 seconds.

Did you see Kevin Alvarez mom? She looked like s blonde hot mess.

I just did. She has that DR Country skanque look. Hard to miss.

She can defend her son all she wants. It's expected, but anyone hanging with that crowd was cut from the same cloth. Her son is a killer. She can try and stick her head in the sand for eternity, but it is what it is. I hope they all get shanked in jail. They don't deserve to live.

Theresamonet

Also, it looks like the Bodega owner did try at some point. He released video.

Newly released surveillance video shows a Bronx bodega owner attempting to save a 15-year-old from machete-wielding marauders. Modesto Cruz, the embattled owner of the Cruz and Chiky store in Tremont, released security footage taken in his store, capturing the moment Lesandro “Junior” Guzman-Feliz raced inside, trying to hide from his eventual killers. Cruz said he didn’t initially understand why Guzman-Feliz wanted to jump over the counter. But then he recognized Guzman-Feliz, saw the fear in his face and helped him jump over the counter looking for safety, the video showed. “I just feel very, very bad,” Cruz told WPIX. “I do remember his face. He was so scared.” Guzman-Feliz could be seen peering out from behind the counter in terror, before a man leads attackers inside the store. The footage showed Guzman-Feliz being beaten and dragged out of the store where he’s hacked to death.

ETA: This poor man. Surely they would 've killed him too and now he may lose his business. I don't know what to think. other people are saying other angles show him pointing the boy out to the killers. I've tried to avoid seeing the killing so I don't know but this is a level brutality that should not be tolerated.

I saw this angle of the video and it’s shows that there was definitely some conversation between the bodega workers and the assailants. Looks like they were trying to get them to just leave Junior alone. They look clearly confused. I don’t know what people expect them to have done beyond what they did.

Obviously, telling him to run to the hospital a block away was a bad move, but it was done out of ignorance and not malice.

Shula

I saw this angle of the video and it’s shows that there was definitely some conversation between the bodega workers and the assailants. Looks like they were trying to get them to just leave Junior alone. They look clearly confused. I don’t know what people expect them to have done beyond what they did.

Obviously, telling him to run to the hospital a block away was a bad move, but it was done out of ignorance and not malice.

I agree. I consider the store owner a victim too at this point. It's easy to say what someone should've done but reality is none of us truly know how we would react. There were so many of them and with machetes? I'm just glad this info got out and hopefully no one goes after the store owner and let's him handle his business in peace if that is what he wants to do. All of it is traumatic.

Theresamonet

:eek: OMG, he's a freaking demon. I'm glad the cop was alert, if not he would've stabbed someone in the neck in under 2 seconds.

I just did. She has that DR Country skanque look. Hard to miss.

She can defend her son all she wants. It's expected, but anyone hanging with that crowd was cut from the same cloth. Her son is a killer. She can try and stick her head in the sand for eternity, but it is what it is. I hope they all get shanked in jail. They don't deserve to live.

Yeah, his defense is super weak, yet he’s talking about what he’s going to do when and if he gets off. :confused: They really think he’s innocent because he didn’t do any stabbing. He was the one who snatched Junior up and dragged him out. It’s BS that he didn’t know the others had knives and machetes. He stepped back so he wouldn’t get cut, not because he wanted no parts of it.

Theresamonet

I agree. I consider the store owner a victim too at this point. It's easy to say what someone should've done but reality is none of us truly know how we would react. There were so many of them and with machetes? I'm just glad this info got out and hopefully no one goes after the store owner and let's him handle his business in peace if that is what he wants to do. All of it is traumatic.

Yes, he is. I felt bad for him from the beginning. Whether you think he responded the right or wrong way, this was some gang BS that just fell on his lap, while he was working and minding his business. Sorting out gang machete attacks should not be something he’s responsible for. The community should be calling out the Trinitarios, and running anyone associated with the gang out of the neighborhood. Instead they band together to shut down the bodega. Cause that will stop something like this from happening again, right?

Last edited:

Petal26

I believe you all. I'm glad they at least tried to help. I refuse to watch any of the footage. I can't.

Yeah, his defense is super weak, yet he’s talking about what he’s going to do when and if he gets off. :confused: They really think he’s innocent because he didn’t do any stabbing. He was the one who snatched Junior up and dragged him out. It’s BS that he didn’t know the others had knives and machetes. He stepped back so he wouldn’t get cut, not because he wanted no parts of it.
Seriously. You simply can't hide machetes, unless they came up with some mini American version. Those things are super long like a sword.

Layluh

I think this is wrong. The one with the machete was a lighter skinned guy with his face covered.

I think at least a couple of them had machetes. They don’t know who stabbed him where.

But the very last person to stab him was joniki in the neck, which is pretty clear in the video.

The. Guy with the hood who stabbed him multiple times was elvin Garcia. He’s a little pretty boy looking dude. Lemme see if I can find a pic

Last edited:

BlueEra

How do they know who dealt the death blow and who stabbed what area of his body?

In the surveillance video, Joniki is shown stabbing Junior in the neck, and that's the injury they are attributing to causing his death.

I saw the videos that the bodega owner released that appear to go into more detail of him trying to hide Junior. He seems remorseful for not being able to do more to help Junior. Although I don't (nor have I ever) blame him for Junior's death, the initial videos did seem to show dismissiveness, especially in the second one when he re-enters the store and you see someone pointing him to the door (which many are saying was a customer). Then, you see what appears to be a transaction being finished. It is shocking.

So yeah, I think that's what many people were shocked at seeing more than anything...an injured boy collapsing on a countertop and you see someone pointing them out and then folks seemingly going on about their business. I'm sorry, but that does seem heartless and I can see how many people could look at that footage and be upset.

They aren't to blame for Junior's death though. The gang members are the only ones to truly blame for that. A recent story says that they pursued Junior as he ran for blocks before trying to seek refuge in the bodega. I can't imagine how scared he must have been in his final moments. It breaks my heart.

BlueEra

https://pix11.com/2018/07/02/exclusive-videos-lesandro-junior-guzman-feliz-bronx-trinitarios-chase/

BRONX — Lesandro “Junior” Guzman-Feliz was running for his life.

The 15-year-old ran for blocks and blocks, even losing his sandals along the way, before he desperately tried to seek haven in the Cruz and Chiky store, a Bathgate Avenue bodega close to his home.

That’s the latest information from law enforcement sources, who said on Monday that the chase of the frightened teen by Trinitarios gang members actually started long before the confrontation that was captured on the bodega’s cameras the night of June 20.

“We pick up the chase by St. Barnabas Hospital,” the source told PIX11 Monday. “They chase him across Third Avenue and down East 183rd Street. That’s when he went into the bodega.”

The source told PIX11 News that investigators have reviewed lots of surveillance footage, still not seen by the public, which showed sections of the street chase that started behind St. Barnabas Medical Center near D’Auria-Murphy Triangle.

The bodega was located close to Guzman-Feliz's home, so he was familiar with the location.

Multiple alleged gang members are seen on the bodega’s surveillance system angrily storming into the store, grabbing a terrified Guzman-Feliz from behind the counter, punching him then dragging him to the sidewalk outside.

The teen desperately tried to hold onto the doorway, hoping to stay inside the store, before he was pulled outside and stabbed with knives and a machete. A lethal wound to the neck caused him to bleed to death.

The law enforcement source told PIX11 that Guzman-Feliz "had a pair of sandals when he was running. He ran out of his sandals. Police recovered his sandals about a block away from the bodega."

The source added that Guzman-Feliz grew up in a neighborhood where members of the Sunset division of the Trinitarios gang lived. The eight suspects accused of killing Guzman-Feliz are alleged to be members of the Zures or Sures crew.

Law enforcement source said the Zures were cruising for rivals when they noticed Guzman-Feliz walking. The teen apparently was frightened by the convoy of cars and started running. They gave chase.

The source confirmed there is a connection between some of the murder suspects and the stabbing of a 14-year-old boy on the Bronx River Parkway on June 18, two days before Guzman-Feliz was killed.

The 14-year-old attacked on the Bronx River Parkway survived, but needed emergency surgery and lost a kidney.

The law enforcement source also shot down the claims of one suspect, Kevin Alvarez, that he wasn’t a member of the gang and thought they were going to a party, when he caught up with the other suspects on June 20.

Alvarez said in a newspaper interview that he had just gotten a new job in construction.

Yet Alvarez is seen on the video dragging Guzman-Feliz out of the bodega before the gang sets upon the 15-year-old. Alvarez is seen wearing green and red beads around his neck, which sometimes connotes a gang affiliation.

He later shaved his small amount of facial hair and wasn’t wearing any beads when he turned himself in to the 48th Precinct, before other suspects were discovered hiding out in Paterson, New Jersey.

The law enforcement source told PIX11 that 15 to 20 Trinitarios gang members affiliated with the Zures gathered together that Wednesday night, getting into four separate cars, before they went cruising looking for rivals.

The source repeated information that PIX11 News reported on Friday: that a sex tape had nothing to do with Guzman-Feliz's killing. The source said that video had been online for months.

PIX11 also asked the source about “Jason,” a friend that Guzman-Feliz had mentioned to his mother, before he went out. Many in the community believed that Jason had set up Guzman-Feliz for a hit.

The source said Jason had been interviewed early in the investigation and he had been 99 percent ruled out as having any involvement.

Shula

Law enforcement source said the Zures were cruising for rivals when they noticed Guzman-Feliz walking.
The 14-year-old attacked on the Bronx River Parkway survived, but needed emergency surgery and lost a kidney.

I have zero problems with law enforcement hunting down every single member of this gang and obliterating it. Not killing them, but however they can render them powerless and dissolved as a gang, I am for it. I grew up in the midst of a community like this. Decent, hardworking people should not be afraid to make a simple store run in their own neighborhoods. What sickened me as a kid is I could NEVER understand how they murdered their very own. I could not look at somebody in the same struggle as me, "looks" like me, and nurse a hatred so deep that I'm killing them. We have enough enemies outside of our communities against us. This mother will be haunted by this for the rest of her life. It takes my breath away to imagine one of my daughters running in pure terror for blocks and then butchered like this. These types of people have no place in society. Hunt them all down and stay on them until they have legit charges to put them all away.

Petal26

I have zero problems with law enforcement hunting down every single member of this gang and obliterating it. Not killing them, but however they can render them powerless and dissolved as a gang, I am for it. I grew up in the midst of a community like this. Decent, hardworking people should not be afraid to make a simple store run in their own neighborhoods. What sickened me as a kid is I could NEVER understand how they murdered their very own. I could not look at somebody in the same struggle as me, "looks" like me, and nurse a hatred so deep that I'm killing them. We have enough enemies outside of our communities against us. This mother will be haunted by this for the rest of her life. It takes my breath away to imagine one of my daughters running in pure terror for blocks and then butchered like this. These types of people have no place in society. Hunt them all down and stay on them until they have legit charges to put them all away.

:yep: The level of indoctrination and brainwashing is truly alarming. I'm normally iffy on the death penalty, but when there is video and this level of violence, you can't argue much. Too bad NY doesn't have the death penalty anymore.

Shula

:yep: The level of indoctrination and brainwashing is truly alarming. I'm normally iffy on the death penalty, but when there is video and this level of violence, you can't argue much. Too bad NY doesn't have the death penalty anymore.

Same, but since there is video and no chance of an innocent person being put to death, do what you have to do. This is truly evil among us.

HappilyLiberal

You know why. I'm sure his family knows whose done it at this point to. But they have to live in that neighborhood. I'm worried for their safety. I'm also worried for the other guy they intended to kill. I live in a particularly violent city and have never heard of anything so depraved. WTF is happening in the Bronx??

Not really... if you remove all of the murders of criminals killing other criminals, our murder rate is relatively low!

HappilyLiberal

Me posting that wasn't to make black men look good since I know that's the underlying reason for this debate...

I don't think it's about making black men look good. I think it's about the revisionist narrative being put out there RE: the origins of gangs in black communities. While that research may have been peer-reviewed and used appropriate methodology(ies), the fact is that it is still qualitative research which has the disadvantaged of being biased toward whatever narrative the subject/interviewee is attempting to put out there. I.e., a bunch of old heads attempting to pretty-up the damage they did to their communities!

Southernbella.

I don't think it's about making black men look good. I think it's about the revisionist narrative being put out there RE: the origins of gangs in black communities. While that research may have been peer-reviewed and used appropriate methodology(ies), the fact is that it is still qualitative research which has the disadvantaged of being biased toward whatever narrative the subject/interviewee is attempting to put out there. I.e., a bunch of old heads attempting to pretty-up the damage they did to their communities!

But they aren't saying EVERY gang was started to protect the bc or that those gangs were never involved in illegal activity. As far as I can tell, the gangs I was referencing that started in response to racial violence were a small minority.

I honestly don't understand this debate because y'all are arguing points I never made. None of what I said or posted pretties up anything, it's just fact.

Layluh

But they aren't saying EVERY gang was started to protect the bc or that those gangs were never involved in illegal activity. As far as I can tell, the gangs I was referencing that started in response to racial violence were a small minority.

I honestly don't understand this debate because y'all are arguing points I never made. None of what I said or posted pretties up anything, it's just fact.

I think since the tide is turning on this board a bit regarding BM, some folks don’t want to give BM ANY passes. Like calm down <insert blue ivy calm down gif>, it’s ok for bm to be collective failures while still saying some gangs weren’t violent in the beginning.

I’ve always heard that drugs are what increased gang violence though.

But on another note. Looky here looky here

And they arrested someone else today. Diego Suero who I read is pretty high ranking. No pics yet

Last edited:

Southernbella.

I think since the tide is turning on this board a bit regarding BM, some folks don’t want to give BM ANY passes. Like calm down, it’s ok for bm to be collective failures while still saying some gangs weren’t violent in the beginning.

I’ve always heard that drugs are what increased gang violence though.

But on another note. Looky here looky here

And they arrested someone else today. Diego Suero who I read is pretty high ranking. No pics yet

Chile...and the gag is, I haven't been giving black men any passes either. Smdh.

Crackers Phinn

Either A Blessing Or A Lesson.
The bigger gag is that my comments were influenced by leading a Torah Study about the problems that result when nostalgia romanticizes the past to the point of being unrecognizable.

Southernbella.

The bigger gag is that my comments were influenced by leading a Torah Study about the problems that result when nostalgia romanticizes the past to the point of being unrecognizable.

What does that have to do with anything I said? My point was that gangs these days don't have the racial awareness to avenge the racial killing of someone who looks like them. Dassit. And then you took it and ran ALL the way left with it as if I was saying all black gangs were founded with the sole mission of protecting the black community. Ain't nobody romanticizing anything. Good grief.

Shula

On Black Twitter the other day, someone (an academic, I believe), mentioned gangs no longer protecting the community as they used to. I forgot who said it originally but when I did a search I found that quite a few people believed some gangs were initially formed to protect the community. I have never studied this subject, as you ladies have, so I'm not claiming any expertise. I never found the original tweet but here are some others:

Last edited:

Shula

However they started, none I've heard of today are remotely anything close to a positive force in any neighborhood. In this tweet, I'm offering Miguel's take on what some people say the original purpose of gangs were. I'm not able to isolate one tweet, for some reason Twitter will give you a 2fer when trying to copy a tweet.

Shula

The community should be calling out the Trinitarios, and running anyone associated with the gang out of the neighborhood.

Your comments always offer a POV that never occurs to me in several threads. Thank you. The point you made above flew over my head the first time I read it. I remember a video I saw of a very emotionally upset young man elevated above the crowd and speaking in front of the shuttered bodega. He was saying they need to shut the business down for not doing enough to help the victim. I could be wrong, but I do not remember him saying anything about shutting down this gang and that's exactly where their efforts need to go. I don't know how to achieve that though when the cops are a bigger and just as vicious presence in the neighborhood and you can't call on them for the support or protection you need because of their own corruption. Sad situation all around.

Last edited: