Teen Boy Killed In Bronx Bodega

Southernbella.

However they started, none I've heard of today are remotely anything close to a positive force in any neighborhood. In this tweet, I'm offering Miguel's take on what some people say the original purpose of gangs were. I'm not able to isolate one tweet, for some reason Twitter will give you a 2fer when trying to copy a tweet.

I don't think most gangs of any color were ever a truly positive force in their communities. Even the ones that protected also had bad elements and had no problems preying on their communities. But still, at their inception they were racially aware enough to care about keeping outsiders away.

Of the tweets you posted I think Miguel and Beaner are closest to the truth because they were careful to qualify their statements. *Some" is an important word in this discussion.

Shula

I don't think most gangs of any color were ever a truly positive force in their communities. Even the ones that protected also had bad elements and had no problems preying on their communities.

Absolutely and just in case, I hope I didn't imply that I thought you were saying that in any way. Throughout the whole conversation, I could see that was the point you were making: that a "few" started with the lofty goal of protecting communities but later evolved into another "pestilence" on the black community as black communities primarily sustained the damaged they committed through: selling drugs, killings, etc.

Those "few" may have started out with the ideals of the Black Panther Party but ended up being more like The Crips and The Bloods. And of course, as Crackers was saying, our communities suffered greatly because of them.

*Some" is an important word in this discussion.
:yep: That's why I put it in red font.

Last edited:

Southernbella.

Absolutely and just in case, I hope I didn't imply that I thought you were saying that in any way. Throughout the whole conversation, I could see that was the point you were making: that a "few" started with the lofty goal of protecting communities but later evolved into another "pestilence" on the black community as black communities primarily sustained the damaged they committed through: selling drugs, killings, etc.

Those "few" may have started out with the ideals of the Black Panther Party but ended up being more like The Crips and The Bloods. And of course, as Crackers was saying, our communities suffered greatly because of them.

:yep: That's why I put it in red font.

Oh no I knew you weren't saying that. I was agreeing with your points. I think a couple of the tweeters were leaning towards the romanticizing angle that Crackers mentioned but Miguel and Beaner did a better job qualifying their statements.

SoopremeBeing

I think these kids know nothing about what a real gangster is. I don't condone it but real gangsters died years ago or they were smart/lucky enough to get out the game alive. I never saw Pablo Escobar or Frank Lucas crying in court, just saying.

They know nothing about "being about that life." Just a bunch of knuckleheads and unfortunately people like Junior tend to get caught in the crossfire.

Crackers Phinn

Either A Blessing Or A Lesson.
Me posting that wasn't to make black men look good since I know that's the underlying reason for this debate...
The bigger gag is that my comments were influenced by leading a Torah Study about the problems that result when nostalgia romanticizes the past to the point of being unrecognizable.
What does that have to do with anything I said?

You said what you "know". What you "know" didn't have anything to do with what or why I was posting.

Crackers Phinn

Either A Blessing Or A Lesson.
^^^More than 15 involved in the death of this one boyboy? I do not get it. Whyyyyyy????? What was the motive? This case makes no sense.
Reasonable doubt. I haven't watched the video and call me racist but alladese dudes who got picked up look alike. You throw in 10 extra dudes and grainy closed caption video and "It wasn't me" becomes reasonable defense. If somebody is snitching that is a problem but if they are all locked up it might not be a problem for long.

Layluh

Reasonable doubt. I haven't watched the video and call me racist but alladese dudes who got picked up look alike. You throw in 10 extra dudes and grainy closed caption video and "It wasn't me" becomes reasonable defense. If somebody is snitching that is a problem but if they are all locked up it might not be a problem for long.

They really do look alike and all their names are the same. It’s hard to keep track!

discodumpling

Where is the young girl that this all started about? Has she also issued an apology for her thotty ways that got Lesandro killed for mistaken identity?

ThirdEyeBeauty

These gangsters are her friends and family. You sound like she called 1-800 find a thug.

Why were they her friends? Ah so many questions.

I admit I did not read the article. I was hoping to get a short summary about this case. I was imagining she told a "thuggish boyfriend" that some man was bothering her and she pointed to the wrong guy.

Looks like this one would require me to read about it to get a good understanding. It already sounds too crazy for me so I won't.

HappilyLiberal

Why were they her friends? Ah so many questions.

I admit I did not read the article. I was hoping to get a short summary about this case. I was imagining she told a "thuggish boyfriend" that some man was bothering her and she pointed to the wrong guy.

Looks like this one would require me to read about it to get a good understanding. It already sounds too crazy for me so I won't.

The thug who orchestrated this is her brother!

BlueEra

So what is the current theory as to a
motive? It's not a case of mistaken identity?

The last article I read about this (which was a couple of weeks ago because I needed a break) said that the guys were looking for gang rivals to attack that night and happened upon him.

Apparently it's still a case of mistaken identity because they happened upon him and mistook him as a member from a rival set.