Tell me about the ingredients

Bublin

I'm not that great at understanding ingredients in hair products so i was wondering if some of you experts could help me out.

I'm on the search for a truly moisturising moisturiser. It must not contain any kind of protein as i am suffering from protein overload and have realised my hair is very protien sensitive. I'm also realising that most products that claim to moisturise actually contain some sort of protien.

I invite others to use this thread.....Post ingredients and let our resident experts decifer the big words!!! :grin:

So......

Can you tell me if this product contains protien?

Donna-Marie Super Buttercreme
Ingredients: Water, botanical infusion of aloe vera, nettle and horsetail extracts, vegetable glycerin, *fractionated coconut oil, Shea butter, sweet almond oil, *vegetable emulsifier, cupuacu butter, meadowfoam seed oil, tucuma butter, xanthan gum, vitamin E, silver citrate, citric acid, potassium sorbate, fragrance.

naturalTAN

There's no protein in that moisturizer.

And most moisturizers have a little protein in them because it helps moisture bind to the hair.

Bublin

There's no protein in that moisturizer.

And most moisturizers have a little protein in them because it helps moisture bind to the hair.

Thanks. Yes. I am aware of that which is why i am searching for the few out there that have no protein at all. It also seems like i have to pay premium price too. :ohwell:

kupenda

Have you tried bear fruit hair? You can create your own moisturizer that doubles as a leave in with all the ingredients you want. And I'm sure that if you emailed the company when placing your order to tell them you could not handle protein, they would at least try to help you out. I hope that helps

Sent from my iPhone using LHCF

Bublin

In the UK we don't have access to alot of the yummy products recommended here - that is why i am having so much trouble.

Eta - i may just have research making my own.

HairRaiser

You can tell if an ingredient is a protein if it says "protein" or "amino acid" because amino acids are what proteins are made of

ex: "silk amino acids" are small molecules of silk protein

HTH!

melissa-bee

If you are serious about finding one without any protein you may have to go back to basics.
Get a natural butter like shea butter, avocado butter or mango butter.. What I normally do is spritz my hair with water and then add the butter which leaves my hair moisturised for a couple of days.
Or you can get the butters and do your own mixes with olive oil or something.
Or you can get some pre-mixed ones from Anita Grant which are nice as well.

PAgirl

I'm protein sensitive too and I found my hair hates aloe and coconut oil. Coconut oil retains the protein in the hair shaft while aloe vera has is made of protein.