"TERROR IN THE SALON" LONG

fallback

Hi Ladies!!

I wanted to tell you ladies about my experience at the dominican salon this morning. I decided to get up and go get my hair done early this morning for my birthday which is today.:grin: I contemplated whether I wanted my hair in long layers I just got tired of my hair being boring. So I decided to go ahead and get my hair cut. Ladies I get there...and keep in mind I've been in this shop several times and my hair always looks nice when I come out of there. Lord...why did I watch this lady get crucified with a perm :perplexed I was sitting under the dryer and watching the owner’s sister put a relaxer on a client. The lady getting the relaxer had about 3a/3b hair with no edges. I kid you not y'all she had NO EDGES. This was a mean looking lady too. So I'm sitting there underneath the dryer getting a deep conditioner and watching the lady put this relaxer in. WHY did the stylist start putting perm on her forehead?????? I'm saying forehead ladies because there was no hair in the front of this lady’s head...so WTH was the stylist perming??????? HER SKIN!!! My eyes are getting big as I watch and I look around to see if anybody else is watching this....low and behold my eyes connect with another lady and she's watching too and shaking her head and looking at me like help her:ohwell:......Oh heck no...I'm not saying nothing because remember this lady is already looking like she can shoot bullets with her eyes and considering the fact that I just had surgery and I'm not suppose to be out with stitches so I'm minding my business.....a small part of me did want to say something to her or just slip her the website address:grin:. Instead the owner calls me over and starts to work on my head...I wasn't nervous with her because she's done my hair several times so she proceeds to give me long layers as I watch out the corner of my eye the chick with perm on her forehead. The lady doing her hair now has her sitting there while she proceeds to perm somebody else....:nono:WHAT!!!! This lady should have been at the sink getting perm rinsed out instead she sits and waits. I don't know how her hair turned out because I was outta there....I tried to take a picture on my cell phone while the lady wasn't looking but my sound was on and I didn't know how to turn it off :lachen: and I wasn't taking no chances on this lady trying to :boxing: me, so instead here is a picture of my hair. Just wanted to share.:yep:

Amari

I was at the salon yesturday got my sew in taken out and a relaxer.To me its common sense to make sure your hair is not tangled b4 you put the relaxer in yet alone wash my hair.I told her,detangle my hair,no not w/ that small comb I'm getting a relaxer I have new growth the big comb.She does ok hair not up to my standard but the best I ran into mainly because she listens w/o an attitude to what I tell her.Everyone else gets an attitude like I'm the professional I dont care if its your hair and that dont work w/ me I will walk out and wish they say something.I wish for once I can find a stylist in Houston that meets LHCF standards.Happy Bday!

MizzBrown

That client was stupid to sit there and let it happen.

If she doesn't care about her hair then why should anyone else?

fallback

That client was stupid to sit there and let it happen.

If she doesn't care about her hair then why should anyone else?

You know what a couple of people I told said the same thing it's her own fault and probably the reason she has no edges now.

gissellr78

omg your hair looks fantastic....obviously u can trust your stylist!

btw am sure that lady felt the cold relaxer or her skin....dont feel bad cause she let her do that

jahzyira

ouch!!! :burning: yet another horror story to add to the million reasons why i choose NOT to go to a salon.....

Happy Birthday!!!!!!!!!!

wheezy807

Happy birthday and your hair is beautiful! That's a damn shame about that woman but i'm glad you had a good experience.

naturalmanenyc

Happy Birthday!!! You hair looks great!

That is a crazy story.....but there are many of us who sit in the chair and don't say anything. That was me before LHCF.

However, at my last trip to the Dominican salon, I was on LHCF from my BB and I did finally speak up about the way my hair was being handled. And I was just getting a rollerset & blow out. If there was chemicals involved, I would have probably been making a scene.

ShaniKeys

Happy b-day, your hair looks fab! So sad to hear about the lady gettin her forehead permed:ohwell: I don't know why people refuse to get educated when using strong chemicals on their hair. Last time I was at the BSS two women got into an argument because the client was looking for a product that would relax and color her hair at the same time, I know these products exist, but this particular BSS didn't have it. And...the woman who worked @ the BSS said that she wouldn't advise the woman to do both coloring and relaxing on the same day, the client snapped: My hairdresser does this all the time, it's no problem for MY hair!:drunk:

prettynatural

Think, Do, Be
happy b-day. Poor lady, she didn't realize that perm and probably high tension hairstyles was the culprit. What people would do to slick down those edges!

ajacks

:birthday2 Your hair looks great!

Prior to LHCF I let my stylist do just about anything to my hair, I thought they knew best because they were professionals. But relaxer on the forehead seems like it would have to burn like crazy :ohwell:

missnicole

Happy Birthday! Your hair looks great. What salon did you go to?

That poor lady should lay off relaxers for a long while.

ladybug71

Happy Birthday and your hair looks fantastic. :)

Wow! That lady must have been nuts to sit there and take that shoddy hair treatment.

Ariana4000

Well, at least your hair looks good. At the DR salon I go to, I see them jacking up folks hair with perm. They will NEVER do mine.:nono:

HappyHairDreams

Prior to LHCF I let my stylist do just about anything to my hair, I thought they knew best because they were professionals.

That was me above, I let them do whatever they wanted but I haven't set foot in a hair salon since I joined LHCF.

Happy Birthday!

Nonie

Maybe she thought putting perm on her forehead would ensure when it grew back (if it did) it'd already be permed. :dork: Shame. :nono:

Your hair does look nice. Happy birfday!

fallback

Maybe she thought putting perm on her forehead would ensure when it grew back (if it did) it'd already be permed. :dork: Shame. :nono:

Your hair does look nice. Happy birfday!

LOL....I don't know what either one of them was thinking:giggle: