Testimonies: Deliverance from Homosexuality

loolalooh

Let me begin by stating that via a search, it is apparent that the topic of "Homosexuality: Right or Wrong" has been had many times in this forum. It is not my intention for this thread to go that direction. My question is: Do you or someone you know have a testimony concerning deliverance from homosexuality?

A few weeks ago, I was watching the show "What Would You Do?". The show basically involves a hidden camera and actors playing out real life situations in order to garner a response from unbeknownst bystanders. In this particular situation, I watched an actor mom and her actor son. The actor son played out a scenario in which he was coming out to his mother (and also telling her he wanted a sex change or something to that effect) while the actor mom criticized her son for saying such a thing. Given the scene that played out, it was very easy to view the son as an innocent human being as opposed to a person in sin:ohwell: ...

Which led to eventually ponder a show I watched a year or so ago that documented the stories of a few individuals who were delivered from homosexuality. These were real life stories. Real people. I watched the documentary but was not convinced by their deliverances at the end. One individual was still struggling, so I guess I take that back. He wasn't delivered. Another individual said she was delivered but had yet to enter a relationship with a man. A third individual was delivered and married to a woman but still held an "aura" of homosexuality. The love between him and his wife wasn't convincing. This and other observations lead me to the following question ...

Do you or someone you know have a testimony concerning deliverance from homosexuality? If so, please share.

Again, please let's not turn this into a "sin vs. not a sin" thread. I just want to hear testimonies. Thanks. P.S. I plan to read Donnie McClurkin's full story later today or tomorrow.

SummerSolstice

Let me begin by stating that via a search, it is apparent that the topic of "Homosexuality: Right or Wrong" has been had many times in this forum. It is not my intention for this thread to go that direction. My question is: Do you or someone you know have a testimony concerning deliverance from homosexuality?

A few weeks ago, I was watching the show "What Would You Do?". The show basically involves a hidden camera and actors playing out real life situations in order to garner a response from unbeknownst bystanders. In this particular situation, I watched an actor mom and her actor son. The actor son played out a scenario in which he was coming out to his mother (and also telling her he wanted a sex change or something to that effect) while the actor mom criticized her son for saying such a thing. Given the scene that played out, it was very easy to view the son as an innocent human being as opposed to a person in sin:ohwell: ...

Which led to eventually ponder a show I watched a year or so ago that documented the stories of a few individuals who were delivered from homosexuality. These were real life stories. Real people. I watched the documentary but was not convinced by their deliverances at the end. One individual was still struggling, so I guess I take that back. He wasn't delivered. Another individual said she was delivered but had yet to enter a relationship with a man. A third individual was delivered and married to a woman but still held an "aura" of homosexuality. The love between him and his wife wasn't convincing. This and other observations lead me to the following question ...

Do you or someone you know have a testimony concerning deliverance from homosexuality? If so, please share.

Again, please let's not turn this into a "sin vs. not a sin" thread. I just want to hear testimonies. Thanks. P.S. I plan to read Donnie McClurkin's full story later today or tomorrow.

I wouldn't say that... I have had bouts with my drinking and sometimes I slip but I'm no longer a slave to the habit.

Also I know a guy who was SOOOOOOOO GAY in highschool. He is currently happily married. He still has a few "buttercup" tendencies (dance ministry :lol:), but he was dating women for several years before his wife. I believe he has put that life behind him.

I wouldn't marry a man who slept with a man though.

LucieLoo12

This lady who goes to my church was gay. I mean butch gay, look like a man, talk like a man, dress, walk , EVERYTHING about her screamed MAN!!!

But today, she is a beautiful woman engaged to be married,if you didn't know her you would have never guessed she was ever gay.

This other man use to be a cross dresser and he was gay. He dressed like a woman, and sell his body to man for drugs(he had alot of sexual abuse in his childhood). But today, that man is delievered. His whole nature is changed. Same thing, you would never guess what he is he used to be. He preaching the gospel and against homosexuality.

But that's how God do it. When God delievers who cleans and frees. He even cleans up the "residue", he leaves no evidence behind except your testimony. Now someone can be ensnare again in the yoke of bondage, but once God frees you and keep yourself free...you free. Who the Son of Man sets free is free INDEED..

Last edited:

SummerSolstice

This lady who goes to my church was gay. I been butch gay, look like a man, talk like a man, dress, walk , EVERYTHING about her screamed MAN!!!

But today, she is a beautiful woman engaged to be married,if you didn't know her you would have never guessed she was ever gay.

This other man use to be a cross dresser and he was gay. He dressed like a woman, and sell his body to man for drugs(he had alot of sexual abuse in his childhood). But today, that man is delievered. His whole nature is changed. Same thing, you would never guess what he is he used to be. He preaching the gospel and against homosexuality.

But that's how God do it. When God delievers who cleans and frees. He even cleans up the "residue", he leaves no evidence behind except your testimony. Now someone can be ensnare again in the yoke of bondage, but once God frees you and keep yourself free...you free. Who the Son of Man sets free is free INDEED..

Yep. Any double dipping is the fault of the person. And then God's like fine... I'll just have to free u again :bat: :lol:

I don't know if that was the best smiley but i tried :lol:

LucieLoo12

If His mercy permits us to be free again. Hopefully we wont be turned over to a reprobate mind. The bible says he has mercy on whom He will.

The bible also speaks about the the unclean spirit when it left the man, how when he came back and found the house to swept (the man free) and how the spirit came back with seven spirits and tried to take ahold again.

So once you get free, and get entangled again, it gets harder to become free. You open yourself up to even more spirits.

Yep. Any double dipping is the fault of the person. And then God's like fine... I'll just have to free u again :bat: :lol:

I don't know if that was the best smiley but i tried :lol:

loolalooh

This lady who goes to my church was gay. I been butch gay, look like a man, talk like a man, dress, walk , EVERYTHING about her screamed MAN!!!

Alicialynn86:

Thank you for these testimonies! :) The bolded especially.

loolalooh

Dennis Jernigan...

This man's ministry has been a blessing for years. I never knew his testimony until years after I first heard his music and learned of his unwavering love for God.

A few years ago, I was listening to his testimony on "Focus on the Family". Oh' what a Mighty God we serve.

Here's Dennis' story...

http://www.dennisjernigan.com/djs-story

I've always loved his music...

http://newprojects.dennisjernigan.com/

Shimmie:

Thank you! I'll check out his story. :)

Shimmie

"God is the Only Truth -- Period"
Staff member
Shimmie:

Thank you! I'll check out his story. :)

There are more being delivered from this bondage than 'others' want the world to know about. gays will proclaim that once gay always gay. There are so many contradictions to what they proclaim is inborn and premanent.

However... whom the 'son' sets free is free indeed. :yep: And many have been set free and are growing in numbers daily.

Hence the 'fight' for gays to have so many rights. It's a ploy to hide the truth that this is not a sealed lifestyle. No one has to remain gay. God made this provision on the cross.

Sarophina

The Passion for Christ Movement has an exhomosexual movement
Here are a few of the testimonies

This video is of a lady that was a big advocate for gay rights, she was a lesbian for 29 years before she repented.
http://youtu.be/PmTiqcIbXrw

This is a video of D.L. Foster who started the gay Christian movement Watch, a blog dedicated to upholding biblical standards of sexuality.
http://youtu.be/0iYTdBZ4Jkw

Here's the link to his blog as well:
http://www.gcmwatch.com/

Lanea87

Natural Gang Gang Gang
I have a friend who is battling this issue would it be wrong to send her these links or should I just stay out of it? In a way I dont think she is entirely ready to change even though she says she is because hse knows that it is wrong. She doesnt want girls or boys even more. Its weird because we attend bible study together and she is a really good friend and always there when I need her, and I wanna help if I am able to.

Shimmie

"God is the Only Truth -- Period"
Staff member
I have a friend who is battling this issue would it be wrong to send her these links or should I just stay out of it? In a way I dont think she is entirely ready to change even though she says she is because hse knows that it is wrong. She doesnt want girls or boys even more. Its weird because we attend bible study together and she is a really good friend and always there when I need her, and I wanna help if I am able to.

Being gay doesn't make a person vile or bad, neither does it devalue them as a human being nor render them disfunctional or without talents, gifts, or intelligence.

They are sexually and emotionally challenged. The only person who understands this is Jesus who can and will deliver them from this bondage to sin.

Pray and ask God to lead you with this information. Ask God to lead you in sharing this with her in a loving and gentle manner and to prepare her heart to receive it and to welcome a new life free from this bondage to sin. That she will know the truth and the truth that she comes to know will make her free indeed as the price was paid for her freedom, paid in full.

This day, she shall know that it is God who has always been for her and not against her; God condemns her not. And with God on her side, she will never be denied...... total freedom and deliverance in every area of her life.

In Jesus' Name... Amen and Amen.

Lanea87

Natural Gang Gang Gang
Being gay doesn't make a person vile or bad, neither does it devalue them as a human being nor render them disfunctional or without talents, gifts, or intelligence.

They are sexually and emotionally challenged. The only person who understands this is Jesus who can and will deliver them from this bondage to sin.

Pray and ask God to lead you with this information. Ask God to lead you in sharing this with her in a loving and gentle manner and to prepare her heart to receive it and to welcome a new life free from this bondage to sin. That she will know the truth and the truth that she comes to know will make her free indeed as the price was paid for her freedom, paid in full.

This day, she shall know that it is God who has always been for her and not against her; God condemns her not. And with God on her side, she will never be denied...... total freedom and deliverance in every area of her life.

In Jesus' Name... Amen and Amen.

Thanks.....