Texas Justice - Hair Suit

kitchen_tician

i was wondering if anyone is going to catch "texas justice" today on tv. i saw a brief clip where a woman is suing a stylist for putting a product on her hair and the tv show is going to conduct a test to see what will happen on a weaved peace of hair. of couse who knows what the show will be about, that was just a snippet, but i won't be here to see it because i have to go to work. so, for those that happen to catch it, please update us. oh and i live in atlanta, so if you live somewhere else it may be different episode. thanks

Supergirl

With Love & Silk
I remember watching it once and the woman was mad because she'd gotten a "bad" weave. Is it the same show?

kitchen_tician

no, the stylist used a product on the woman's hair and it fell out and then the show tested the product on the weave, but i don't know the details.

val1212

I saw it and what happened was the hairdresser used a product other than the product used in the past in this ladys hair and it took clumps of it out. she brought the hair to court. They had this hair chemist test some clumps of hair to see if it lose eslasticity. The chemist said there was nothiing wrong with the product. however the client had pictures of her breakage but still lost the case. It wasn't a fair case.

blue_flower

Maybe there was something wrong with the woman's hair. Possibly it could've been already damaged before.

patience

Thanks for the info Val1212. I'm not going to lie, I'm glad that she lost the case. The ULTIMATE care of her hair is her responsibility. She knew that she was taking a risk when she went to have those chemicals applied. If she wasn't comfortable with what was being applied to her hair, she should NOT have let the stylist apply it...plain and simple. I hate that her hair was damage like that, but she was as much at fault as the stylist.

Sweetyb

Sounds like this lady's had this proceedure before though, and that the stylist just used another product on her hair. If that's the case, maybe the stylist is at fault for using another product than the one she's used to using... without telling the client. And why would they perform the experiment on weaved hair, knowing it's not the same as human hair???

Similar thing happened to my mom... the stylist couldn't find her usual texturizing product in stores so she got something else, put it in my mom's hair without telling her. My mom had to come back to the salon after noticing that her hair was drying real limp and had a different feel and "scolded" her stylist for using something else (which she had to guess because the stylist didn't tell her).

I think some of these stylists need to be a little more serious when dealing with people's hair.

patience

I think they are serious...about getting your money anyway. However, I DO feel that they should be honest AND upfront about EVERYTHING and give you the option to say no. I don't know if that happened in this instance or not.