Texlax hair - Show your wet hair

prospurr4

Here a couple of my pics of damp, texlaxed hair:

jade998

Here a couple of my pics of damp, texlaxed hair:

Your hair looks really nice and looks a little like mine.

What conditioners do you usually use and how do you style your hair. I am looking for new inspiration apart from direct heat.

jade998

Bumping.... for more pictures and how to's...

How do you dry texlax hair without it looking frizzy?

jade998

Wow I think I want to telax. What is everyone telaxing with? Or should I make a seperate thread for this.

Actually what you are doing is underprocessing your hair. I prefer to use lye relaxers and at the moment using Silk elements Lye relaxer. I started adding Silk Amino Acid to mine (I got the powder form), some add olive oil to the relaxer. I basically use a mild relaxer 15mins. I am 4b, so I wasn't expecting curls, but I get waves and it is more managable for me than when it was natural. It was easier for me to be texlax as I was natural for 3 years, so I was starting from scatch.

prospurr4

Your hair looks really nice and looks a little like mine.

What conditioners do you usually use and how do you style your hair. I am looking for new inspiration apart from direct heat.

I'm sorry jade...I'm just now seeing your post. Thanks for the compliment. I cowash once/week with VO5 conditioner, and I DC every 8-9 weeks with Motions Moisture Plus Conditioner, during the relaxer touchup process. My complete hair regimen is in the "About Me" section of my fotki. For my hair styles, I have pics in my fotki; check out the "Hair Styles" and "How Is It Done?" albums.

metro_qt

I'm texlaxed too now.
Originally texturized, but I wanted bone straight. This is what my stylist gave me :rolleyes:
The first picture is when my hair is wet, as it dries you see that the roots are straight and relaxed, the ends arent.

Attachments

• IMG00031.jpg
    IMG00031.jpg
    79.5 KB · Views: 628
  • IMG00038.jpg
    IMG00038.jpg
    67.6 KB · Views: 618
  • IMG00028.jpg
    IMG00028.jpg
    96.3 KB · Views: 595
Last edited:

Kurlee

I'm texlaxed too now.
Originally texturized, but I wanted bone straight. This is what my stylist gave me :rolleyes:
The first picture is when my hair is wet, as it dries you see that the roots are straight and relaxed, the ends arent.
you hair looks beautifl and healthy metroqt! Where do you get ur hurr done?:grin:

OhmyKimB

More pics! More pics!

You guys are helping me fight the urge to just relax ....maybe I'll hold off long enough to start texturizing or texlaxing my new growth

metro_qt

you hair looks beautifl and healthy metroqt! Where do you get ur hurr done?:grin:

Hey Kurlee! thanks!
i get my hair done at this salon on Eglinton W. in Toronto.. (I don't know if you're familiar with Toronto)

The man that owns the salon/does my hair is a rastafarian and keeps experimenting with my hair :look:

Kurlee

Hey Kurlee! thanks!
i get my hair done at this salon on Eglinton W. in Toronto.. (I don't know if you're familiar with Toronto)

The man that owns the salon/does my hair is a rastafarian and keeps experimenting with my hair :look:
Lol! :lachen:

Last edited:
N

NaturalBeauty87

The first one was after my first texlax and the second one is my last texlax. I used ORS lye for about 5 mins

Attachments

• 100_0513.jpg
    100_0513.jpg
    91.1 KB · Views: 506
  • 100_1017.jpg
    100_1017.jpg
    93.4 KB · Views: 523

Shalilac

I'm texlaxed too now.

I :love: your hair!!! I'll post a pic a later.

SignatureBeauty

Sweetfacekay! your hair is so beautiful, all of you ladies hair is beautiful, I have been wanting to texlax for so long again, but I keep fighting to try to stay natural, but if it don't work I know what I will do LOL!!!!

Aggie

Here are my pictures. These are old. It looks totally different now.
The brown stuff on my shoulders in bentonite clay (that stuff is messy)

Wow, this is really beautiful and exactly how I want my texlaxed hair to look . I'm thinking about transitioning to texlax again. I am tired of thin fine looking hair. I want BIG hair, lol:grin:.

Aggie

What is a corrective?

The corrective I did on my hair was when I transitioned from using no-lye relaxers to lye relaxers. The way I did it was I relaxed my entire head of hair with the lye relaxer including the already relaxed hair so that my hair would behave a little differntly and absorb moisture better - it worked. There may be other ways to it but this is how I did mine.