Texlax hair - Show your wet hair

NGraceO

CharUK nemi95 I'm so late!!! So sorry!

That pic is from November when I texlaxed for the very first time. If you're still interested, here's what I did:

I added spectra(i think its called that) coconut oil to my ORS normal lye relaxer. I would add about the oil to the relaxer in a 1 to 3 ratio (1 part oil to 3 parts relaxer) and that's a guestimate. Also, I parted my hair in at least five horizontal sections, and relaxed it section by section, shampoo and conditioner and all. ummm, i left the relaxer in the sections for diff. Processing times depending on my texture in that section, but what helped me determine this was a strand test where i took two very small sections of my vigrin hair near one of my ears and relaxed them for two different times to see which result i liked better. I ended up choosing 7 minutes baseline time(which, again, i adjusted based on the varied textures i have) and voila! hope that helps. I plan on making a thread abt soon....so ill let u know when i do. And oh! before i neutralized (shampoo) i did the mid step protein treatment using aphogee 2 minute reconstructor which i left in for two minutes. but i think the MOST impt thing you should do is a strand test. everyones hair is diff, so its a must.

nemi95

CharUK nemi95 I'm so late!!! So sorry!

That pic is from November when I texlaxed for the very first time. If you're still interested, here's what I did:

I added spectra(i think its called that) coconut oil to my ORS normal lye relaxer. I would add about the oil to the relaxer in a 1 to 3 ratio (1 part oil to 3 parts relaxer) and that's a guestimate. Also, I parted my hair in at least five horizontal sections, and relaxed it section by section, shampoo and conditioner and all. ummm, i left the relaxer in the sections for diff. Processing times depending on my texture in that section, but what helped me determine this was a strand test where i took two very small sections of my vigrin hair near one of my ears and relaxed them for two different times to see which result i liked better. I ended up choosing 7 minutes baseline time(which, again, i adjusted based on the varied textures i have) and voila! hope that helps. I plan on making a thread abt soon....so ill let u know when i do. And oh! before i neutralized (shampoo) i did the mid step protein treatment using aphogee 2 minute reconstructor which i left in for two minutes. but i think the MOST impt thing you should do is a strand test. everyones hair is diff, so its a must.
How do you keep from over processing if you do it in sections, I mean if you have 4 sections do you apply product, wait 7 mins, then rinse, neutralize then do the next section? If the first section is still wet how do you guarantee no product from the 2nd section gets on the previously processed hair? I hope that makes sense. I've been natural for about 2 yrs and I'm considering a texlax at the end of the year.

NGraceO

How do you keep from over processing if you do it in sections, I mean if you have 4 sections do you apply product, wait 7 mins, then rinse, neutralize then do the next section? If the first section is still wet how do you guarantee no product from the 2nd section gets on the previously processed hair? I hope that makes sense. I've been natural for about 2 yrs and I'm considering a texlax at the end of the year.

nemi95 I separate and clip each section I'm not working with away with plastic processing caps to prevent that. And yes, each section I do the complete process on (relax, shampoo, condition) before moving to the next ( I leave in the conditioner when moving to the next section)