Texlax/Texturizer??

ImaBoss

This may be a dumb question to some of you, but I would like to know if TexLax'ing and a Texturizer the same thing? if so can one start with a Texturizer/Texlax, and transition into a regular relaxer if you choose to do so?

Thanks

ImaBoss

From what I tried read, I can assume that its a matter of opinion as to if a Texlax is a Texturizer..

Thanks for the reponses!

beans4reezy

Some would argue they are the same thing...but the differences between the two are subtle and vary by degree.

For instance a texlax is a relaxer that is left on for a shorter period of time than your traditional relaxer. Your purpose is not to get the hair bone straight, but to straighten it out just a little. With a texlax, you can wear your hair straight or wear a wash n go.

Texturizer, again is a relaxer that is left on for a shorter period of time than even the texlax. The texturizer loosens the curl pattern up; just a bit. Some women with texturizers still have the look of natural hair as a lot of the texture is still left.

Again, they are all relaxers...just a matter of degress separate them:

Relaxer (Straight)
Textlax (Semi-Straight)
Texturizer (wavy/curly)

HTH

Tiye

To answer the second part of your question - keep in mind that with a texturizer/texlaxer your hair is still relaxed - just not relaxed to straight. So if you wanted to transition the full length of your texturized hair to bone straight - that would be a double process and a lot of times double processing doesn't end well for people. So if you wanted to go from textured to straight you probably should do it with the understanding that you'd have to cut off the textured ends.