Texlaxed ends not working out..

Glamiam

Hi ladies, I need some advice on my texlaxed hair. Well only my ends are texlaxed, and that was by accident when a year+ back my hair was underprocessed. Now the underprocessed hair grew down to the ends. I don't have a problem with having texlaxed ends, my hair looks fuller and more healthier, its just that i feel that my hair breaks more. I deep condition every week, and i also do protein treatments. I know this may sound CRAZY, but if i were to want my ends bone straight, would i have to comb relaxer through it for a very very short period of time? I really don't like using the flatiron or blow-dryer to straighten my hair, and when i do, because its texlaxed the humidity outside makes it frizzy.:perplexed

Chevelure618

I tried rerelaxing the underprocessed sections when I had underprocessed sections and i think it made them weaker. I would flat iron over it until it grows out if I were you. Use a lot of heat protectant and a good one like chi. Those thin ones like Fantasia don't seem to work as well.

Glamiam

It made them weaker!:nono: ughh this is frustrating. Guess ill have to wait until they eventually cget clipped off little by little. Thanks for replying though!

simone103

I wouldn't re-relax the under-processed ends of your hair, because it could potentially make them weaker and more brittle. I have under-processed sections in my hair and I tried re-relaxing a very small section of my hair and it made it weaker. I would just make sure to keep the ends of your hair very moisturized, and get it trimmed away gradually.

ntm103

I had similar problem, most of my hair is texlaxed but my roots were recently relaxed straight by mistake. I considered relaxing the rest of my hair straight in order to have a uniform texture. I have now decided to just leave it as it is and not risk weakening my hair and potential breakage. I don't wear my hair straight often or do wash and gos so the difference in textures is only obvious when my hair is wet.

I had similar problem, most of my hair is texlaxed but my roots were recently relaxed straight by mistake. I considered relaxing the rest of my hair straight in order to have a uniform texture. I have now decided to just leave it as it is and not risk weakening my hair and potential breakage. I don't wear my hair straight often or do wash and gos so the difference in textures is only obvious when my hair is wet.

I Just did this last week. How did your hair hold up?

lana

If this helps at all, I have texlaxed hair, but one section (from roots to ends) was clearly underprocessed. I went ahead and did a corrective.
I usually texlax for about 10 minutes, so for the corrective, I left it on for 6 minutes and smoothed that section.

I haven't noticed any adverse effects, but my hair is silky and smooth in that area. It looks and feels great and I'm glad I did it.

Can you try one small section and monitor it for a few weeks and then consider your options?
I hope this helps.