Texlaxers-Can you wash and go?

sugaplum

Star Shooter
Yes I wash n go all the time. :) However, I'm always doing the baggie technique night/day. I do not do the baggie method when my hair is wet (because I feel that hair that is wet is very fragile).

jade998

I wish I can wash and go.. I feel like I could, but I just haven't figured the right product yet.

I am experimenting though. I might try Candy_C method, but use my avocado butter, shea butter, IC Fantasia gel, castor oil mix.

This is my how my hair looks if I wash and go (August 07)

I am 4b so there will be no ringlets or curls

Last edited:

Soliel185

I have resistant hair and I was a self relaxer so I was texlaxed by default. I read somewhere that the only time you have complete and utter control over frizz is when your hair is soaking wet -- so I started experimenting. In the shower I would separate my hair into 4 section, and 1 saturate ea with one of the Sunsilk leave ins - and then follow that by an covering of a serum. I think anything creamy, following by anything thick and serum like ( you could probably use avocado butter followed by glycerine or castor oil for example.) I would let it drip for a few moments, and then put a towel around my neck and let it dry hanging down. When it was about 75% dry I would scrunch the ends alittle. B/c of the leave in, serum combo my hair would dry...set if that makes any sense. Once it was dry I would separate the waves more and shake my hair out to break up the product. HTH

Soliel185

oh - I used to do it by just using reg con and not rinsing it out but I found that this dried out my hair and made it prone to breakage b/c the product stiffined -- adding the serum on top formed a barrier so the moisture from the con couldn't get out and my hair stayed soft all day.

Leslie_C

I wish I can wash and go.. I feel like I could, but I just haven't figured the right product yet.

I am experimenting though. I might try Candy_C method, but use my avocado butter, shea butter, IC Fantasia gel, castor oil mix.

Jade my hair is similar to yours and I used to do wash n gos all the time. Now Im tired of the style and prefer indirect heat for a neater more polished look and less frizzies. U can see my wash n gos in my fotki...there are a few pics. I had good results using design essentials wave by design line...there is a lotion and a spritz and it helped.

I mainly used homemade curl pudding though. My routine when I did that was I would co wash and then put in my leave in...then I would use john frieda dream curls spray and scrunch....I would then put some curl pudding on top of that for hold and lastly I would use oil (I used WGO) on top to counteract and dryness/hardness. Worked like a charm and they came out looking decent most of the time. Like you, I had more krinklies than anything (no curls....I had a few spirals in the back underneath). If my hair felt dry at all later on I would spritz a little carefree curl on it and it would soften back up. My wash n gos were only good for a day so Id have to repeat the process again. I would clarify every week or two since I was worried about product buildup.

ETA I attached a couple of pics...the first one is from may and the second one was a couple of months ago....they look different as my hair grows.

Attachments

• 7.jpg
    7.jpg
    4.2 KB · Views: 82
  • m_811b1f96a52b4bf5c593c3479c9e19cd.jpg
    m_811b1f96a52b4bf5c593c3479c9e19cd.jpg
    6.3 KB · Views: 78
Last edited:

PureSilver

Maybe a change in product will produce aome ringlets, have you experienced SSK since you have been texlaxing and how much is it. Do you find you have to trim your ends often?

lana

I'm a texlaxer - Mizani Lye for 5-7 minutes with conditioner and oil.

I cannot do a wash and go. I'm a 4b mostly and my BSL hair looks...like I just got out the shower and didn't touch it. That's not a cute look for me. So...I don't wash and go.

Prior to texlaxing I had dreams of beautiful ringlets and curls but that's not the result that I received. No ringlets, no curls. At times I'm tempted to go natural again, but I don't want to fight my hair.

My braidout looked okay...but it wasn't "oh la la" and I really don't like to leave the house as a DIYer without that "oh la la" feel. Still looking for tips though....Honestly I think I should have texturized, not texlaxed - there is a difference.