Texlaxers-Can you wash and go?

lonei

Hi ladies, I'm talking to people who's hair is more underprocessed not texturized. Can you wash and go and if so, what is your procedure, what products do you use and how long does it last?

Sistaslick

good question.

I can't "wash n go" :nono: I still have about 3 or so inches of bone straight hair on the ends-- so I don't think that would go over too well. :ohwell:

locfreeme

I'm the other way around. My hair is straighter at the top and the last 6 inches or so are curly. So if I wash and go, it's usually in a curly ponytail. I just put oil moisturizer on it with some oil.

goldensensation

I can wash and go. After I wash, I just put in some leave-in (breakfree) and a little bit of oil and it comes out good. I used to have straight ends from over or "proper" processing :lol: , but I cut the last of those off.

How long does it last?

Hmmm. Til the end of the day. It shrinks up.

Sistaslick

goldensensation said:
I can wash and go. After I wash, I just put in some leave-in (breakfree) and a little bit of oil and it comes out good. I used to have straight ends from over or "proper" processing :lol: , but I cut the last of those off.

How long does it last?

Hmmm. Til the end of the day. It shrinks up.

Do you scrunch it or anything with the products? Or just let it be?:)

Well I'm no expert and I'm new on this so you might not want to follow what i do,

but I'm underprocessed w/ Phtyorelaxer (when I first started beautiful curls but now I think due to overlapping less so)and the ONLY thing I do is wash and go. I don't want to use heat and rolling my hair up ever night would be too much for me.

All I used to do is after I wash it put in NTM, concentrating on ends and jojoba oil, but I don't think that's enough.

Last week I started using S-Curl and that seemed to work really well on my hair (have tried so many other leave ins that don't work). So now I'm using S-curl mostly on my roots and then NTM on top and on my ends and jojoba oil to seal.

BUT I'm wondering if this process has done me harm to my ends? B/c it's so curly on my ends the ends tanglying up?

As for a product to use to help get hair curly and stay that way I recommend John Freida Frizz Ease - I think that's the name - comes in a squirt bottle and you spray it on and crunch up your hair and works really good.

Nanyanika

I have 4 inches of curly ends (left over texturized hair) and bone straight hair at the top, i will never attempt a wash n go with this texture difference as you can expect a lot of breakage, not to mention newgrowth too.

divya

Yes, I wash and go all the time. Not sure if i would be considered texturized or texlaxed, if there is a difference. I use Biotera products. I wet my hair, and use Biotera regular conditioner. Then i leave some of the regular conditioner in and apply some leave-in conditioner. That's it. My curls come out very nice.

Isis

This is a good question. DSylla is a texlaxer and does a very beautiful wash and go and has pics of it in her album.

The only wash and go I tried was the one Neroli does, pulling hair back into a large bantu knot type bun and airdrying it that way. It was good but just took a long time to dry. I want to do it again in two buns to see if it dries faster.

Tene

I can wash and go with no problems. I just wash, then add some conditioner, coconut oil, some gel on my edges and nape area and let it airdry. Then after that I just clip it up after it's dry.

Last edited:

Amarech

Yes and its wonderful!

I have to make sure I have cond. in my hair when its wet. I blot the excess with a towel and go. For the first hour or so, I try not to let a lot of wind (like from the car window) blow too hard on it or it gets more bouffant than i like.

Now that i am properly texlaxed (not underprocessed like before) I can truly wash and go

LovelyZ

Taij said:
Yes and its wonderful!

I have to make sure I have cond. in my hair when its wet. I blot the excess with a towel and go. For the first hour or so, I try not to let a lot of wind (like from the car window) blow too hard on it or it gets more bouffant than i like.

This is how I do it as well. Put conditioner in while its wet and then I try not to mess with it or my hair gets BIG. I think I am underprocessed though, because my hair is very resistant to relaxer and the curl pattern will only loosen, never straighten. But that does not bother me; I like that I can do straight styles and wash and go, too.

Okay I just went to the bathroom and looked in the mirror and my hair is getting thinner and thinner it seems. :confused: :eek:

Is there anyway to wash and go as a 4a/b (underprocessed relaxer - hair curly when finished washing) w/o getting breakage???

Would braiding it even in one single braid, thus at least preventing ends from tangling w/in each other help??

Thanks for any advice.....

RabiaElaine

I can't wash and go because I only have 3 inches approximately of texlaxed hair and rest of the length is straight. I hope I can as I slooooowwwwllllllllllllllllyyyyyyyyyyy cut off the bone straight ends.

Isis

LovelyZ said:
This is how I do it as well. Put conditioner in while its wet and then I try not to mess with it or my hair gets BIG. I think I am underprocessed though, because my hair is very resistant to relaxer and the curl pattern will only loosen, never straighten. But that does not bother me; I like that I can do straight styles and wash and go, too.
LovelyZ, I have a few questions. When you put conditioner in it and let it airdry, do you mean you put a leave-in conditioner in it? Do you just let your hair hang down while it's drying? How long does your hair take to dry in this way? And what does your hair look like after it has dried?

LovelyZ

Isis said:
LovelyZ, I have a few questions. When you put conditioner in it and let it airdry, do you mean you put a leave-in conditioner in it? Do you just let your hair hang down while it's drying? How long does your hair take to dry in this way? And what does your hair look like after it has dried?

This may be bad, but I put a conditioner that you are supposed to wash out, but I leave it in. It adds weight to my hair so it doesn't get too big. I let it hang down to dry and it normally takes several hours to dry completely (6 hrs? maybe). After it has dried it looks wavy and some of my hair spirals, but the next day it looks TERRIBLE. It will be poofy and the waves are flattened out. So if I do wash and go, I have to do it fresh each day.

Isis

LovelyZ said:
This may be bad, but I put a conditioner that you are supposed to wash out, but I leave it in. It adds weight to my hair so it doesn't get too big. I let it hang down to dry and it normally takes several hours to dry completely (6 hrs? maybe). After it has dried it looks wavy and some of my hair spirals, but the next day it looks TERRIBLE. It will be poofy and the waves are flattened out. So if I do wash and go, I have to do it fresh each day.
Thank you for your reply. I'm wondering if switching to a leave-in conditioner and just airdrying it would work better and last longer. Sylver2 and SouthernGirl use a satin scarf to smooth it down while it's drying.

I do love the way your hair looks in your avatar and pics!

LovelyZ

Thanks, Isis.
I have never tried a wash n go with a leave-in; I will have to experiment this summer.

Legend

Trichological Alchemist
I'm definately not a wash-n-go-girl.:ohwell: The closest thing I do is use a leave-in, wrap my hair, and hold it in place with a nylon stocking cap, letting it air dry for a hour or two as I'm getting ready. However, I just have to do something with it (I can't stand straighter wrap syles on myself).

My best on-the-go style is a quick French twist (wet or dry hair), side-swept bangs, and a giant (like, HUGE) pair of sunglasses atop my head!!! :lol::lol: :lol:

BamaBelle

...All I can really do is wash n go since my hair is in an elaborated version of a twa and is underprocessed/textlaxed/whatever it is...
I'm planning to touch up today and allow the relaxer to process the curl a bit longer so that its more wavy than coily.... Pictures will be in my album soon.

OneInAMillion

I'm glad this thread popped back up. I can do this, but my hair is a nightmare the next day. It tangles up terribly. How are you ladies dealing with tangles if you wash-n-go? I don't have a problem getting the curls, there's just a great amount of frizz along with them. I use a leave-in after I wash too. I really want to eliminate heat this summer (no point to it), but I can't lose hair doing this. Any advice?

Candy_C

OneInAMillion said:
I'm glad this thread popped back up. I can do this, but my hair is a nightmare the next day. It tangles up terribly. How are you ladies dealing with tangles if you wash-n-go? I don't have a problem getting the curls, there's just a great amount of frizz along with them. I use a leave-in after I wash too. I really want to eliminate heat this summer (no point to it), but I can't lose hair doing this. Any advice?

Hi! try mixing your leave in with an oil...Olive oil will keep the frizzes out, or try a mix, like keracare essential, wonder 8, etc ;) also do not COMB, finger seperate and "sift". dont touch your hair until its 95-100% dry, then try doing two strand twists with grease. this works for me every time, i end up looking like i'm a natural 2a!