Texlaxers Support Thread

Evolving78

I am 7 weeks post too but no more long stretches for me. When I take those Toji Life hair Density vitamins, my new growth comes in strong! Last time I texturized at 11 weeks post. That was the shortest stretch for me in a long time but it was time. This time I may go up to the 14 week mark but no more than that. I always use the Just For Me texture softener and only leave in for 17 mins. I LOVE this HHJ!!
where did you get those from?

PlatinumBronze

Living my life like its Platinum!
I texlaxed earlier and left it on from start to finish a little over 15 mins. I should have left it on for a full 20 mins and passed a wide tooth comb through the center of my head where my new growth was a beast and through the length. I really want to do a corrective in about 6-8 weeks but that seems so far away. Hopefully after my next texlax I will achieve the results I want which is textured but not kinky.

mshoneyfly

shortdub78
I ordered straight from their web site sometime last year. I dont take them as directed. It says take 2 in the am and 2 in the pm but I only take 1 or 2 a day.

http://www.tojilife.com

FYI: After I got my second bottle, they sent me a free bottle with a card that says "were so confident you'll see results that were sending you a complimentary bottle to keep you on track".

I LOVE this HHJ!!

Meritamen

On a happy hair journey
Hello ladies. I am starting my hhj again. Using sulfur oil regularly and recently texlaxed my hair. I texlaxed with Just for me texturizer but in a few months I plan to use Mizani Butter Blend. I followed the directions, left it on for 12 minutes, and ending up with hair that looks like I blow dried my hair. A few sections are sorta coily but I don't mind I like the result.

CICI24

So, I decided to transition to texlaxed hair instead of going natural. I ended my stretch at 7 months post relaxer. I do want to finally reach my goal of waist length. I think I'm most satisfied with my hair when it is texlaxed. I am 2 inches away from APL. For the past 14 years when I relaxed I always used PCJ lye or some other lye relaxer because I was told lye was better for our hair. Well, I relaxed three weeks ago with Optimum Care Bodifying relaxer in mild, which is a no-lye and I love it. I actually like no-lye better than lye and it helped me to achieve perfect texlaxed hair. It took me 15 minutes from start to finish. My hair actually felt stronger with no-lye than with lye. For my next relaxer I actually want to try Cream of nature straight from Eden in mild.

Ravenhairedbeauty

I know this is an old thread but what i want to know is this. I have fine hair but very coarse hair in the middle of my hair. I usually start in the middle first with Just for Me texture softener. Once applied how long should i wait before rinsing out? I over processed this time so this is very important to me for next time. By the way it took 10 min. to apply and then i waited an additional 7 min. to rinse out. I called Just for Me about this and they couldn't even give me an answer. :(

ItsMeLilLucky

NotLucky no mo' just blessed.
For me personally I include application and processing in the same time when I used to texlax (thinking about going back to it). This is where doing a strand test is important.

I know this is an old thread but what i want to know is this. I have fine hair but very coarse hair in the middle of my hair. I usually start in the middle first with Just for Me texture softener. Once applied how long should i wait before rinsing out? I over processed this time so this is very important to me for next time. By the way it took 10 min. to apply and then i waited an additional 7 min. to rinse out. I called Just for Me about this and they couldn't even give me an answer. :(

mz.rae

Thank you for bumping this @whosthatcurl I had been posting in the relaxer thread. I went to the hairdresser and Texlaxed this past Tuesday. I am happy with the results so far, I'm trying to get use to having Texlaxed hair it is a little different from having fully relaxed hair but I enjoy the fullness of my hair as well as still being able to wear wash and gos like when I was natural. Truly the best of both worlds!!

Ravenhairedbeauty

Lisanaturally, try to leave the relaxer on for no more than 10 minutes from start to finish. Do you add in oils to your relaxer?
Thanks for the advice. That makes sense actually. I do use oil, the jfm comes with an oil. Basically i apply half of the oil to my hair and the other half to the texture softener.

MzSwift

I'm still here!

I've been texlaxed 3 years and after a few time where I overprocessed, I think I've finally perfected my technique.
I use Motions, Regular, lye and add both oil and a cheap cone condish to it. It ends up at about a 60/40, perm/oil and condish. I pre-part my hair the day before so application is a breeze and then I smooth with my fingers. I rinse out immediately after smoothing.

I also learned that it helps me to retain thickness and texture if I only texlax 2-3 times per year, 5-6 months in between texlaxing. My hair is fine and not very dense so keeping the texture helps to make it look more full.

I have found my people! lol I have been texlaxing intermittently for the past 4 years. In 2016 I had an emotional moment and chopped off all 12 inches of my texlaxed hair. I just began texlaxing again in january 2017 with mixed results. I have been using just for me texturizer but in the future that may change. I just texlaxed on 7/11 and I'm pretty sure I ruined my hair.. :cry:. But I will fix it and keep it rolling. I have been relaxed, natural and texlaxed. Texlaxing seems to be the best option for my hair..I just need to figure out my specifics. Today I'm going for an olaplex treatment because I REFUSE to big chop again.

Evolving78

I have found my people! lol I have been texlaxing intermittently for the past 4 years. In 2016 I had an emotional moment and chopped off all 12 inches of my texlaxed hair. I just began texlaxing again in january 2017 with mixed results. I have been using just for me texturizer but in the future that may change. I just texlaxed on 7/11 and I'm pretty sure I ruined my hair.. :cry:. But I will fix it and keep it rolling. I have been relaxed, natural and texlaxed. Texlaxing seems to be the best option for my hair..I just need to figure out my specifics. Today I'm going for an olaplex treatment because I REFUSE to big chop again.
What happened?

What happened?
I used a little of the texturizer on my ends which were already damaged, which was my fault but it was soo under processed! I did get my olaplex treatment yesterday and my hair is soft and moisturized. It doesn't feel 100% what perfect but it's a million times better than what it was. I'm going to continue having regular olaplex treatments and this time I want to stretch until maybe February 2018.